It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company will pay you 200K to make a Robot Like YOU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

Robot Company Offers $200K for Right to Use One Applicant's Face and Voice 'Forever'
Everyone will now be able to order a robot with any appearance—for professional or personal use

H -E -Double hockey Sticks NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

These people just want our souls, our being in every which way.
This might seem innocent enough at first. They want friendly kind looking people for hotels and shopping malls. NO NO NO

Listen to My Mama voice, NO, no NOOOOO Heck NOOOOOO
You are precious, your likeness is precious, your voice is precious.

There is magic to a persons voice. I don't know all the ins and outs, and spirituality, but I know there is something with voices. Singers know it, that's why companies want to own it.

Now let's get to the perverse part.
Right now they touting these for service types of jobs. We all know darn well this will quickly turn into, want to take this robot home
and have at it? Sure for $50 bucks. There will not be a thing you can do about it, because you gave a lifetime waiver.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

With the NSA, Google and fb algos, its already there.

Might as well get a home out of the deal.

But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That's good because no one else does

edit on 1-12-2021 by TheReaversChain because: Eta: not about OP!..

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And on this day I knew there was no hope for our species.

Please say this is a joke. It’s not really funny though.

“The first of December was covered with snow…”

~ James Taylor

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Sounds like a fun (and profitable) opportunity. But the thing about designing an NPC in your image is they have to know literally everything about you to mimic your psychology and tone for realistic dialogue. It can't think like the real you so it's obviously just a software facsimile wearing your face.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.newsweek.com...

Robot Company Offers $200K for Right to Use One Applicant's Face and Voice 'Forever'
Everyone will now be able to order a robot with any appearance—for professional or personal use

H -E -Double hockey Sticks NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

These people just want our souls, our being in every which way.
This might seem innocent enough at first. They want friendly kind looking people for hotels and shopping malls. NO NO NO

Listen to My Mama voice, NO, no NOOOOO Heck NOOOOOO
You are precious, your likeness is precious, your voice is precious.

There is magic to a persons voice. I don't know all the ins and outs, and spirituality, but I know there is something with voices. Singers know it, that's why companies want to own it.

Now let's get to the perverse part.
Right now they touting these for service types of jobs. We all know darn well this will quickly turn into, want to take this robot home
and have at it? Sure for $50 bucks. There will not be a thing you can do about it, because you gave a lifetime waiver.

Pretty sure these won't be anatomically correct not to mention functioning?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not that it is much of a comfort, it seems they are going
to choose 1 person from applicants. Like a most likeable
face and voice type of thing?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Maybe 20 year or more ago, they would pay me for my likeness. At just over 50, I now look to be over 60
They want to give me the senior discount every time I accidently go shopping on senior day.

We all know darn well this will quickly turn into, want to take this robot home
and have at it?

Would not bother me, although I imagine it would be creepy to many, especially women.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't even have to consider this. I guarantee they wouldn't want mine, not my voice nor my face. I've never wanted either of them, so there's no way anybody else could possibly want to duplicate them, especially not with that price tag.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but your comment made me think about the possibility that someone could literally 'Go F Themself.'

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but your comment made me think about the possibility that someone could literally 'Go F Themself.'

That is so sick, and so funny!

I would want mine to give me a back rub!

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Those of us who remember Weird Science never expected it to actually happen within our lifetimes!

Now I'm a dirty old man and might "" this, but also have a strong gut instinct this will have a terrible outcome.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You can replicate the appearance and voice, that's about it. You want personality then I'm looking for royalties for the rest of my life.

You want to take it home for "service"? I'm flattered.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

LOL this is true, but I would imagine there are some people...

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

We could literally tell them to shove their head up their bum and see if it fits. I'm just afraid too many people would look at it having a robot of themselves as having sex with someone they love or hate depending on their mood.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Remember that Cambridge-Analytica™ bragged about having way more Data-Points™ about each of us, than our lovers, friends, and parents ?

Remember the Bruce Willis™ film Surrogates™ ?

Who knows what is supposedly Real™ anymore ?

edit on 1-12-2021 by Nothin because: Corrected "out" to the intended 'our'.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Nice try Elon .... but is a no for me dawg

bytes..

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'd take the cash but they'd be disappointed.

Wouldn't be long before they realised they'd made a lazier, more sarcastic version of Marvin the paranoid android.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
" According to the release, the applicants' age and gender does not matter—however, their face must be "kind and friendly.". "

Well that's me out.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
terms and conditions:

everytime you use you voice on an service with AI recognition , or speech software, you give forever grant to use your voice.

it means amazon, and AI speeches, for example, or voice effects software.
like when you use tiktok they added your image, voice and derivative works.
or you mobile with google.

they can create a voice like you based on your own words, and resell it, for example, to you.

..and you gave it for free.

edit on 12121212 by lux666 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join