It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling them looters now racist, how about O.R.C.S, Organized Retail Crime Syndicate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: IAMTAT

I suggested that in another thread. Price everything at $1000.00 and have super discounts at the register. If stolen, the discounts have not been applied and therefore the item is still full price. They can be arrested and charged then.

Wow! My receipt says I saved $1998.00 by spending $2.00.

It's the new chain concept - Everything's $1,000! Of course, I notice that no one says they never loot the dollar stores.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why not do it?

If you break in to anywhere in California, regardless of who is there (children), nursing mothers, elderly or handicapped people, and steal less than $950 worth of stuff while terrorizing people, just dont actually hurt anyone, you are a free person.

California has decided you should only get the equivilant of a parking ticket.

Why the heck not smash and grab or break into a house and take whatever fancies you, as long as you stay under the $950 threshold, you are guaranteed not to go to jail, just pay a fine if caught, if you can pay it.

California has incitivized theft, smash and grab and home invasion as profitable and lacking in any real consequences.

Progressive liberals think this is justice and fair especially to people of color, what does that say about what they really think about people of color?

edit on 11/25/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Taking
Home
Unpaid for
Goods
Suckas

T.H.U.G.S

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Makes slow sweeping hand gesture in front of OP...

"These aren't the ORCS you're looking for".

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
I don't care!

Track them all down.

No seriously, I thought that term was coined 1929 when the stock market crashed. Thanks for educating me about that

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Saw that one a few days ago. Genius argumentation and logic. When it does not run over the cashiers table, no discount so it's still rated 2000$ (or whatever).

Fight dumb rules with more dumb rules flies for me in this situation.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

It was funny enough to me while eating my morning cereal and checking my news feeds to do the OP. Once I read all the references to organized retail crime in the news the word syndicate came forward completing the statement, ORCS came out and I thought of the bands of ORCS roaming the middle Earth taking whatever they wanted and destroying everything in their wake.

edit on 11/25/2021 by machineintelligence because: mispelling

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've seen a few US news reports but not a lot of detail.

I'm willing to bet there are news outlets over there who would love to do a Jedi trick and make it disappear.

When these policies were announced, there were plenty of people here who predicted what would happen and it seems, as usual, that they were right.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Shooting to protect property..the idea is warming up to me..sad times I could think this.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So it’s everyone’s fault because a few idiots think of blacks as soon as the word looting gets dropped?

I think the clown who thought this new little rule up has some underlying prejudices.
The word Looting is not associated with black or brown.
Nor do I automatically jump to “ it must be them coloured folks” when I hear looting is taking place.
Looting is an action or behaviour.
A degenerates action and behaviour.
Not confined to anyone race.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I think the clown who thought this new little rule up has some underlying prejudices.

Apparently this was 1 of the guys who thought up this brilliant idea:

Lorenzo M. Boyd, Ph.D.

Stewart Professorship in Criminal Justice and Community Policing

Lorenzo M. Boyd, Ph.D., is a nationally recognized leader in police-community relations and an authority on urban policing, diversity issues in criminal justice, race and crime, and criminal justice systems.

He served for 14 years in the Suffolk County (Mass.) Sheriff’s department – working in policing, corrections, and the courts – which he says shaped his approach to teaching, research, and training of police commanders and officers.

University of New Haven

www.newhaven.edu...

edit on 11/25/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Calling them looters now deemed racist.
www.foxnews.com...

I think the acronym ORCS seems appropriate to my sensibilities. It is descriptive without the so-called racist baggage of the term looters. I don't know but it made me chuckle when I thought this up this morning. Happy turkey day ATS folks.

Political correctness run amok.

I say call a spade a spade.

Or if you prefer - it is what it is.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Also under California law...

California law.

[sigh]

Seriously?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Nah , I Still Call them CRIMINAL Looters . It's Against the Law to Steal .

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The term 'Black Friday Sale' should probably be called racist too.

Ha!

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Ahh! I stand corrected.
He feels victimized and wants to take it out on the world…
From his big house and big…suites.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Immoral punks.

First one shot ends it all.

Remember Kenosha.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Saying that calling the looters is racist is racist because it is insinuating that all looters are of a particular race.

Not to mention that people I've seen in videos of looting are usually homogeneously of one ... ahem ... particular race. I won't mention what race since some folks here may not have noticed.

It's like when they said that a political cartoon representing Obama as a monkey was racist. The people who said that must think of black people as monkeys. I never thought of it as being racist, just as portraying Obama as being as stupid as monkey. Because I'm not a racist and I don't think of black people as monkeys. But progressives/leftists do, because they all racists so they project their racism on others who are not racists.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
the Ricco Act doesn't apply?

posted on Nov, 27 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

You are so right I think here in your analysis. Further along the line, you are filling in here is that voter ID laws are supposed to be racist because they say minorities would have their vote impacted if ID was required. That insults a lot of black folks as I understand because the characterization is racist on its face.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join