It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catalyst for Stores to change Retail Theft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
www.tmj4.com... HNKOxeEzj2S1OIY

[...]

Authorities in Illinois say 14 thieves hit a high-end store at once in broad daylight.

In a press release, the Oak Brook Police Department says the suspects robbed a Louis Vuitton store at the Oak Brook Center on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.

"Once they entered the store, they pulled out the garbage bags from their coats and started filling them with [the] merchandise," said Police Chief James Kruger.

After robbing the store, the suspects drove away in three vehicles, police say.
On Friday, police say they recovered one of the vehicles, a stolen Dodge Charger, which was stolen out of Chicago in October.
The department said the suspects reportedly got away with $120,000 worth of merchandise.

Pretty soon all these stores will be virtual, perhaps on the metaverse, or within guarded walls of HOA communities.
I think Florida is half way there with massive HOA's.

When there are no pharmacies, grocery stores, or shopping malls left in the public realm who is to blame?

edit on 20-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Nov 20 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: quotes trimmed IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think you pretty much nailed this. It is a seemingly inevitable part of our very near future. And a person will at some point have to sell their soul to even participate in the metaverse.

I was actually a bit floored when Zuckerberg announced the Facebook name change and plans right before Halloween. He was raised as a Jew and surely knows the meaning of Meta.

I will do all I can to keep my kids out of this. They are not spellbound or indoctrinated so they have a good grip on where things are heading.

As a kid I use to dream about virtual reality games and an awesome future cyber world. This is all a great lesson about careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The metaverse.

Anyone who joins that, have fun in your dystopia Hell. Not touching it with a 5000ft pole.

The beast system is not for me.

Go look at ipetgoat2 again..... its not even funny how creepy this all is. Zuckerberg knows what 'meta' means.

Also all the WORST people in the world are fully invested in this - they call it the great narrative - they want to be God. All it will take is for one man to rise and take control of this and ALL of Biblical prophecy is go time.

You have NO idea how close we are!
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

or within guarded walls of HOA communities.

Hehe.. forgive me im in a silly mood.

When there are no pharmacies, grocery stores, or shopping malls left in the public realm who is to blame?

When I was a kid. If I left on a light in my room unattended. Either my mother or mamaw would take the lightbulb out of the lamp or ceiling, thus leaving me at night in the dark. I was very afraid of the dark.

By her doing this "repeatedly", and I highly disagree on her stance on how much I did this.

Over time, I got more and more into the habit of turning the lights off. I learned that by her taking away something of great importance to me.... I learned to behave and respect what she and others have provided for me.

If it isn't yours, don't touch.

I had the best childhood. But don't think for a second one of my parents didn't give me a swat on the
Butt. 😒

Start with even basic parenting.

edit on 20-11-2021 by Bigburgh because: Hi BOB!

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The second coming of Christ is General Artificial Intelligence. Mark my words.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
The second coming of Christ is General Artificial Intelligence. Mark my words.

No. That would be more like the advent of antichrist.

I have always believed that the antichrist spirit would most manifest itself in the form of a "god" that mankind would create then worship. Thar is what civilizations have done for millennia - fabricate gods according to their own desires then set thiñose created gods up as objects is worship.

This is what AI will become, I believe.
:
edit on 2021 11 20 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

How could we know the difference?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

How could we know the difference last time?
edit on 11 20 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The Antichrist/Beast will be a man. I am a bible believer (I highly prefer KJV) and according to scripture the Beast and his image will be worshipped. I definitely think his image will involve high tech ai. It could be hard to tell the man from the ai but that probably will not make any difference. The end result will be the same.

Not sure I understood your question correctly but maybe this helps.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Pretty soon all these stores will be virtual, perhaps on the metaverse, or within guarded walls of HOA communities.

Here is the problem. Even online sellers are getting scammed/robbed by people. It can get bad depending on what you sell so much so that people started posting how to avoid scammers on Ebay and other platforms videos on You Tube. There are people who have stopped selling online because it got so bad for them.

If stores go from selling in public to selling online, and they are still being ripped off, where are they going to go to sell next? There is no space where someone can safely sell without someone trying to eventually rob or scam the seller.

I'm sure Amazon is hurting with their easy return policy. I heard over half the time they don't even check the returns. A person can order a new item, and return their used/broken item. The used item can end up back in circulation as a new item. If you buy from a non-FBA seller (they do not have prime because they never shipped the product to an Amazon warehouse for Amazon fullfilment) those sellers more often than not check their returns. I sure Walmart and other large retailers get slammed one way or another also.

As far as the theift, Louis Vuitton will more than likely take a claim out with their insurance for the items that have been stolen, and any damage done to the store.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I absolutely love Dr. Gene Kim and his lesson for today could not be more relevant to this thread.

It is awesome how often this happens.

Titled, The Great Reset Meets the Metaverse.

youtu.be...

(post by CovidKiller removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady

originally posted by: JAGStorm

As far as the theift, Louis Vuitton will more than likely take a claim out with their insurance for the items that have been stolen, and any damage done to the store.

yes, but how soon does such insurance stop, or premiums to go sky high and affordable? i can see insurance companies in areas that suffer or are possibly to have these riots and looting doing this since they loose money. or at the very least no longer covering damage or losses from "civil unrest".

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Another day, another day closer to what I mentioned in my OP….sad
www.yahoo.com...

WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (AP) — About 80 people, some wearing ski masks and wielding crowbars, ransacked a high-end department store in the San Francisco Bay Area, assaulting employees and stealing merchandise before fleeing in cars waiting outside, police and witnesses said.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

How could we know the difference last time?

We didn't have AI last time.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   
the 80 member gang stealing in san fran...

blak liiives matta yo!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think this has been the plan all along. Who is to blame? Well, me and my community are partly to blame.

Before COVID, you couldn’t get half of us old country folk to use a computer. We didn’t have that much time, with everything being at least an hour’s drive from home.

Along came the lock downs and we were stuck out here on these back country dirt roads, and even if you could go into town, it was a nightmare. So suddenly you started seeing UPS, FedEx, and Amazon trucks coming up and down these roads several times a day. Our only contact with the real world.

Fast forward to today. There are more of those delivery trucks on these roads than ever before. Almost all the grocery stores out here have dedicated a large section of the store to Insta-Cart pickups. Not that folk have gotten lazy, though that may also play a tiny part, but it is cheaper to pay the delivery fee than pay for the gas to make the trip, plus it frees up your day a bit.

COVID was a beta test that worked like a charm. It reset people’s minds, and changed years old ideologies, beliefs and behaviors.

The big box stores and the warehouse stores saved a fortune not having to pay employees, pay for employees insurance, buildings, utilities, security, business insurance, repairs, and the list goes on. They would look like greedy businesses, with no concern for their customers if they just closed up shop, but still wanted your money, so suddenly we have this huge wave of thefts, that not only makes it the only sound and prudent moved for them to make, they can actually blame the people and the communities for their own lost.

I saw the lost of shopping malls and strip malls in the works long before COVID though. They have been dying for a while. The only thing keeping them halfway alive was the movie theaters, and them being a favorite teen hang out. But they were losing their appeal with parents, and streaming was killing the theaters. People were becoming less social and preferred socializing of the anonymous behind the screen variety.

So the need for physical stores has greatly decreased. Soon we all live in 15 minutes cities or rely on self driving trucks and drones for deliveries to our front doors. There will be no one on the streets without their papers.

Our brave new world. We all saw it coming, so we can’t really say we are surprised that it has arrived.

top topics

join