It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That was fast San Francisco Misses Walgreens now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If I lived next to a local store with a national supply chain, and I could just take whatever I wanted every time I showed up (up to $1k) why would I ever need a job?

Of course they miss it.

The bums lost, Lebowski.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Don’t cry me a river. San Francisco is freaking nuts.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Too many grift organizations catering to the homeless and drug addicts. Until that stops it will get worse. Arrest them and get them off the street. There is no other way. Tear down all their tents and arrest them. Only then will it stop.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Not to be outdone, but Dayton, Ohio has been under consistent Democrat Occupation for Decades. Industry is gone (used to be called little Detroit due to auto manufacturing OEM’s). Now quite a number of city managers, officials, etc are under heavy FBI investigation. The only automobile related thing left is a Chinese owned glass company named Fuyao. Many safety violations and lawsuits.

San Francisco is a mess. But nearly all the DNC held cities are only held together by stubborn determination to remain a city. Probably won’t be for much longer though. They are all coming apart at the seems.

One odd quirk, the outgoing current mayor (she is planning to run for governor again) is so anti-gun it is shocking. Dayton is home to an American factory of Chiappa Firearms. But they only manufacture six months out of the year for some weird reason.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Last year dispensaries were looted all over . Philly , Pittsburgh, Chicago, Minneapolis.
Of course MSM doesn’t report on things like this but I seen the damage that was done in Philadelphia first hand.

City of brotherly love my a$$

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Any time someone shoplifts from a business,it raises the cost to everyone. If the amount of shoplifting is small enough, the business will simply raise prices to cover the extra cost. After that fails, it will usually install additional security. If that doesn't work, there is really no option: close the doors.

Apparently the present leadership cannot understand that.

We're moving into a new economy, one based on mail order instead of brick-and-mortar stores. Using mail order, companies can protect themselves against shoplifting... once the order is delivered, it is no longer the responsibility of the retailer to maintain it; it becomes the responsibility of the customer. Warehouses can be locked down, since there are no general public customers and everyone employed can be vetted. Shoplifting will still occur, of course, and we will again be reminded of that in the next two months as the Holiday Season brings out the package swipers.

I went to a hardware store with a friend the other day and saw something new... lockable mailboxes! I can see the reason behind wanting one. Problem with that is that they can't hold large packages. I expect to see lockable cages soon for packages. With every additional risk, we grow more and more isolated behind locks and keys,

The real losers, though, are the poor. When stores like this go out of business and leave gaping holes in local economies, it is the poor who are unable to order through mail and unable to afford to walk across town who really suffer. The neighborhoods wither and die, because only criminals want to live amidst other criminals. But the poor can't afford to leave. So they become perpetual prey until the day they die... far before their time, usually.

But they'll still vote for the same old losers who did this to them! I guess that's all that matters to those in charge.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Arresting people for homelessness? drug addiction? Sorry but no. These are people who need help not imprisonment. Drug treatment would pay for itself in restored lives. Bring back the Civilian Conservation Corps where people have a job, place to live and food. They could run organic farms to turn a profit and not be a drain on taxes. There are those who just want to be homeless and yes, they need to be encouraged to move elsewhere and not congregate. it's really a problem when you get areas devoted to homeless crowds.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I agree it is not a one solution type of situation.
My guess it’s not the “normal” homeless that are taking advantage of the lax laws in San Fran either.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I had a patient last week who moved here from San Fran, said the city was unlivable now and it was a shame what they had done to it.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Liberal democrats destroyed San Francisco. The mayor, London Breed is a lunatic. The district attorney, Chesa Boudin is a lunatic. Breed is the highest paid mayor in U.S. history, btw. There are also 150 city employees earning salaries of over $300,000. No wonder the cost of living is so high there!

It really is a crying shame.

I lived in Palo Alto from '88-'94. The city used to be a great place to spend the day - or even the weekend. Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, etc were touristy but fun to visit.

And driving down the twisty, turny Lombard St was an adventure!

I visited again last year. What a dump.

I felt like that Indian from the old "don't litter" commercial...the one with the tear running down his cheek.

I wanted to cry.

At least Sausalito and Tiburon were still terrific!

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I felt like that Indian from the old "don't litter" commercial...the one with the tear running down his cheek.

A lot of the youngin’s on this site have no clue what you’re talking about, but all us old geezers just shook our head in agreement. Man, that Indian with the tear hit hard!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Seems True, until Obama or Biden get into office and pass massive bills giving those Democrat cities millions or billions to keep them afloat. California is over 140 billion in debt as a state. It's a joke.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Arresting people for homelessness? drug addiction? Sorry but no. These are people who need help not imprisonment. Drug treatment would pay for itself in restored lives. Bring back the Civilian Conservation Corps where people have a job, place to live and food. They could run organic farms to turn a profit and not be a drain on taxes. There are those who just want to be homeless and yes, they need to be encouraged to move elsewhere and not congregate. it's really a problem when you get areas devoted to homeless crowds.

I have a simple idea. How about using the money that the City receives to actually help the homeless, instead of siphoning it off to pay Liberals large salaries and making large donations the Liberal politicians from "Non-Profits". I saw an estimate that there was enough funds to give every homeless person in San Fran over $300,000. THEY DON'T WANT THE PROBLEM TO BE RESOLVED BECAUSE THEY LOSE THEIR CASH COW. That's why they are doing their best to ATTRACT more homeless.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Yes, the solution to the problem is very complicated especially when you factor in the percentage of homeless that choose to be homeless. How can you help people that are not mentally ill, have no drug issues, and are capable of working but choose to not do so?

I used to work at a small college and since it was a public place the buildings opened up at 6:00 am. At one time we had over 40 homeless people come and sit in the lunchroom/cafeteria area to get warm, use the bathrooms, use Wi-Fi etc. My staff and I had the opportunity to talk with many of them and probably a quarter of all of them chose to live on the streets and get a free check.

Almost all had cell phones, some had lap tops, many had nice bicycles they used to get around. There was even one married couple that had cold weather gear and lots of equipment that quit their jobs and chose to live along the river in a tent because they liked the freedom and no responsibility. Unfortunately for them there were a few physical fights between them our security staff banned them from congregating in that area so they dispersed.

By allowing these people to just steal and continue to just do whatever is not helping the situation at all.

My brief San Francisco story I always tell everyone when we discuss the city. My wife and I went on vacation there about 12 years ago. We were down by the pier in the middle of the day and looking at the sites and of course the street performers etc. In one of the small park areas down by the pier there was a homeless guy on a park bench either passed our or possibly dead. All over his chest was either pizza or vomit (didn't get close enough to see) and the seagulls would just land on his body and eat the material right off his chest. It was okay to visit but I have not desire to ever go back to that city.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You're reminding me of Hasta Muerté Coffee shop in Oakland California. They're really anti police.

For what it's worth. Seattle and the Sound are beautiful, as long as you stay on water. Whidbey island is neat just off shore watching F-18's.

it's almost 10am. Good Morning 🤗
edit on 16-11-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

a homeless guy on a park bench either passed our or possibly dead. All over his chest was either pizza or vomit

Sorry, I don't mean to be morbid. But this gave me a chuckle. Did you check for a Patent Airway ?

Sorry😣 seen many many um... things in my career over the years. If you're brave enough, A Good Sternal Rub always help in these situations.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I lived in Seattle when it was cheap, and still had some open land, hard to believe now.

We used to go clamming,(I think it was Alki beach) and actually eat the clams. Hard to believe now.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was stationed in San Diego in the early 80's. I loved it there. I have friends who live there now who can't wait for their enlistment to be up so that they can get the hell out of there. A company I used to work for has an office in Portland, OR. I've been there a few times, couldn't wait to leave. Don't even get me started on Seattle.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Sometimes technology can be a good thing. Here's my attempt to educate those young-'uns.
Amazing... back in 1970, we were horrified at those scenes of pollution. Now they seem tame... acceptable, even.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
hate to burst everyone's bubble but this has nothing to do with liberal policies, walgreens is just struggling as a whole and are shutting down hundreds of stores across America.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join