It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Removing Dislike Button

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I saw this earlier today. Youtube announced that they are getting rid of video dislikes. They will no longer show how many dislikes a video has on their platform.

YouTuve Removing Dislikes

Youtube claims "the change will better protect its creators from harassment and reduce the threat of what it calls “dislike attacks” — essentially, when a group teams up to drive up the number of dislikes a video receives."

Of course, we know the real reason is to prevent the public from knowing how many people disagree with something. We've discussed on here before how Youtube was manipulating likes and dislikes on Whitehouse videos as it is no secret that the dislikes are often 2x's the likes. See this video for an example:

The manipulation and propaganda is real.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If they remove the tools that allow us to disapprove of something then by default everyone will automatically approve!

What’s 2 + 2 Winston?

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I seldom dislike a vid, only if it's deceptive/clickbait, even then. But yes, it's not good, they are manipulating algorithms.
edit on 10-11-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is about one account and one account only. They’ll do anything to hide what people really think about the Brandon administration. Turning comments off just wasn’t enough.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
This is about one account and one account only. They’ll do anything to hide what people really think about the Brandon administration. Turning comments off just wasn’t enough.

Ahh, 1 account, I didn't realise that, I guess it opens the door regardless.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yup. You can go look at videos on Covid, Brandon, and many other left leaning issues and the like / dislike ratio is telling. They are trying to hide the disapproval of the narrative.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This was easily predictable when the counter-narrative folks began correctly pointing out how miserable the ratio was on virtually everything that emanated from the current White House as well as a large number of establishment stooge videos. Expect this to be the norm moving forward... just as with the world of Orwell in 1984, anything that points to a disagreement towards of a dissatisfaction with the official narratives will be cleansed to ensure that the overarching narrative of "*most* Americans are 100% in agreement with this official position, anyone who disagrees with it is dangerous/Unamerican/hate-filled/racist/sexist/violent/undemocratic/etc" will persist unchallenged according to the powers that be.

Let's face facts here, the only "dislike" button they can't cancel is the dislike button that we use by refusing to patronize these media sites.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It is bad enough that 50% of comments get deleted...

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

YouTube Removing Dislike Button

That's alright with me.
I removed YouTube decades ago.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Freedom of expression means the right to hold your own opinion, which includes disliking something. Therefore, YouTube is anti-freedom of expression and anti-freedom of speech.

Maybe that creature who runs YouTube will win another "Free Expression Award". You know, the award that was
sponsored by YouTube

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Or disabled.

I can't think of any times my comments have been deleted, and I'm frankly surprised..lol

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yup. You can go look at videos on Covid, Brandon, and many other left leaning issues and the like / dislike ratio is telling. They are trying to hide the disapproval of the narrative.

Which are probably disliked a lot more then they now show.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

This is about one account and one account only.

No, they started doing this years ago already this is far from the only instance in where they did this.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Or disabled.

I can't think of any times my comments have been deleted, and I'm frankly surprised..lol

Mine get deleted at least 50% of the time on political videos. It is to the point I don't even want to waste time commenting.

For the past few years, I've noticed many media outlets shutting down comment sections, particularly when they get a lot of opposing views posted. I often find comment sections more informative than the articles.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I subscribed to the White House YouTube channel just so I could dislike every video that they posted.

I guess I helped ruin it for everyone.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

This will increase anti-biden sentiment and actions even more. Everything liberals do has the opposite effect of what they want to accomplish. Pitiful.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Everything liberals do has the opposite effect of what they want to accomplish.

Isn't it funny how they never seem to get that? Maybe because it would require thinking.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Then they are going to have to turn the F*ing comments off.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Beat me to it.

posted on Nov, 10 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Beat me to it.

Just went and checked...

This one wasn't censored yet. Look at the like to dislikes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join