It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hotel Industry getting a wake up call

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thing is that you can literally pick them up anywhere and all it takes is for one guest with them to drop in ... and you have and may not know for a long time. By then, there's no telling how many people have taken them home, and they are next to impossible to get rid of.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thing is that you can literally pick them up anywhere and all it takes is for one guest with them to drop in ... and you have and may not know for a long time. By then, there's no telling how many people have taken them home, and they are next to impossible to get rid of.

la la la la la I'm not reading what you are saying, I don't hear it and I won't think about it next time i'm in a hotel la la la la 🤣

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Then the hotels need to do something to attract more workers. There's city's right now that will pay you $5,000 just to move there. The McDonalds mentioned in the article I posted will provide a bus pass. I know the area. Very easy to travel on busses there. If I lived and worked in that area I'd probably ride the bus.

If the hotels don't attract workers then they will go out of business and rightfully so.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Gee, most hotels I've stayed at recently (granted, not many) have only changed linens by request during your stay. Beds don't get made unless you request it.

As for towels...I must be a pig! I'm gonna' go wash my towels now! **oink, oink**

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A few years ago I stayed in a hotel for about a month. Nice place. It was more like an apartment. It had a fridge and small kitchen. There was also a small washer and dryer combination. The kitchen was stocked with pots, pans, dishes and utensils. I rewashed everything to my standards (bleach). If I put the linens and towels in a bag, in the hall by the door, there were fresh linens and towels there when I returned that evening. Every third day I'd request maid service by putting a card on the door handle. Trash, I'd take out with me when I left for the day. There was a door by the elevator for the trash chute. If I could afford it, I'd like to live there.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

I recently spent two weeks in high end hotels (in Ireland) where they have a system that they will clean you room each day, make the bed, take away dirty dishes…etc. Towels left on the floor will taken away, But they ask that lightly used be hung back up to spare the utilities costs. They change the bed linen after a few days, unless its badly soiled. Seems to be reasonable.

I've spent thousands of nights in hotel room over the years.

I never understood the need of the daily cleaning. Yeah, it was nice but not necessary imho. if a guest wants daily cleaning, they should just do an upcharge for it imho. When I felt the room need a refresh, I'd just call and request it.

My thing is insuring the room is cleaned thoroughly between guests. I feel this is where cleaning expectations are lax.

I think it depends on the hotel and expectations. Most of the recent hotel stays I've had didn't have daily cleaning anymore due to covid anyway.

The hotel industry is kind of behind the times. The industry hasn't kept up with changing consumers wants and needs.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I can see customer satisfaction going down because they are not hiring people who like to clean.i was a housekeeper at a Hotel, it was a very nice one, and yes we had to change sheets after every check out and towels and all of that lot. For stay overs we changed sheets every other day or if it was requested of the customer to do so each day. For the recotrd people in general are disgusting. I can't tell you how many people left blood, #, trash, used baby diapers,vomit, piss in their rooms. How many people trashed and threw plates,glasses,bowls and sashed those on the gorund. We had suites, so every room had a kitchen in it. Yeah i saw good,bad and ugly. So,it does go both ways here.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: ketsuko

la la la la la I'm not reading what you are saying, I don't hear it and I won't think about it next time i'm in a hotel la la la la 🤣

I am recalling a story about an EMT service. They picked them up on a call and took them back to the station house. By the time the infestation there was discovered, over 1/3 of the employees had since taken bedbugs home.

This translates to hotels all too well and makes my skin crawl.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's really gross,no when I did stay overs and this was as of 2018 at a Hilton Homewood Suites hotel, what we did for stay overs was clean bathrooms, took used towels out and gave you new ones. If you used any toiletries we gave you new ones, we took out your trash out, we also replaced anything you would have used in the kitchen,made the bed for you, and vacuumed. Took 15minutes. Like I stated if a guest wanted their linens changed, we changed them.We also took dishes that were in the sink and put them in the dishwahsre for you and started it, and wiped down the kitchen and moped the kitchen floor.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

I recently spent two weeks in high end hotels (in Ireland) where they have a system that they will clean you room each day, make the bed, take away dirty dishes…etc. Towels left on the floor will taken away, But they ask that lightly used be hung back up to spare the utilities costs. They change the bed linen after a few days, unless its badly soiled. Seems to be reasonable.

This is a proper stay over and this is what i did when I worked at a Hilton, if other US hotels arenot doing this, that is gross in my opionion.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

1st rule of congress "Never let a good crisis go to waste"
2nd rule of congress "Never talk about the REAL issues"

The end result of this will be used to paint a picture there aren't enough Americans workers and the solution is to bring in more foreign workers .

Ofcourse it will only be a coincidence that foreign workers will do the job for far less.

That will also lead us to the end goal of using Robotic Automation. It will be far easier for the Oligarchs to sell massive firing of foreign workers than American workers when its time to replace them by AI and automation technology.

edit on 301130America/ChicagoTue, 09 Nov 2021 12:30:28 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That will also lead us to the end goal of using Robotic Automation. It will be far easier for the Oligarchs to sell massive firing of foreign workers than American workers when its time to replace them by AI and automation technology.

I stayed in a hotel that used automated robots to deliver food/goods.

It Sucked! The robots were broken half the time, charging the other half. We are nowhere close to having certain things automated, unless great strides were made during covid, which I doubt.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
ColeYounger

Hopefully this ain't a T&C violation! I got on airbnb and found the place I'm talking about. As you can see, 5-star ratings.
The other relatives get a hotel that's right off the freeway near downtown Seattle, my nephew and I are sipping a beer while sitting in the backyard forest, next to a waterfall.

Isaaquah, WA airbnb

That place looks like paradise!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Testing - do not reply.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

My thing is insuring the room is cleaned thoroughly between guests. I feel this is where cleaning expectations are lax.

Totally agree with this.

I am also a member to most of the places I stay so I always request more towels and a certain type of bedding.
If a place has enough towels there isn't a need for daily cleaning service. The problem is that my family is a very clean family. There are other people that are horrible. They leave tons of trash everywhere and now that there is limited cleaning service they are starting to leave it outside of their rooms. We saw that at some pretty fancy places recently.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: interupt42

I stayed in a hotel that used automated robots to deliver food/goods.

It Sucked! The robots were broken half the time, charging the other half. We are nowhere close to having certain things automated, unless great strides were made during covid, which I doubt.

That is why they will use cheap foreign labor in the meantime . I would say in about 10 years you will see actually functional automation being performed

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I guess you didn't know that the Dells is run by the Russian mob.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

I guess you didn't know that the Dells is run by the Russian mob.

A lot of the massage therapist are Russian, and let me tell you they don't F around.
They will have you loose as a goose!

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Is it guests or are local governments putting up the homeless there?

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I thought maybe that was the one you were talking about!!

I've stayed there twice, and wow. Nice doesn't begin to cover it.

<< 1    3 >>

join