It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The newest attack the Word Pregnant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Triggered, man I hate that word, do you? I want to go back to the world before that word.
How do you know you're getting old? It's when the world you know has changed so completely.
The baseline you grew up with is so different. You question if aliens abducted you and dropped you off on a different planet.

Today I read a story where this new generation (some of them) no longer want people to say Pregnant, or pregnant woman, because
that refers to someone that is female. They now want people to say BIRTHING PERSON, all in the name of inclusiveness.

www.parents.com...

When talking about reproduction, reproductive rights, and gynecological health, transgender folks deserve the same inclusive and affirming care as cisgender folks. That starts with changing the language around transgender pregnancy.

It got me thinking, is this really being inclusive. I don't think so. I looked at how many trans people are in the US. It appears it's about 5% say they are part of that community. Not all are actually trans, some are gay etc. So if we are generous and say half of those people are truly trans, and maybe a small percentage of those people are actually a women to man Trans that is able to get preggo (maybe yes, maybe not if they got jabbed) what kind of percentage are we talking. My guess is less than 1% of the population, and we need to change a scientific term so as not to hurt some feelings. What about the 99% of the other people? Isn't it uninclusive to not call them what is scientifically correct?

"I was deeply uncomfortable with how cis-normative the whole culture of pregnancy was. Phrases like 'pregnant women' and 'expectant mothers' made my skin crawl and made me feel wrong," says Minerva.

"Additionally, providers should be aware that any person that their patients interface with (receptionists, nurse practitioners, lab techs, etc.) should also be trained and engaged in ongoing education in order to maintain a safe environment.

But wait there's more. Depending on which article you read, it'll say different things, so you can just roll the wheel of who you may or may not offend at any given time.
Some want to be called pregnant person & chest feed instead of breast feed
Some want to do away with pregnant all together and be called birthing.

edit on Thu Nov 4 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: Made title word attack

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You would think the transgender community would be more in favour of calling a pregnant man a women ?
Oh wait men can't give birth.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg
You would think the transgender community would be more in favour of calling a pregnant man a women ?

Is it weird of me to think, if a person REALLY REALLY physically, mentally, the whole nine yards wants to be
A MAN, they would make it so they are unable to get pregnant, because that would truly be as manly as you could be right?
Being a birththing/pregant man, is not something that could really happen. (other than seahorses etc)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The only way to be inclusive anymore is to insult everyone equally.

Who's with me?!...

Meh

We all know the current people whom are offended will still be the ones crying foul.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Who's with me?!...

Meh

We all know the current people whom are offended will still be the ones crying foul.

I guess that's where I'm on the fence, I don't see how something scientific can be insulting in the first place!!
If you look up the definition of the word, it is actually inclusive!!!!!!!!!!!

Pregnant: The state of carrying a developing fetus within the body

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

the very second we find a man who can have a baby, I will 100% fully adopt the woke vocabulary. I'll take classes and study. But, until that time, # no, I won't call the pregnant person a birthing person. That's just rude and stupid. She is a woman, and she is pregnant. He is a man, he can birth a large turd, but nothing more. he is a man. This is science. This is basic biology. Even the kids on the short bus with helmets on know this. That is all.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I hate when a guy now says that him and his wife are pregnant. I mean, a guy stealing the thunder from his wife is terrible, the guy does NOT share the same troubles and inconvenience a women has to bear, being the husband of a pregnant wife can be challenging, but not nearly as bad as the woman has got it. Being a guy, when you were asked if you wanted to do something with a friend...You said my wife is pregnant.....Aaaaahhh, the guy said, and then you were excused from doing it.

All guys have to go through with a pregnant wife is putting up with here hormone induced weird way of thinking, something the wife also knows is not right. But we learn to accept it, we were warned as kids how pregnant women get sometimes.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for the push to eliminate the words 'Woman' & 'Human' because they have 'Man' in them.

On one hand, this shyt has gone far beyond ridiculous, and I wanna just say 'Stop it!! Enough is enough already. Stop stealing words!! I don't understand why this word-thievery is allowed.

On the other hand, because this nonsense has soared to such extreme heights, I have no problem at all saying, Fk 'em!! Fk em all. I don't give a shyt what they want. I'll use whatever words I want, because when they're coming out of my mouth, or from my fingers, then they are my words.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The way you fix it is you refuse to change your speech.

Language is the magick of the world. In words we control life and death and activity and behaviour.

To change language is to change the culture.

They are doing this on purpose as a kind of reprogramming.

Just speak normally.
Problem solved.

You offend people?
Tough nuts.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

XX PERSON

XY PERSON

Problem solved.

...you're welcome, everybody.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Little off topic but just wanted to say
clicked on your link..

I'm a VERY proper lady, and you'd never know it from talking to me or looking at me but I love me some NIИ
When I need to get really pumped (like don't want to exercise) I listen to them!
Their lyrics are quite graphic but I think they are absolutely musical genius.
But what do I know, they are from way back in the day when we used to call ladies pregnant

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The eternally offended don't even understand their own chosen vocabulary.

They say Diversity and inclusion....

but they mean Conformity or exclusion.

Do as they say or you're out. The highest form of compassion and understanding.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Is it weird of me to think, if a person REALLY REALLY physically, mentally, the whole nine yards wants to be
A MAN, they would make it so they are unable to get pregnant, because that would truly be as manly as you could be right?
Being a birththing/pregant man, is not something that could really happen. (other than seahorses etc)

Thing about humans is we are a product of our environment, a cat will always be a cat no matter how much you try to influence it, the only change you see in animals is their adaption to different environmental changes.

There are documented cases of feral children, children who behaved like wolves and how it took years to teach them to behave human again, I say again but they never knew how to be human in the first place.

edit on th114711 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How do you know you're getting old? It's when the world you know has changed so completely.

When i have no idea what your title means

"newest attact" is that a gender description, i honestly have no idea

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

"I was deeply uncomfortable with how cis-normative the whole culture of pregnancy was. Phrases like 'pregnant women' and 'expectant mothers' made my skin crawl and made me feel wrong," says Minerva.

This part disturbs me. I think that the phrase "expectant mother" is quite possibly the most beautiful, natural thing on earth.

link   

EXACTLY!
So at this point the part that gets pregnant in the person is still a female part and always will be!

link   

They now want people to say BIRTHING PERSON, all in the name of inclusiveness.

In the name of "inclusion" they are ensuring exclusion. They are excluding women who want to be called "mothers". They are eroding hard won women's rights.

This word game is to satiate the delicacies of a tiny minority, for whom the majority view is irrelevant. It's sadly supported by organisations who fear bullying, censor and unbalanced bile from Twitter.

All very sad.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

When i have no idea what your title means

"newest attact" is that a gender description, i honestly have no idea

It means that the word Pregnant is the word that some people are attacking now.
Some people do not want that word to be used anymore.

They want other words to be used like Birthing Person.

There is this movement to change very normal words like He, She, him, her etc.
edit on 4-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I hate when a guy now says that him and his wife are pregnant. I mean, a guy stealing the thunder from his wife is terrible, the guy does NOT share the same troubles and inconvenience a women has to bear, being the husband of a pregnant wife can be challenging, but not nearly as bad as the woman has got it. Being a guy, when you were asked if you wanted to do something with a friend...You said my wife is pregnant.....Aaaaahhh, the guy said, and then you were excused from doing it.

All guys have to go through with a pregnant wife is putting up with here hormone induced weird way of thinking, something the wife also knows is not right. But we learn to accept it, we were warned as kids how pregnant women get sometimes.

I hate that too!

Women go through tremendous pain, their bodies are never going to be the same, they chemically are not the same person and it is still even a risk of death 26 per 100000 in the US and rising I read. That does not include other injury. My Son was so big my wives' muscle tissues were torn through never to be the same. She was in labor for days and had a mini stroke.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Who's with me?!...

Meh

I was wondering if someone is accused of being racist against a black for instance if they say how could I be I identify as Black? Would they have to accept that?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join