It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisteria Lane & The Desperate Housewives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Outside of 'Buffy' and fafictions, I usually don't like the whole soap oprea thing. But I like "Desperate Housewives", even though the writers makes them look like everyone but the neighborhood slut is falling apart.(i.e. I don't like how it potrays women.). Have guys seen it? Do you like it, hate it, mixed, destroyed your TV and cancled cable(b/c that's cool too.)?

Post whenever.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
its ok ive watched it on and off i personally preffer sci-fi type shows lol like buffy point pleasan, angel so yeh its ok nothing special

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's not bad...the wife loves it (and I love looking at Eva)

Damn, she's hot!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
yup but i think terri hatcher beats her by miles

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Oh, I wouldn't kick Terri out of bed...but for Eva?

*gives Terri the boot*

All kinds of stuff going on now, eh? Here's a recap for fans...

I'm not too up on character names, but you'll know who I'm talking about...

Stepford Bitch and her S&M hubby deal with their son telling them he thinks he's gay. Stepford Bitch calls in the clergy to defag him. He tells the padre, look, I like oysters and snails, but I'm going to act like a perfect angel, and then right when superbitch leasts expect it, I'm going to do something so bad it'll just kill her.

Mr. Mysterious meets with an FBI guy in the park, who expalins that he's the one who got him from being a suspect in the murder on Wisteria Lane. He then meets the dirty cop in a parking garage to get the file on the gal found in the toy chest owned by psycho dad.

Psycho dad and son aren't in this episode.

Superhot Eva is ticked after being forced to sign the post-nup, so she of course goes off to play with lawnboy after Carlos says he's cutting off her credit. Lawnboy comes to the rescue by offering his credit card. After buying a pair of shoes, it triggers the "unusual card activity" flag and Eva can't even pay for lunch.... She sees a rich guy, then smiles, and gets free lunch. Now that Eva realizes she is indeed superhot, she then tells Carlos she don't need him...and to rip up the post nup, or her boots are made for walkin'. He concedes, and then gets back in bed.

Oh, and though much less interesting, Soccer Mom with the hellspawn boys, makes nice with the crabby old lady neighbor after seeing she gets to the hospital, spawning an unlikely friendship that is about as interesting as watching paint dry... Oh well, at least there's Suzy in a shirt and panties to make my day (i.e. former Lois Lane, Terri Hatcher).

Suzy's mom (played by Susan Sarandon stand in Leslie Ann Warren) decides to go megaslut and starts hitting on everyone from the ice cream man, to middle-aged boozehounds in local bars, and then bringing them home at 1am....which of course, isn't too cool with Suzy with a teenage daughter upstairs. She easily gets rid of the guest though, by threatening to reveal mom's real age.

Think that about covers it....

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I love that show! Love it!

I get drunk on it

...ok cutting out the stupid stuff

Gabrielle (Eva Longoria) is the best one....I am a huge fan of hers...and (don't any one take this the wrong way or I will be very angry
that means you cpr, cause I know what you will be thinking ) she is very pretty and awesome. My mom allways gets mad at me for thinking shes so cool cause she says I shouldnt look up to someone like that but...she is cool

Eva Longoria rocks...if I could have 2 starts as my parents...She would be my mom, Johny Depp be my daddy...and Terri Hatcher as my aunt

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'd want Eva, but not as my mom...

Anyhow, lowdown on last week...

Eva finds out she's preggers, and that her birth control's been tampered with. She lets all of this out during a going away to prison barbeque for Carlos...

Psycho soccer mom learns her hubby's ex has been working at the office for 3 months, and since he left her to marry soccer mom, she went into overdrive proving they are the perfect little family, which all saw through.

Creepy dad finds out Susan was behind the breakin while he was gone, and tells her to butt out. Susan also get's threatened by creepy son to quit saying bad things about him to her daughter, who kicks him to the curb and wants him gone.... While at the barbeque, her kitchen blows up, and a scene shows creepy son playing with a lighter. Mr. Handyman warns Susan to stay away from creepy dad.

Seems creepy son may have been kidnapped by creepy dad and the late Mary Ellis (whom we now know once had a different name, and worked with the new neighbor before she met creepy dad).

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Never seen but I'm pretty sure I liked it better when it was called Knots Landing.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Nah...nor Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Dallas, etc.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This week's wrapup....

We learned Susan's hired PI was in cahoots with creepy dad, and so just confirmed the creep's BS story...so she then had the PI look into Mr. Fixit, and pretty much learned a lot (as we all did), that the woman killed was the real dealer, and that he shot the cop in self defense. After learning this, she goes rushing into his arms.

Creepy dad tranks the creepy kid, to prep for moving out of dodge. Not sure who's sister, but the new neighbor gal, the one talking to the creepy kid, she goes over, finds him tranked out, and takes him to her house. She confronts dad, and says she wants him to just go, she'll look after the boy now. As he has no choice, he does so. She had a knife ready the whole time (I would have had a gun, but that's just me).

Mom with psycho kids gets more insecure...and decides to dress like a french maid to spice things up. Hubby worked late though, so she fell asleep on the couch. Hubby comes home with an out of town client, asks if he doesn't mind the couch. Takes one look at the passed out french maid and says, "couch will be just fine"

Eva tells lawnboy she's preggers, and he flips out...threatens to tell Carlos, but Eva eventually convinces him that'd be bad for the baby as being poor sucks.

I may be the only one reading this, but eh....

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Will have to wait till I see the show tonight for a recap (if any care, :lol
as I was watching Survivor, taped DH....

top topics

join