It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do your Shoes say about you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A pair of $20 running shoes I purchased about 15 years ago .
To me , they are just broke in

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: JAGStorm

I would normally call them 'kicks' or 'gutties' but thought that would be lost in translation.

Sincerely,

A Scotsman

HEY HEY HEY, we actually call them Kicks too!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's weird when people call sneakers trainers..

I've never really thought about the word 'sneakers' before. I don't think I've ever used the word, but I've heard it plenty of times....

Anyways, 'Sneakers', I wonder if that's what they were initially designed for. Sneaking around quietly, instead of wearing hard dress shoes that were kinda loud when walking on a hardwood floor.

Maybe sneakers were originally invented to give murderers, rapists, and thieves a bit of an advantage.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'd probably use 'kicks' for like outdoor sports shoes with studs, i think you call them cleats over there? Gutties would be more for indoor sports or running shoes.

Have to say i love American dialect, i think spiritually i should have been born in Texas, i'd wear cowboy boots at every opportunity. Although some of the accents in your northern states are horrible, I couldn't watch Fargo simply because i couldn't take them seriously.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Must smell like defunct hell.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I usually am in flip flops. I will admit I kinda like Reefs, rather than the ones from Walmart. But I am 66 and retired, so I don't get dressed up too much.

Visited by them: 44? Whatever it is, looks sweet.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

originally posted by: Gothmog

Must smell like defunct hell.

Nope.
They get cleaned after every time I wear them .
Well , I don't wear shoes around the house , and the times I leave are VERY few and far between.
Maybe 3 times a month , or so .

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm either in very comfortable sandals, or fuzzy slippers.
Of course being Canadian somewhere in there I need to wear runners or winter boots...but I can't stand either. I never wear heals. I can't stand my toes feeling squished . Since childhood I have been a pure nelipot and the more free my feet feel, the more comfortable I am.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Visited by them: Just looked at your pic blown up. 500 is a hand full. Nice boots also.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Very few things more liberating than walking bare foot on soft grass. Something about that feeling is primal.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If my shoes could talk, they'd say. . .

"AAAAIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Have to say i love American dialect, i think spiritually i should have been born in Texas, i'd wear cowboy boots at every opportunity. Although some of the accents in your northern states are horrible, I couldn't watch Fargo simply because i couldn't take them seriously.

Yup I live in a Northern state and I too can't stand it.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You think that's bad try talking to Alexa with a Scottish Accent.

Up and down the country smashed against walls within first hour of using them:

edit on 29/10/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If I were a girl, I'd get a pair of gold boots, so I could search for the answers that torment my generation.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hmmm. I wear nothing but New Balance shoes because they are comfortable. So it says I am probably in my teens and I probably enjoy fitting in with the young crowd and being “cool”. Ummmm....no that is not why I wear them, I am not interested in fitting in with the young crowd....It does not fit me at all. I liked fitting in with the young crowd when I was forty years younger, now I would rather fit in with the older people who seem to wear new balance a lot because they are comfortable. Now the other shoes in the list with the New Balance, they are not by any means comfortable. Plus they do not have fourteen and a half 4E sizes in those other shoes.

I think that person has something wrong with their thinking when it comes to shoes, sure, maybe there are a few people who wear New Balance because they are "Cool"....who uses the word cool anymore, sounds like the author is as old as I am.

Maybe it fits some people's social profiles, but not mine or the majority of the old people I know, I assumed New Balance was not popular with the kids because senior citizens where them so often.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: AccessDenied

Very few things more liberating than walking bare foot on soft grass. Something about that feeling is primal.

That and beach sand.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have my steeltoe work boots.

My gym/running shoes

Basketball shoes

Hiking Shoes

Stylish leather boots

Teva sandals

and lots more sandals.

edit on 29-10-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Teva sandals

I have a pair and they are comfy but just don't do it for me.
I don't care what others think, but I guess I like something a little more sassy.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, my every day shoes are a pair of wet/dry outdoors sandals (Teva) And my winter boots are a pair of Keen steel toes that my husband's company bought him a few years ago that he ended up not liking.

I guess it says I prefer substance over looks? Neither pair is a looker, but I'd rather have an ugly workhorse than a pretty foot-killer.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

From the article, Slip-Ons are me; Teva sandals in the summer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join