It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Likely Dark Scenario

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There are so many things going on in the world right now it’s hard to see things with clarity.

I was thinking of the storms last year in Texas. I think about utilities in general and how Americans are especially spoiled. We assume we will have access to electricity, and utilities 24/7 without fail. I’ve noticed that it isn’t just Texas. Even in my small town, we’re having issues.
I live in a cold climate and that worries me. Yes we can find alternate ways to heat and cool the house like people did in the old days.

It’s something else.

If they keep pushing crypto, electronic money, what happens when the electricity goes out, or internet, or both? This is a very real scenario.
I don’t know if this is really some kind of very evil plan that is taking place, or just the nature of progress, but I see some ugly bumps ahead.

Young people do not value gold/jewels/silver in ways that older generations have. They value……..electronics…
The only other thing that I can see some younger people putting a value on is ….. drugs.

So here are items I think will have trading value, guns, drugs, alcohol, illicit services, medications, access to clean water.
What am I missing? Think if the lights went out, not even permanently, but let’s say for an extended period of time. What could you see as a high value items?

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You bring up a lot of good points. I have a small cabin with a generator, so as long as I can get propane I'm good for a few days to weeks...longer is only ran a few hours a day.

It's definitely scary the way everything keeps getting pushed towards electronic, from money to electric vehicles, etc. A long term outage (weeks), even if localized to a state or region would be complete chaos.

A high value item can be the ability to fix things. I'm handy from a construction point of view, but if my generator failed, I'd need a mechanic to fix it. Fuel, spare parts and ammunition will definitely come in handy.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Organized crime seems to be a common scenario.
Power in numbers. I’ve read about it in Chile and Venezuela.
I think it is already starting to happen here.

I think people are appeased with all the social credits right now, but when that runs dry and as people are fired from Covid vax non-compliance, I think we are going to see more and more crime.

Petty theft is booming in my area, which was unheard of just a few years ago.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A boat complete with paddles and fishing nets or fishnet stockings!

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
If they keep pushing crypto, electronic money, what happens when the electricity goes out, or internet, or both? This is a very real scenario.

Same thing that will happen to USD paper cash.

Although I guess you can wipe your bum with paper cash.

If the grid goes down for an extended period of time, MOST of the US population will die in short order.
At this point more than 50% of the population live in cities- they can't even get water. Food comes in by trucks.
If the grid stops, the power stops- the water stops, the food stops... if the whole country is down, support isn't coming- the cities will burn to the ground within weeks.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I think people on the most prescription medications would be the first to go.

Totally agree, cities will burn, and those suburbs just outside of the city will be the first to be looted and raided.

I’m lucky to live in an area just outside of suburbia and a little difficult to get to.

I think water will be an issue for certain places. Where I live water is abundant, it would be easy to find water but it might not be clean, you’d have to boil or filter it. Heat would be a problem, a big problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That is when your guns come in handy.. when all the people from the cities start to flee to the homes that have what they need. a reply to: lordcomac

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
you sound like my husband lol.. He talks about this all the time. He wants to start a farm in our back yard to grow food and he keeps buying guns and ammo.And he seems to be spending our entire life savings on crypto! But i would say life necessaties. Food,seeds for growing plants,maybe cows, chickens, water, guns and some power source or fuel. I would also say gold and silver being worthless when the sh*t hits the fan. And build a fort around your house so the people that are not prepared do not come and steal your stuff

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What am I missing? Think if the lights went out, not even permanently, but let’s say for an extended period of time. What could you see as a high value items?

Coffins. Like in those old Eastwood Italian westerns where the town is next to dead. The only job in town is the undertaker.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
One of the easiest ways to exert control and coercion in the modern era is through energy control.

This is a big component of all this "green" stuff, which has little to nothing to do with the actual environment or environmentalism outside of marketing. They just weaponize those ideals in the public to get them to buy in to the means of their own subjugation.

So, get yer self-sufficient systems going now
Energy, manufacturing, food production, and information. For the first pillar, and this thread, that will include solar/wind/hydro/etc. The strength of such systems were never in being "green," since they arent really, but in autonomy and self-sufficiency.

Its a better approach even without the push for collectivization imo. With it, its a pretty obvious choice given how this all has gone in the past (like the Holodomor). Many who prepare for such scenarios will do so through more traditional means, which wont work out like they might think..

Its not so much about the "survival" of a single household, rather, the actual construction of a different (and superior) paradigm. A paradigm that not only prepares for the technology that will be coming in the next few generations, but also one that surpasses the capability of a collectivized system of control in very short order.

ETA: To be clear, it is very unlikely that we are looking at something like a total collapse. Its a controlled collapse to build a dystopia that will be marketed as a utopia replete with cult-like zealotry. It will be a situation where the DoublePlusGood boys and girls (and everything in between) will be granted access to modern infrastructure like medical care and power. So, you might not have power, but your neighbor might. And, people will be incentivized to report anything that isnt under Central Control.

glhf

edit on 27-10-2021 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

And build a fort around your house so the people that are not prepared do not come and steal your stuff

I think this is the biggest flaw for most people if chaos breaks out (even short term)
Having all your eggs in one basket.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
DAMN! I've got to find that film I've been on about, a docu-drama about a husband and wife with a small boy. I think they start off in LA. SHTF and the film is what they have to do to survive and it's interspersed with survival experts from the army, navy and other agencies, talking about the scenarios and techniques you need to survive.
The very first thing they say is, in a SHTF scenario, you have got to kill. Sooner they die than you. And at the end they say the only way to survive (apart from fleeing the city) is to find and join a small community as being on your own is a 100% certainty you'll die.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
if the s hits the fan in winter
the first to go will be city dwellers in the North
they'll freeze. nobody has the resources to evacuate / take care of millions of people at a moments notice.

starvation will be next.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: HODOSKE

And build a fort around your house so the people that are not prepared do not come and steal your stuff

I think this is the biggest flaw for most people if chaos breaks out (even short term)
Having all your eggs in one basket.

People in the swamps are going to be fine for a reason -- big-ass mote full of 'gators!

So the takeaway from the mention is dig a mote, add alligators, and wait for the show to start.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I listen to a ton of post apocalyptic fiction audio books. One of the best written is One Second After. The story centers around a college professor in Black Mountain, NC and his struggles after the an EMP takes out power across most of the country. The story is good as it explores the slow (but somewhat fast) collapse of society... illustrates how people go from being happy to just have an excuse to getting off work early to working together to starting to fight each other as resources dwindle and they realize the power won't be coming back on. It also focuses a lot of things and skills that have value in that type of situation.... bankers find themselves worthless while a carpenter or engineer becomes extremely valuable.

The book really illustrates well how desperation for survival causes society to collapse. Shows how this small town has to keep out people and criminal gangs that will form because of the opportunity.

The book does bring up how the elderly and those who need medicine will be the first to go since there won't be any transportation.

Some posit 90% of society would die within a year.

Prepping for a disaster makes sense. I have fantasies about having a place far enough away from the beaten path that is off-grid and fairly self sustainable. The reality though is that in a SHTF scenario, most simply won't be able to make it on their own.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Guns. Very valuable to crooks and to those who wish to keep their valuables.

Just like today.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You’re probably not wrong Jag, God knows I fight the urge to “prep” with the worst outcome in mind, lol, yup might have a few extra pks of TP
, but overall think more in terms of short term ( 2 mns. ) worth of supplies, but do plant things for the future. If we’re heading for a dystopian society, lol, I’m not going to make it !

If there’s such a thing as a collective manifestation of Reality, I’m going to keep trying my best to help put my energy in that direction, lol, exploiting our vices to survive, IDK, feels wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Things valuable after the SHTF? The 3 Bs.... Booze, Bullets, and B!tches...

Seriously. Guns and bullets. Water and Food. Shelter.

Being as far away from a highly populated area is a must. City folks will leave urban areas like a locust horde.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
That's the scenario behind the TV series "Revolution".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join