It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canine CoronaVirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
seems to be a 'pandemic' of a respiratory illness dogs are getting like crazy here this year in nova scotia, guess we'll have to take their word on what it is exactly(whats causing it), MORE VACCINES PEOPLE!
edit on 8-10-2021 by mczinger because: (no reason given)

www.google.com...

Sorry new to posting, love this site Loong time

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Fri Oct 8 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Got a link to back that up ? I'm in Nova Scotia and have heard nothing.
If it's kennel cough, well there are preventable measures for that.
And I can be in favour of vaccines for my pet without contracting how I feel about Covid 19 vaccination.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Seeing an uptick in Michigan .....

Respiratory disease among dogs spreading in Genesee County, veterinarian says - Sep. 29, 2021

.....The infection is not COVID-19, but another respiratory illness only seen in dogs called canine infectious respiratory disease.

The illness is caused by mycoplasma bacteria, which cannot be vaccinated against, Pierson Pet Hospital Veterinarian Angela Lusty told MLive-The Flint Journal. It causes dogs to become ill and cough, but is generally not considered deadly....

This is a disease that has been around for years, Lusty said. It is often mischaracterized as “kennel cough” and now “COVID-19 for dogs,” which it is not. If the pets are treated by a veterinarian and given the proper medication, the symptoms can go away in a couple days.

edit on 1082021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Seeing an uptick in Michigan .....

Respiratory disease among dogs spreading in Genesee County, veterinarian says - Sep. 29, 2021

.....The infection is not COVID-19, but another respiratory illness only seen in dogs called canine infectious respiratory disease.

The illness is caused by mycoplasma bacteria, which cannot be vaccinated against, Pierson Pet Hospital Veterinarian Angela Lusty told MLive-The Flint Journal. It causes dogs to become ill and cough, but is generally not considered deadly....

Thanks for that. Dog parks, and groomers are not an issue for me.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
And I can be in favour of vaccines for my pet without contracting how I feel about Covid 19 vaccination.

Well, you might want to rethink the science on that. If you were to catch some ecoli, would you rather catch it off a countertop someone forgot to wipe down after preparing raw food, or would you rather catch it from a petri dish where it is consuming anti-biotics?

I dont want to catch COVID from people who are vaxxed for the same reason I would rather avoid the anti-biotic resistant E.coli in the petri dish. That goes for cross species spreading as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My dog isn't getting the vax either....

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Well, you might want to rethink the science on that. If you were to catch some ecoli, would you rather catch it off a countertop someone forgot to wipe down after preparing raw food, or would you rather catch it from a petri dish where it is consuming anti-biotics?

I dont want to catch COVID from people who are vaxxed for the same reason I would rather avoid the anti-biotic resistant E.coli in the petri dish. That goes for cross species spreading as well.

There is different science behind every health issue, and I cannot make a blanket statement either for or against everything. I'm sure I've had more than one mild case of ecoli over my lifetime. But as for the topic at hand, my dog is vaccinated for things that are a threat to her where I live...because she doesn't have the wherewithal not to sniff, eat, or drink something off the ground. I'm not afraid of her catching something more common to where multiple dogs congregate.
The choices I make for her health, are in my opinion the best for her, such as refusing some vaccines that may cause her breed side effects, but including others to prevent illness. I do the same for myself.
As for Covid, I had it, survived, and don't truly care what side of the debate others are on. Freedom of choice.

join