It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man sentenced to 15 months in jail for COVID hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Seems someone in Texas and the U.S. attorney are taking hoaxes seriously.

The big picture: Christopher Charles Perez made false claims in an April 5, 2020, Facebook post about a grocery store in San Antonio, federal prosecutors say.

"My homeboys cousin has covid19 and has licked everything for past two days cause we paid him too," Perez wrote. "YOU’VE BEEN WARNED."

Though the post was taken down after 16 minutes, someone anonymously submitted a screenshot of Perez's words to a network of law enforcement agencies called the Southwest Texas Fusion Center.

Of note: Perez later told the FBI that he had been trying to frighten people into avoiding public places "to stop them from spreading the virus," according to a federal affidavit. [Source]

Not exactly a stellar defense there. Guess we'd all better be careful with our "joking" around.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

And you can steal 999.00 dollars worth of stuff and get no jail time.

Clown World.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So this means that all the MSM falsehoods are not above recourse as well? Send them all to jail.over their plandemic.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And you can steal 999.00 dollars worth of stuff and get no jail time.

Clown World.

Good to know in case we are fired for believing in self autonomy & can no longer afford groceries!
edit on 6-10-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: Wait, hopefully that doesn’t only apply to California. Can’t make me go to where the air is helium! *sigh* I used to love Cali

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
COVID-19 Fraud Enforcement Task Force
FACT SHEET

Other cases have included offers to purchase or use of counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination cards. This one is the one that will probably see a lot of activity with all the vaccine mandates being set.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

That is a ton of stupidity going there. Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes.

I hope he didn’t have hepatitis A and other things…. Freaking weirdo.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Inmate “so what you in for?”

Perez “oh you know, was just bull shi#ing around Facebook joking about paying people to lick meat packages”

Inmate “lol come here #”

Fight ensues and Perez gets the hole and multiple assault charges and convicted to an additional 4 years.

Tax payers get bent over… again

Sad too the grocery store could’ve posted saying that never happened and squashed it that way too.
edit on 6-10-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoundisVibration
So this means that all the MSM falsehoods are not above recourse as well? Send them all to jail.over their plandemic.

I was thinking the same. Maybe someday . Though , the guy admitted his cousin licked items in the store

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Inmate “so what you in for?”

Perez “oh you know, was just bull shi#ing around Facebook joking about paying people to lick meat packages”

Inmate “lol come here #”

Fight ensues and Perez gets the hole and multiple assault charges and convicted to an additional 4 years.

Tax payers get bent over… again

Sad too the grocery store could’ve posted saying that never happened and squashed it that way too.

Thanks man , I just choked on my coffee reading that

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I'm glad someone got what I was putting down.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
COVID-19 Fraud Enforcement Task Force
FACT SHEET

Other cases have included offers to purchase or use of counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination cards. This one is the one that will probably see a lot of activity with all the vaccine mandates being set.

And hopefully a lot of people will go to jail for fraud.

As for the person in the op I'm glad he got jail time. It isn't something to be joking about along with all the damage he could have and did cause.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think the part where this person is a paranoid pro vaxer really adds to the irony. He was trying to scare people into not going out and spreading covid. Because he knows best.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Maybe the criminals responsible for designing and releasing (whether through negligence or malice, same result) COVID-19 will face the law one day.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
While this disgusting type of behavior certainly warrants legal recourse, what of the 15,000-18,000 elderly killed by Cuomo and Company?

I'd agree with DB that it's a clown world, but that takes away the gravity of the genocide.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Good, we don't need BS hoaxs.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Fake Covid ID cards are pretty easy to get. Should use them for voting next time.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Perez later told the FBI that he had been trying to frighten people into avoiding public places "to stop them from spreading the virus," according to a federal affidavit.

The FBI, not the Police, not the Sherriff, the FBI. Why is the FBI on the case and not the regular Police.

This is the Idiocracy Movie playing out in Real Life.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

Perez later told the FBI that he had been trying to frighten people into avoiding public places "to stop them from spreading the virus," according to a federal affidavit.

The FBI, not the Police, not the Sherriff, the FBI. Why is the FBI on the case and not the regular Police.

This is the Idiocracy Movie playing out in Real Life.

Maybe because the Covid-19 Fraud Enforcement Taskforce is federal? Our company worked with the FBI in learning how to tell the real vaccine cards from the fake.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I have only read what is posted in the OP about this, but since their evidence was a screenshot then I am assuming that he probably screwed himself by admitting to posting said comment. Otherwise, how could they have ever proven it was him?

Even though it was on Facebook.... deny deny deny...
"Yes officer, it's my account, but I have no idea who got on my account and wrote/posted that awful disgusting comment. They should be ashamed of themselves."

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Does this now mean the FBI will crackdown on Dr. Fauci for spreading false information? 🙃

top topics

<<   2 >>

join