It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable hyperbole from the pro-vaxxers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: bastion
CNN got something right for once, an Osteopth ian't a Dr. It's a pseudo-science.

BINGO!!!

It's F'ing VOO-DOO!!!

DO's SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

They suck so bad I could actually get MAD about the subject!!

PURE VOO-DOO!!!!

Oh calm down. It is not voo-doo and I say that as someone who has practiced some voo-doo and hoo-doo but that's for another thread.

I have actually followed Dr. Mercola and his gf Elizabeth on social media for YEARS. She is local to where I live and they are nothing like you claim. No voo-doo just a healthy life style! I actually use some of his products and they have made me feel better, where the pharma meds my regular doctor tried to give me made me feel like utter crap and unable to function or feel.

Your hatred seems to come from your own experience but that is one experience. Sorry you had a bad one but I have had more bad experiences with MD's than any pseudo science doc.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I know a great DO you should see. He can really help you with your DO anxiety. It’s all in the lower ankle area.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I really can't take anyone seriously if they do it.

In that case I presume you don't take any of the big Pharma companies seriously either?

But wait... you took their jabs, so I guess you do... unless you just did that on a larp?

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I take him more seriously than Fauci, the on again, off again doomsayer. The "disinformation" against the vaccine is no less credible than the information purporting the benefits the vaccine provides. In fact, the Pfizer vaccine is useless after just six months. Almost no protection from Covid with a huge amount of risk.

If you get Covid you could die but if you get the vaccine, you could get Covid and you could die. That about sums up the risk.

I will just take the Covid without the side order of blood clots or enlarge heart or Covid on steroids.

Even if you have had Covid and you have a natural immunity, they still demand you get the vaccine. The reasons for taking the vaccine are not even based on science anymore. Or were they ever?

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   

in reply to: ColeYounger
"He has made quite a living selling nutritional supplements. That's not a crime, is it?"

No, but I really can't take anyone seriously if they do it.

Oh - and you do know almost every single M.D. out there sells all kinds of things don't you?

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   

All due respect, Cole, but I absolutley LOATHE D.O.'s!! They wouldn't even be a thing if it wasn't for HMO's back in the day. They suck major ASS!!

If you go in to a D.O. with chest pains, they will start looking at your foot, and then tell you how you need to work on your feet more. Complete QUACKS in my opinion. My uncle died because of one of these Witch-Doctors!

I have absolutely NO USE for a D.O., and a D.O. will NEVER be my PCP! EVER!

Ummm... you do know there are a crap-ton of MDs out there that are quacks as well, right?

Maybe you/your uncle went to a bad one - and there are a lot of bad ones out there, just like there are a crap-ton of bad mechanics out there, but that doesn't mean all mechanics are bad.

Link:
"A doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.) is a fully trained and licensed doctor who has attended and graduated from a U.S. osteopathic medical school. A doctor of medicine (M.D.) has attended and graduated from a conventional medical school."

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
CNN got something right for once, an Osteopth ian't a Dr. It's a pseudo-science.

BS.
"A doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.) is a fully trained and licensed doctor who has attended and graduated from a U.S. osteopathic medical school. A doctor of medicine (M.D.) has attended and graduated from a conventional medical school.

The major difference between osteopathic and allopathic doctors is that some osteopathic doctors provide manual medicine therapies, such as spinal manipulation or massage therapy, as part of their treatment.

After medical school, both M.D.s and D.O.s must complete residency training in their chosen specialties. They must also pass the same licensing examination before they can treat people and prescribe medications."

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Wups, sorry, you beat me to it.

I get so sick and tired of people demonizing something of which they know nothing.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: ColeYounger

Quackwatch Mercola

Quackwatch? QUACKWATCH!?!?

Rotflmao!

Quackwatch is run by one of the biggest quacks to have ever lived...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Quackwatch Mercola

Rotflmao!

I could point out all the controversial and untrue things Mercola has marketed.

You don't need Quackwatch if you do a little investigation deep-dive.

- Mercola said that cancer is fungal, because "cancer is always white" and that cancer can be treated by injecting tumors with baking soda. Except cancer isn't always white and it usually isn't fungal, and injecting baking soda can kill people through alkalosis.
- Mercola says that the element Mercury (used in old dental fillings) has "no safe level of Mercury exposure" and yet several of his supplements contain Mercury, Lead, Aluminum, and Arsenic.
- Mercola is against Iodine in salt. But happily sells his Himalayan Salt, which contains Iodine.
- He has had product recalls, has been cited by the FDA several times for false and deceptive advertising.
- He has advised people who are unwell from seeing a regular GP.
- He is an anti-vaxxer and repeats a lot of debunked anti-vax rhetoric.
- He makes millions of dollars off dubious products, exactly what he accuses statutory regulatory authorities of doing.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I hate to say it FCD, but in my line of work, we produce guides for cancer patients from some pretty top-notch cancer centers, and part of that is the creds for the docs that work there. They are an even mix of MDs and DOs at some good cancer centers. across radiation, medical, and surgical oncology.
edit on 9-10-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
He has made quite a living selling nutritional supplements. That's not a crime, is it?

Ridiculous! My Son is a Chiropractor and he sells supplements, BECAUSE they help People! It is hard to find pure unadulterated supplements now. he doesn't over charged it is a service to patients who need to strengthen their immune and skeletal systems.

I have no idea why anyone would find the sell of quality health care products a bad thing!

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

All due respect, Cole, but I absolutley LOATHE D.O.'s!! They wouldn't even be a thing if it wasn't for HMO's back in the day. They suck major ASS!!

If you go in to a D.O. with chest pains, they will start looking at your foot, and then tell you how you need to work on your feet more. Complete QUACKS in my opinion. My uncle died because of one of these Witch-Doctors!

I have absolutely NO USE for a D.O., and a D.O. will NEVER be my PCP! EVER!

Sorry!

P.S. - D.O.'s lend NO, absolutely ZERO, credibility to this whole discussion!!!!!!!!

First off you lump them all together, why do People lump all of anything in one pot!
Many have full M.D medical degrees but found other types of medicine actually does less harm.

Many of us with Lyme have our own Drs turn us away and we have been able to find help with some of these practitioners who look to really cure not medicate for life to cover symptoms. After I was diagnosed with late Lyme my Dr said "no need to make another appointment" in other words bye-bye!

edit on 9-10-2021 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Quackwatch Mercola

So he's a quack, eh? I just looked up a couple of his supplements on Amazon. This Vitamin D has almost 600 5-star ratings, with hundreds of people raving about how good it is.
And here's a supplement for digestive health, with over 1300 reviews, 75% of which are 5-star. The list goes on.

Astroturfing From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honestly, this is an Internet business. It's comparatively cheap to spin up another self-congratulatory promotional website or syndicated page.

Ditto for online testimonials.

Don't you think it is a bit weird that more people gush profusely about some dietary supplement or other, than they do about some movie, or TV show, or some fun tech toy?

Do you think people should have the right to choose? Why is it anyone's business how or who someone else choses to be their Dr or what supplements they buy?

Right now they are preparing to regulate vitamins and supplements so maybe you will get your wish and need a prescription for Vit D.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

in reply to: ColeYounger
"He has made quite a living selling nutritional supplements. That's not a crime, is it?"

Oh - and you do know almost every single M.D. out there sells all kinds of things don't you?

Watched a video where the Dr explained how drug companies bribe them to sell their drug and many get prescribed the drugs that will be addictive or make them worse because of the training by the drug companies of young people beginning in med school and continuing into their practices.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Quackwatch Mercola

Rotflmao!

- Mercola said that cancer is fungal, because "cancer is always white" and that cancer can be treated by injecting tumors with baking soda. Except cancer isn't always white and it usually isn't fungal, and injecting baking soda can kill people through alkalosis.
- Mercola says that the element Mercury (used in old dental fillings) has "no safe level of Mercury exposure" and yet several of his supplements contain Mercury, Lead, Aluminum, and Arsenic.
- Mercola is against Iodine in salt. But happily sells his Himalayan Salt, which contains Iodine.
- He has had product recalls, has been cited by the FDA several times for false and deceptive advertising.
- He makes millions of dollars off dubious products, exactly what he accuses statutory regulatory authorities of doing.

Do you think People should have a choice? I don't think you do!
Have mainstream drug companies had any drugs recalled?

He is an anti-vaxxer

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My uncle died because of one of these Witch-Doctors!

I assume your Uncle was an adults and made his own decisions.
I would bet you don't know the outcome if he had a different Dr. but at least he had something we may not soon, choice! Freedom to choose for himself!

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Quackwatch Mercola

So he's a quack, eh? I just looked up a couple of his supplements on Amazon. This Vitamin D has almost 600 5-star ratings, with hundreds of people raving about how good it is.
And here's a supplement for digestive health, with over 1300 reviews, 75% of which are 5-star. The list goes on.

Honestly, this is an Internet business. It's comparatively cheap to spin up another self-congratulatory promotional website or syndicated page.

Don't you think it is a bit weird that more people gush profusely about some dietary supplement or other, than they do about some movie, or TV show, or some fun tech toy?

Do you think people should have the right to choose? Why is it anyone's business how or who someone else choses to be their Dr or what supplements they buy?

Right now they are preparing to regulate vitamins and supplements so maybe you will get your wish and need a prescription for Vit D.

Surprisingly, although I can buy vitamin D over the counter, my doctor recently prescribed vitamin D for me.

Funny thing is, with the way Pharmac here in NZ regulate medicines, I can get the prescribed vitamin D fully subsidized - it costs me nothing, but I'd be paying up to $30 for a similar amount of the un-prescribed ones. LOL.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Quackwatch Mercola

Surprisingly, although I can buy vitamin D over the counter, my doctor recently prescribed vitamin D for me.

Funny thing is, with the way Pharmac here in NZ regulate medicines, I can get the prescribed vitamin D fully subsidized - it costs me nothing, but I'd be paying up to $30 for a similar amount of the un-prescribed ones. LOL.

How special!

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Quackwatch Mercola

Rotflmao!

Do you think People should have a choice? I don't think you do!

So are you suggesting that if there was no Mercola, that choice, in regard to things medical, would go away? Think about the one-sided nonsense of your argument.

Have mainstream drug companies had any drugs recalled?

Yes. Sometimes voluntarily, but most times not. That's why we have 'food and safety' authorities.

Do you think that there should be no protection from from scams and false advertising, especially in regards to health?

He is an anti-vaxxer

You should study the history of disease and how vaccination has been a major preventative with centuries of practical proof of efficacy.

edit on 9/10/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join