It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan faces the truth about Japans populatoin crises

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Tonights news . Japanese govt. finally admits child birth needs to maintain 700000 new births a year.

Currently Japan pays the parents money per child. I won't say how much since cities may have other incentives.

Well l don't know how this problem is going to be solved. Japan DOES NOT pay for childbirth. That sucks. Cost about 3500 bucks for problem free birth .

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
How much for a troublesome birth?

I’ll see myself out.

a reply to: musicismagic

edit on 18-9-2021 by Dalamax because: Damn grammer

On topic and quick second take, how do you see the people of Japan reacting to this revelation?

I don’t mean to come across sarcastic, I am genuinely interested in your evaluation of the Japanese mentality and the most likely direction of the typical citizens thought process.
edit on 18-9-2021 by Dalamax because: A heavy burden in the land of the rising sun.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

This is a problem that is facing a lot more countries than just Japan, Western Europe for example has a comparable birthrate too. Depopulation is happening naturally in the Western world and is not neccessarily a bad thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
How much for a troublesome birth?

I’ll see myself out.

On topic and quick second take, how do you see the people of Japan reacting to this revelation?

I don’t mean to come across sarcastic, I am genuinely interested in your evaluation of the Japanese mentality and the most likely direction of the typical citizens thought process.

Since my wife is in the education field she probably answer it this. Hold on, l ll ask her right now.

1. The furthure one is away from big cities, the higher the birthrate.
2. Lower income people have more children .
3. Fishing villages seem to have a steady birthrate these days. The young return from big city life and help with family fishing business. Usually marry hometown girl.
4. Wife.s students currently have 2 other siblings. We live in university town, fishing town and some industry. A pretty balance of childbirth here. No real increase of population in 10 years. Births make up the deaths

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thank you.

So logically the next question is, would you two consider this an attempt by the nation to increase the population or just the results of a study of the regular ebb and flow of population replenishment?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
So a symptom of western societies priorities?

Or the effects of the niggling grind of modern life on our decreasing fertility?

a reply to: NHow1982

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I'm going with the first option. Increased health and lower child mortality coupled with the fact that two-income households became the norm enhanced even more by the west's want for Leisure and Freedom.

People actively choose not to have kids because it will infringe on them personally. People only need one or two kids because they are pretty much guaranteed to survive. And people prefer carreers and personal expansion over starting a family.

So a little bit of nature and a whole lot of selfishnesh/egotism

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NHow1982

I'm going with the first option. Increased health and lower child mortality coupled with the fact that two-income households became the norm enhanced even more by the west's want for Leisure and Freedom.

People actively choose not to have kids because it will infringe on them personally. People only need one or two kids because they are pretty much guaranteed to survive. And people prefer carreers and personal expansion over starting a family.

So a little bit of nature and a whole lot of selfishnesh/egotism

l have to agree with you. But what l posted is what Japanese culture is leading up too.

One thing the govt is trying to do is
bring industry to the countryside.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Thank you.

So logically the next question is, would you two consider this an attempt by the nation to increase the population or just the results of a study of the regular ebb and flow of population replenishment?

The thing of 700000 births would balance the foreseeable future of deaths. will it increase population growth, l don't think no one knows. China went.back to three children now. Their one child failed. Young there in cities like the fast life and money. A good example of that would be the chinese tourist to okinawa before covid.
edit on 0900000026522021-09-18T06:52:26-05:00522609am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I agree with you also.

So are they setting a national target for increase or do you think they are encouraging a particular demographic? or just putting the figures out there as a nice to know?

ETA gotcha. I used to see a lot of Chinese tourists through work back when tourism was a thing. All they seemed to want is a feed of prawns and a nap

The Chinese policy change will definitely bear fruit I think. Interesting times with quite confronting potential consequences.

a reply to musicismagic
edit on 18-9-2021 by Dalamax because: Editing

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

But industrialisation leads to a decrease in child-birth as we have seen all over the western world for the last century. Japan is not isolated in this. Western Europe actually has to take in immigrants to keep the population up, that's why we just imported a few hundred thousand afghans. Europe looked at the same problems Japan is facing and decided that mass importation of people into the area is the solution they want to go with.

If you want to get the population up and raise the birth-rate you're going to have to subsidize childbirth, childcare, education and childsupport. Europe tried, didn't lead to increased birthrate but did lead to higher wealth and health actually enlarging the problem because people live longer.

I agree with you also.

So are they setting a national target for increase or do you think they are encouraging a particular demographic? or just putting the figures out there as a nice to know?

What the Japanese government is saying here is that they need at least this many children to be born to be able to cover the costs of the upcoming Life expectancy rate in Japan. These kids that need to be born are going to be needed to pay for the pensions of an againg population.
edit on 18-9-2021 by NHow1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

But industrialisation leads to a decrease in child-birth as we have seen all over the western world for the last century. Japan is not isolated in this. Western Europe actually has to take in immigrants to keep the population up, that's why we just imported a few hundred thousand afghans. Europe looked at the same problems Japan is facing and decided that mass importation of people into the area is the solution they want to go with.

If you want to get the population up and raise the birth-rate you're going to have to subsidize childbirth, childcare, education and childsupport. Europe tried, didn't lead to increased birthrate but did lead to higher wealth and health actually enlarging the problem because people live longer.

I agree with you also.

What the Japanese government is saying here is that they need at least this many children to be born to be able to cover the costs of the upcoming Life expectancy rate in Japan. These kids that need to be born are going to be needed to pay for the pensions of an againg population.

In the 50s in my area in the states, it was common for families to have five or more kids. I have four siblings. Johnn Deere was and is still strong in the area. l dont know about population growth now in Davenport, lowa these days.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There have been several polls over recent years about relationships in Japan.

A high percentage, especially males, polled as having a preference for having relationships with virtual reality partners rather than real people. There are many reasons for this.

Maybe this is one of the reasons for low birth rates, careers and money, along with freedom being others.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I saw and edited to reflect the new dialogue.

It’s my observation that the western way of nation building comes from a different place then the Asian nations.

A little help with some insight please MIM?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Population growth in Davenport has been pretty much 0% for the last decade

worldpopulationreview.com...

4 kids is a huge exception these days. 1 or 2 is the new norm and more people are choosing not to have kids at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I’m wondering if the VR is just a fad and when the nation calls for renewal the youth will heed the call of duty.

Or if the aberrant behaviour is a national neurosis.

a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

edit on 18-9-2021 by Dalamax because: Finish the question Dal!

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

As well as pensions, the main concern is healthcare costs for the elderly.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Then Japan is going to have to set-up relationships between it's subjects, too.

The problem in Japan seems to be the Isolation of people in the masses leading to stunted social interactions. Boys are affraid to talk to girls, men are affraid and too shy to talk to women. Japan needs a total re-education on their social interactions.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I saw and edited to reflect the new dialogue.

It’s my observation that the western way of nation building comes from a different place then the Asian nations.

A little help with some insight please MIM?

Japans hope that bringing industry to the countryside would help in increasing the birth rate. There was even moving the govt tokyo out of tokyo a while back, no current info on that.
Since l live about five minutes from the farmlands, l see the eldly in the fields. one high school is geared to train students in farming, but it is being soft tone down now due to fewer students.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Then Japan is going to have to set-up relationships between it's subjects, too.

The problem in Japan seems to be the Isolation of people in the masses leading to stunted social interactions. Boys are affraid to talk to girls, men are affraid and too shy to talk to women. Japan needs a total re-education on their social interactions.

what you say is so true
we still.have arranged type marriages here, weird l tell ya

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join