It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just tested positive for Covid - my experience so far

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

I think so? But I'm no expert. Lots of blueberries, black raspberries, apples, strawberries, pineapple, papaya, and bananas. Pomegranate juice (can't mess with those little seeds). Are these good?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

And sitting in the sun and fresh air.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Okay. So one more thing bugs me.

The EDs are so busy now that in many places, if you test positive for covid and you are not in respiratory distress, they send you home and tell you to come back 1.) if your pulse ox drops below 95 or 92 or 90 (that's if you own a pulse oximeter, which everyone should nowadays) or you are having trouble breathing.

But they don't appear to be sending people home with thermometers or pulse oximeters or breathing instructions or much else really. How hard would that be to do?

Has anyone experienced testing positive but being sent home? I imagine that would be a scary feeling.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
Educate yourself re early treatments...

COVID-19 early treatment: real-time analysis of 937 studies

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I just got over covid (am vaccinated). It was very strange. I would wake up every two hours of so of sleep gasping for air. And the top of my lungs hurt every time i had a little cough. Does that sound like anything you felt? No symptoms besides that really.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72
I just got over covid (am vaccinated). It was very strange. I would wake up every two hours of so of sleep gasping for air. And the top of my lungs hurt every time i had a little cough. Does that sound like anything you felt? No symptoms besides that really.

Sounds like you NEARLY got the Heavy Lungs.

The pain you described was the last symptom before mine went heavy.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Are you ok Trollz?

Getting a little worried about your well being.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

Are you ok Trollz?

I'm still sick but I'm alive. Day 8. The main symptoms I have at this point are swollen sinuses, pressure in head, occasional dizziness, no appetite, and sometimes it feels a little harder to breathe.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Are you ok Trollz?

I'm still sick but I'm alive. Day 8. The main symptoms I have at this point are swollen sinuses, pressure in head, occasional dizziness, no appetite, and sometimes it feels a little harder to breathe.

My ex has been having continuing symptoms as well. She is about 6 days in now and had regeneron at the hospital.

Appetite thing has benmen bad for her but she is drinking a lot of smoothies and spirulina....also drinking probiotic yogurt a good bit

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Are you ok Trollz?

Thank you for letting us know, hope it turns for the better quickly!

Please pay close attention to any lung issues, my dr scolded me pretty good for not going to the hospital when they started feeling heavy.

And he was right.

(Was before covid was known to anyone outside china)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Are you ok Trollz?

My ex has been having continuing symptoms as well. She is about 6 days in now and had regeneron at the hospital.

Appetite thing has benmen bad for her but she is drinking a lot of smoothies and spirulina....also drinking probiotic yogurt a good bit

I've heard good things about regeneron, hope it works for her as well!

(I don't know anything about regeneron other than statements from people who said it worked well for themselves, nothing official)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Are you ok Trollz?

(I don't know anything about regeneron other than statements from people who said it worked well for themselves, nothing official)

It helped mostly with the breathing. Her lungs were bad, but the morning after the regeneron it was much better. They discharged her about noon or so the next day I think.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
No. Their buddy trusts science.

a reply to: HawkEyi

Just one kind of science though right? Not any other science that may disagree with THAT science though....right?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Are you ok Trollz?

It helped mostly with the breathing. Her lungs were bad, but the morning after the regeneron it was much better. They discharged her about noon or so the next day I think.

Great news!

Sounds like another regeneron success story.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was admitted to the hospital. Currently getting remdesivir.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Oh sh*t. Is it just for precautionary measures or are you feeling your condition has worsened?

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Did you ask about regeneron? Sorry to hear the news. Guessing your oxygen levels got low?

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72

Sounds a lot like what i went through, I spent a week in the ICU on the verge of pulmonary failure. Covid Delta Pnumonia was my diagnosis.

Ive been home for almost 2 weeks now, and i still have to have oxygen and im on steriods to get my lung function back.

I went from working out doing cardio 2 times a day and mountain climbing once a week, to barely being able to shower without my supplemental oxygen

Its no joke!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Get well dude, request monoclonals if you can!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs
Oh sh*t. Is it just for precautionary measures or are you feeling your condition has worsened?

I went to the ER because my lungs kept doing this "quivering" thing like they were trying to cough involuntarily. I found out I have pneumonia. Then when they checked my oxygen it was low enough that they immediately decided to admit me and start me on remdesivir.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join