It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honest Question: Why are you getting vaccinated? For the virus or for your freedoms?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

Honest answer:

My immune system beat cancer...it can handle covid.

My freedoms are not contingent upon getting the jab(s), nor will I allow myself to be coerced.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I know lots of kids in their early 20s because of my brother,

anyway they have all said that they took it so they can go to music festivals and fly in to different countries for vacations.

Not one of them said i took it to protect myself and others from a virus.
edit on 13-9-2021 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I vaxed to hope to avoid covid, same as flu, as im old and comorbid

I believe covid is a weak bioattack and am pissed off I have to vax to avoid it

Im seriously pissed I may have to vax again with a booster after mine expires soon (8 months?) to avoid covid

Im seriouly pissed off about the vax mandate or any vax passes.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Some I talk to are very obese and know the dangers of covid and being overweight. It much easier to believe in the vaccine than to go through marginal discomfort of no unhealthy foods and having to exercise. It's a comfort thing.

It takes time to lose weight. Its not easy. If the vax helps lower your risk of death or complications due to being obese, why would you judge a person who chose to vax so negatively? Its really none of your business.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Covid is serious, there are millions of dead in the streets.
I don't understand why everyone can't listen to the science and just get the 12 vaccines.
Just wear the emotional dust mask.
Rest assured the guy who ran a bioweapon lab, tortures dogs to death with no see um bites and is friends with mawell and gates is looking out for us.
Bill Gates is looking out for us, since he's caught up in sex trafficking island.(the one next to Bidens..lol)
No way he wants ccp style social credit scoring, it's just a flu tracker for your benefit!
Graphene in the tests, masks and shots aren't suspicious either.
The magnetic ingredients have noting to do with the mouse brain manipulation with magnetic particles and graphene.
Stop being a conspiracy theorist.
Just inject your babies and find comfort in the fact you can just mail your votes in.
Now try and stay away from dangerous
small businesses and huddle together to shop at Walmart.

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: Added

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: Fixed

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Will that change as time goes on and more is known about the long term effects of the jabs or is that you decided and that's that?

a reply to: seagull

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I suppose that it could change in the future. Though that seems unlikely...but one never knows.

But for the present, and foreseeable future, I'm not going to be coerced into taking it--I can't state it any plainer.

I'm not going to stop anyone else from getting the treatment--as that would be coercion.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Will that change as time goes on and more is known about the long term effects of the jabs or is that you decided and that's that?

a reply to: seagull

as someone who displays some common sense, and knowing that the vaccines that have been presented are for the Alpha variant, and seem to be much less effective on the Delta variant, (an early variant, likely to be followed by more "mu") how long do you feel hyping the vaccine will be a viable option? This stopped being about science a while ago. It's pure politics now. Even the kids on the short bus can see that.

I'm curios to know your "no bullsh!t answer".

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Really? Which one?

Mine only gave me a sore arm and some protection against covid 19.

I'm not even magnetic

a reply to: VierEyes

The first 2 shots i had nothing. Maybe mild soreness in the deep deltoid for a few hours on shot 2. The 3rd one was interesting. Deep bone pain for 2 days, muscle pain for 3. But the day after i was just an asshole. Bad mood, nothing i could put my finger on...but my patience was very thin.

My wife is an angel. She puts up with the worst of who i am.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I will hold out long as possible but I need the job, have a 3 year old and another bun in missues oven, no matter what my personal feelings are about it I have to provide for the family.

I will be ok with taking Novavax if it gets approved otherwise Ill hold out till get it or get fired.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If I had family, meaning kids, to support--then I, too, would be thinking slightly differently. Not liking it, at all, but I do things in life I don't like far more often than I, well, like.

Life has a habit of being that way.

I can't blame, nor be overly critical of, folks who make that choice.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I will hold out long as possible but I need the job, have a 3 year old and another bun in missues oven, no matter what my personal feelings are about it I have to provide for the family.

I will be ok with taking Novavax if it gets approved otherwise Ill hold out till get it or get fired.

Isn't that kind of anti American to be forced to sacrifice your morals to survive?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'll be honest and say aside from if I'm here on ATS the vaccines aren't even really a thing to me.

I took the vaccines as did most others here in the UK and knew it was not a wonder drug that would end the whole thing in a month or so.

It was always a possibility a mutation would affect its efeciacy and it did and will continue to do so I imagine.

If boosters add resilience or are adapted to newer strains I'll have them and most people in the UK would likely be the same.

As I've said on other threads we have over 80 percent full vaccination in adults over here, we have zero social restrictions, no talk of any kind of general vaccine mandates and vaccine passport proposals have been dropped altogether now.

Here in the UK covid 19 is certainly not over but the social aspects of it are for the time being.

As I've also said before there's something iffy going on in the US as how it's being dealt with and used for political and restrictive gains is troubling.

Most of what's happening in the US doesn't make sense to an outsider who's supposedly living with the same issues.

a reply to: network dude

edit on 13/9/2021 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

100%

But at the end of the day feeding, clothing and sheltering my family is more important to me than my self respect.

I dont like it, pisses me off something fierce but I am not totally lost I have a few cards to play that should enable me to push back quite a bit.

They are spending a crap load of money doing the big tier background check and clearance, the job is in a place that typically people with the education/skill set dont want to go and would most certainly demand a paid move, and probably a higher salary. It is in their best interest to be flexible with me for at least a time, also they haven't brought it up to me yet in any of the correspondence or the job announcement, so I will play dumb for now.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Not really.

When you're responsible for the health, and well being of others, who are helpless to do it themselves, you do what needs doing.

That's quintessentially American, and anyone else, too.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here in the Divided States of Australia it is absolutely about freedom from lockdowns. Oh sure, there are some who are convinced that this virus is a blend of Aids, Ebola, and the virus from 28 Days Later, and are doing it for their "protection", but if you speak to anyone they'll tend to state that it's the only way out of this.

This doesn't surprise me. We have a dystopian media landscape here that is 24/7 covid, covid, covid, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine. It doesn't stop.

We also have power mad state Premiers who seem to think they run their own little country, border closures and all! Every one of them are currently pushing to have vaccines mandated for everyone. It's scary as hell and many people don't seem to get how wrong this situation is.

The supposed death toll from covid is miniscule in this country. Nearly every single death seems to be old people in nursing homes. You know, the ones that died all the time before this at pretty much the same rate?

The only suffering and misery here has been caused by the governments reaction to the virus, not the virus itself.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How long has it been like this over there?

Either I didn't realise or it's more recent than in other countries.

I thought given the location and attitude of au it was never going to be a huge issue for you for you guys anyway really?

.a reply to: TheAiIsLying

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not vaccinated myself, but all of the people who told me they got it, got it to get back some freedoms, be it to go to a restaurant, cinema or to travel.

I was even told yesterday by a couple that even though they believe it is for mass depopulation, they got it because fREedOm. This is messed on so many levels.

No one is talking about the sacrifice to make for the protection of the weakest, or very briefly. That seems to be mostly online talk as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's ramped up massively in the last couple of months. It's full Orwell over here now. All the latest catchphrases are in full swing. Pandemic of the unvaccinated, those declineing to be jabbed are called antivaxxers, ivermectine is effectively banned.

It's doing my head in.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

The same industries and corporations most likely responsible for such a “bio attack” are the same ones offering vaccines.

That should worry you.

Stay safe and stay informed.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join