It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are yall seeing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Id like some anecdotes to accompany mine. No need to establish your location, region is fine.

I'm seeing extended shipping times on all my Prime orders.

Subjectively large fluctuations in fuel prices and goods at the fuel stations. Coffee, snacks etc

The few small towns around me are gutted of small business.

The larger chains are having restocking issues if they have product at all.

Most everywhere that is still open is hiring.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I work in supply chain. Neither I or anyone I work with have seen this kind of disruption before. Even products we get through to the places of commerce, it's like the trucking companies just don't care anymore. The transportation damage claims we've seen this year are insane.

There's a business in my area with a "Now Hiring! 28$ an hour, no experience needed!" The sign has been on the side of the warehouse so long it's faded and barely readable. 28$ an hour for entry level is insane, you can easily buy a small house 30 miles out of town with that income.

There's two theories I have. Number one, people never stopped hoarding (least likely) and two people just stopped working because you make more sitting at home doing nothing (more likely).

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Shortages driving market prices up. High prices on pork, chicken, and beef.

Massive inflation that occured in pretty record time.

All signs of tough times ahead. That’s not even covering the division in society vs mask mandates and so called vaccine passports, that luckily at least for the short term won’t be happening around here.

So in a nutshell seeing the dismantling of the economy that will effect the poor pretty soon, if it has not yet and the division of society on a parliamentary level.

Good times ahead.

Not sure what the answer is, snow ball seems to be getting bigger.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I will be provide some anecdotes from my work, where we are heavily involved in global logistics... We are seeing a huge global increase of freight backlog, the shipping ports in China and Taiwan, where much of our consumer goods are manufactured, have delays of almost 6 weeks with containers just sitting on the docks. This is the result of Covid outbreaks in these shipping hubs unfortunately.

There was actually an interesting piece in the WSJ that as of right now, there may be a shortage of toys for this Christmas in North America since some of the ports in China that handle this product are choked.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I am sure you have seen sea freight and air freight costs skyrocket, pun intended. 40ft contains have more than doubled and air freight is a quadruple the rate.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

The boats that are parked outside of the port of LA that can't be unloaded are also causing a container shortage.

This is a double edged sword. These containers are stuck on boats so they are taken out of the supply line. In addition, the US imports more from China and they aren't going to send back empty containers to China so they sit at port.

We are in a real mess.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
$4.70 a gallon for regular gas.

Lots of people living on the streets, camped out on sidewalks, along levies, in parks, in bushes, under overpasses and bridges. You know, liberal political achievement at its best. People discussing their amazement at the Americans killed and those left behind in Afghanistan, while Biden checks his watch....

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

It has become easier and faster to ship through the panama canal and bring product up in the gulf!

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Just seeing locally what I recorded. Globally... oh that’s a different story all together. I see tragic written in many languages and phrases. A crap ton of negative data.

At this point I dunno, how to turn around the coming economic down turn. The inflation really did a number, and it has not stopped. The winners in the next few years, which will probably be China, is who can turn their economy around the fastest.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yeah I understand what you are saying.

I dont think we are about to be in a situation where shelves are going to be completely empty and packages are taking months to deliver, but we are definitely in a phase were product deliveries will be delayed and costs for shipping will be increased....for a short period any ways.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Many things out of stock, prices out of control, people going bat $hit for any little reason, ammo scarce, we left our people to die, government is its own entity feeding of Americans and they don't even hide it anymore.

Now that I think about it's like the trailer to a horror movie....

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Yes!

Subjectively large fluctuations in fuel prices and goods at the fuel stations. Coffee, snacks etc

No

Yes, Yes, and Yes esp the last one.

I did a quick looksie on Indeed, the amount of job opening within 50 miles of me is INSANE

edit on 7-9-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Id like some anecdotes to accompany mine. No need to establish your location, region is fine.

With the hot summer here in western Canada the crops are shot, farmer and ranchers looking at what to feed their livestock this winter. If herd culling happens due to lack of feed beef prices may drop in the short term but soon a six oz steak will be a luxury.

Other than that, off we go back into lockdowns again because the unvaxed hoards wrecked everything.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Food prices will get higher, aluminum, rubber, plastic electronics oil etc, will continue to go up etc. a good analogy at the moment is electronics, not to mention this is pre China taking Taiwan, which they say will happen. I don’t think it will be a cataclysmic event like covid was, it will happen slow most people should be noticing it when out buying food by now. Anyhow good chat I am busy somewhere else.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Here in Britain it's all blamed on Brexit.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

I am sure you have seen sea freight and air freight costs skyrocket, pun intended. 40ft contains have more than doubled and air freight is a quadruple the rate.

I don't know if people know this but small and medium size packages can only be sent by air these days and not by ship.
I was stunned by finding out the hard way while in the states.

Also packages leaving Japan must be registered by computer now at the post office. ID required and phone number proof and address of resident card also.
edit on 0900000021282021-09-07T19:28:21-05:00282109pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Other than that, off we go back into lockdowns again because the unvaxed hoards wrecked everything.

Uhhh, what?

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

I will be provide some anecdotes from my work, where we are heavily involved in global logistics... We are seeing a huge global increase of freight backlog, the shipping ports in China and Taiwan, where much of our consumer goods are manufactured, have delays of almost 6 weeks with containers just sitting on the docks. This is the result of Covid outbreaks in these shipping hubs unfortunately.

There was actually an interesting piece in the WSJ that as of right now, there may be a shortage of toys for this Christmas in North America since some of the ports in China that handle this product are choked.

Holy Schnickerdoodles! None of that sounds good. I live in a bit of a cloistered environment right now at the VA hospital. Subsequently I don't drive nor pay for meals. So my question to you MDDoxs is this, what can the common man expect to see so far as prices go? I will be leaving for the road soon, so I was wondering where you saw gas prices and food prices going. Of course I'm aware that increased costs in one area yields greater costs down the line, but I don't work in your field, so a little insider knowledge would be good.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm seeing satanic govs doing this on purpose.
Nothing to add op.
Same observations as you.
Southern Tennessee, nooga checking in.
I'm bouncing out of here in a couple weeks.
My real estate investment job is over here.
The juice aint worth the squeeze, so to speak.
Too much liability vs reward.
I have always sold quality homes with all the toys under market value.
This market is bananas.
225k...1000sqft 1914 collapsing bulldozer jobs.
No thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

With the hot summer here in western Canada the crops are shot, farmer and ranchers looking at what to feed their livestock this winter. If herd culling happens due to lack of feed beef prices may drop in the short term but soon a six oz steak will be a luxury. Other than that, off we go back into lockdowns again because the unvaxed hoards wrecked everything.

Two things I think will be ultra luxury in the future,
Meat, beef specifically and water. Things like soaking in a hot bath will be seen as wasteful. It would not surprise me in the future if your water will be rationed out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join