It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All pork has parasites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

It was homemade so it was pretty good, I liked the heat but I like spicy food.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I stated I would not tell.
Sorry....
We have, Fire!

a reply to: CptGreenTea

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sorry, soooo not true. LOL!

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Almost all sushi is blast frozen which kills parasites.
edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: yes

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
Sorry, soooo not true. LOL!

It's an FDA requirement, I've been to the Hunt's Point Market plenty of times, and smaller local markets that purchase form them, where the seafood designated for sushi/sashimi use is frozen rock solid. Can you circumvent this? Yeah, but you're putting yourself and your business in potential legal trouble.

edit on 1-9-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Better not eat fish either. Its loaded with worms. Ive picked big worms out of Halibut, and Stripers. God, you should have said no fish too.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Find yourself a local farm that practices responsible farming practices. They exist outside of most cities and tend to have pricing on par or better than your major grocery store, the caveat being you typically would need to buy in bulk. It's how I source all of my femurs and neck bones for ramen broth.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Shhhhh.....
Sidenote: I will not eat inshore Cod during the summer, they eat Seal Poo....
A drop of Iodine and worms come right out. Try it...🤣👍

a reply to: visitedbythem

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: cause

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: facts

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

edit on 192021 by Wide-Eyes because: nah

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Ha, fair point. Dogs beat them in interspecies friendship 😅. But, was just pointing out that they experience suffering like dogs can because people generally have empathy for dogs.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
One of the companies of the one I work at are in the pork business.
They said that to have a cleaner pork product that doesn't require constant antibiotics and stuff was to raise them in a colder environment where the parasites and other nasty things can't developp.

Being in a northern country, they just moved their farms way up north.

-----

I never listened to that, but the government started to make ads a few years ago telling us we could eat it medium, no need to cook it thoroughly.
Yeah, I still say no to that though, lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Pigs don't have proper sweat glands and they excrete excess waste through their hooves as puss. They even eat their own poo. Of course, they are not the only animals who eat their own poo but it's still disgusting.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You don’t want to see all the bugs flying around the banana in my kitchen. Or what I saw in my garden tomato... yikes!

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   
yet people de-worm their dogs once a year but never themselves.
Can anyone repeat and confirm the test? IMO it's the eggs of parasites that are harmful anyway. Stomach acid should kill the worms but not their eggs.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Pigs don't have proper sweat glands and they excrete excess waste through their hooves as puss. They even eat their own poo. Of course, they are not the only animals who eat their own poo but it's still disgusting.

When I was a child, our family raised pigs. They had a large indoor pen with a 16 hole feeder and a watering trough with a constant stream of spring water flowing into it. They do not eat their own poo. In fact, they relieved themselves in the corner that was opposite of where their water was located. They were always clean since they were provided clean bedding to sleep on.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

When I was a child, our family raised pigs. They had a large indoor pen with a 16 hole feeder and a watering trough with a constant stream of spring water flowing into it. They do not eat their own poo. In fact, they relieved themselves in the corner that was opposite of where their water was located. They were always clean since they were provided clean bedding to sleep on.

Ok, I won't argue with a butcher but what about the rest of what I said? No sweat glands? Sewer lines thru their feet? Is any of this true?

edit on 2-9-2021 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What would sweating have to do with excreting excess waste? People and animals sweat to cool themselves off.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Ok, I won't argue with a butcher but what about the rest of what I said? No sweat glands? Sewer lines thru their feet? Is any of this true?

Pigs do not sweat but they are able to rid themselves of heat in other ways such as via their skin and through respiration. Because an animal does not sweat does not mean toxins build up in the body.

Swine Extension

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ever pour a can of coke over a raw pork chop and let it sit out over night. All those little critters come pouring out of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You should head over to the COVID threads. There is someone there spouting nonsense from the same pile of feces.

The US pork supply is not the same as wild pig, or some other nations.

I eat pork multiple times a week. Like, a dozen or so. While I can get funky at the end of a long day, there is no difference in body odor. Body odor is not typically caused by what is inside, and if it is you need to see a doctor pretty quickly as you have started processing chemicals in a way that humans shouldn't.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thta's not true. You have to be vegan to smell carnivores. Not to mention smelling yourself. It's hard to smell yourself objectively because you smell yourself all the time. The brain filters it out like sounds you hear all the time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join