It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yes! Perfect.

There's a Bellamy Brothers song that nails your closing point and kind of addresses what the ultimate outcome of meekness is. My wife doesn't like the song, thinks it's a bit irreverent. I love it. And I believe it!

Acts 17:30-31 ~ Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.

Revelation 19:11 ~ And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.

edit on 2021 8 30 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well in this circumstance, that specific verse. There are far less individuals who condone violence nowadays. The gentle, submissive humans have definately overcome in population than the ones willing to fight for everything. The meek have inherited the earth for sure. I am not one of those people. I do not condone violence but if you spit in my moms face or try to bully others around me, I ain't calling cops to be my thugs, I will be one. Those kind of actions are frowned upon by society now which is why I would not suggest to anyone to be anything but meek. I just personally am not.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: incoserv

A meek person knows that there comes a time when one must stand for what is right and show true strength of character and a commitment to what is right. Meekness does not mean being walked on or submitting to evil.

In regards to vaccination, don’t you think some really believe they are doing what is right?
And don’t you think some believe they would be submitting to evil by getting vaccinated.

Believing you are right does not make you right.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
And why would the common man be judged for doing either?, both believe they are doing whats best..there is nothing evil about either man.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Ask a meek person and find out.

I certainly will not inherit the earth. I accept my original sin, i will stick with that

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You can’t see the philosophical significance in scripture?

With our thoughts we make the world.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The meek shall inherit the earth can be interpreted differently ways.

Yeah. But none of them have much to do with the pandemic or vaccines. It's a religious expression, having to do with following the Lord.
Odd. Not religious or versed int the Word.

But. It occurs to me that one of the four horsemen is Pestilence, so….

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yes they will inherit the earth.

But not in this life.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Lol, awesome reply

I’m Rick James b——

edit on 30-8-2021 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Germans used to murder millions of their Jewish neighbors under government orders.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse
My name is Rick, I am not meek. I do not know one person named meek.

So my chances of inheriting the earth are pretty weak.

The Earth is not the best planet to inherit anyway.

I could never afford the property taxes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join