It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So what is your take?

Are the meek the people that will obey any order and just “go along” with the flow? In our times, that would be the vaccinated, and people willing to get boosters and do whatever the powers/public or majority want them to do.

OR…….

Are the meek, those willing to wait it out, patiently. Not taking the vaccine right away?
Are the meek the ones that are quiet right now, not yelling get the vaccine, get the vaccine, just waiting just watching?

It makes you really wonder doesn’t it. The meek shall inherit the earth can be interpreted differently ways.

edit on 29-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The meek shall inherit the earth can be interpreted differently ways.

Yeah. But none of them have much to do with the pandemic or vaccines. It's a religious expression, having to do with following the Lord.

edit on 8/29/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My name is Rick, I am not meek. I do not know one person named meek.

So my chances of inheriting the earth are pretty weak.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

In Biblical context 'meek' refers to gentleness, as provided us in Titus 3:2.

Titus 3:2 - To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, [but] gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Well that is only from the King James version. The Rick James version is different.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

Titus 3:2 - To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, [but] gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

So would a gentle person get a vaccine, or wait it out?

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

And the meek shall inherit the Earth....

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes
It's one for all, all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why

We are the priests of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers fill the hollowed halls
All the gifts of life are held within these walls

Look around this world we made
Equality our stock in trade
Come and join the brotherhood of man
What a nice contented world
Let the banners be unfurled
Hold the red star proudly high in hand

Our great computers fill the hollowed halls
All the gifts of life are held within these walls

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

But it has covid all over it now!

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

pandemic or vaccines

It does. When they are making everything mandatory while giving you the false security or idea that you have a choice when you dont.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

So would a gentle person get a vaccine, or wait it out?

I don't think that gentleness means obedient or compliant. I think that those who felt strongly about this position (the so-called anti-vaxxers, of which I am strongly in that camp), would not succumb to the vaccine, but neither would they take armed revolt or resort to violent measures. Study Gandhi (watching Richard Attenborough's master-piece of the same name is a wonderful to start). Gandhi was crazy powerful. He tamed the British in South Africa and then kicked them out of India, and all using peaceful, non-violent means. He was, by all definitions, meek, but far from weak.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   

that would be the vaccinated.

They inherit their own portion of the Earth.
(About 6' deep)

I really shouldnt laugh about it. This is a very serious matter, and we will see the heartache ramp up in the cool months of winter.

As for the Meek. That is actually those who follow Christs example on Earth when he walked the Earth last time. He came to serve, and to offer forgiveness, and full payment for the debt of Humanities sins. He owns the deed to this Universe. It was paid in blood.

Remember the story of Abraham, obeying God, and taking his only son ( Isaac) to the top of mount Moriah to sacrifice him, as he was commanded. He lifter the knife over his only son, who laid on the alter he built. God stopped him at the last moment, and provided a ram, which was caught in the thicket, to be used as the sacrifice instead. It was a test, and he passed it.

That was the same spot, mount Moriah, Golgotha, that God offered and sacrificed his only begotten son, long after that incident. God didnt hold back though. It had to be done. Because of that act of meekness, on Christs part, we were able to go from being under the law, to being saved by faith, through the grace of God.

Christs act of meekness on that day, paid for the sin, that entered through Adam once and for all who accept the free gift.

When Christ returns, he doesnt come back like that though. You dont want to be on the wrong side of him, when he returns.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The Earth is not the best planet to inherit anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Beautifully said...

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I always thought this could mean religious groups such as the Amish.. and now I'm wondering if that might truly be the case since groups like that are out of main society and will not be vaccinated and forced into the experiment.
Or maybe it is the animals of the Earth? Since humanity seems Hell bent on rushing Armageddon to our doors, there may be none of us left.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am not sure most people understand what meek means. Meek is power under control. It is a trait that aspiring Christians want to achieve.To be able to put up with the secular view and ideas, without lashing out and losing their power against the evil that is plaguing our planet at this time. When you get upset at someones view of certain ideas you give them your power. To be able to push them off and retain your self without acting violently is meek. Well that is the way I was taught so I guess take it for what it is . But in my defense nobody has ever hurt my feelings.
reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
So what is your take?

Are the meek the people that will obey any order and just “go along” with the flow? In our times, that would be the vaccinated, and people willing to get boosters and do whatever the powers/public or majority want them to do.

OR…….

Are the meek, those willing to wait it out, patiently. Not taking the vaccine right away?
Are the meek the ones that are quiet right now, not yelling get the vaccine, get the vaccine, just waiting just watching?

It makes you really wonder doesn’t it. The meek shall inherit the earth can be interpreted differently ways.

Meekness, from a biblical perspective, has to do with humility and gentleness, and true humility and gentleness are the product of power under control, of a person who knows who he is, who has the gonads to do what it is right, but is also respectful of others and knows his place in the cosmos.

If you are weak, powerless, you don't have to be meek or gentle or humble. You're just weak, powerless and beat down; there's no call for gentleness or humility. Jesus Christ was meek. When he braided the whip and chased people out of the temple, he was meek. As God's son he had authority and power to do much more. When we went to the cross he was meek. He said to his attackers, "Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?" This was meekness exemplified. He had the power and the authority, but he held it in check.

Meekness is a masculine characteristic, exemplary of a manly and controlled strength. A meek person knows that there comes a time when one must stand for what is right and show true strength of character and a commitment to what is right. Meekness does not mean being walked on or submitting to evil.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Earth is not the best planet to inherit anyway.

It will be ...

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

A meek person knows that there comes a time when one must stand for what is right and show true strength of character and a commitment to what is right. Meekness does not mean being walked on or submitting to evil.

In regards to vaccination, don’t you think some really believe they are doing what is right?
And don’t you think some believe they would be submitting to evil by getting vaccinated.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

So what is your take?

Nature will inherit the earth. I'm told cockroaches will probably out live humans.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Nature will inherit the earth. I'm told cockroaches will probably out live humans.

I’m convinced it will be Japanese Beetles, indestructible little pests!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join