It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Judge Strips Mother Of Parental Rights For Being Unvaccinated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It’s coming to a town near you. Don’t wait. Fight back now. Any way you know how.

www.zerohedge.com...

A few weeks ago, we shared the story of a 21-year-old man from Ohio who, after being arrested for fentanyl possession, was legally required by the judge overseeing his case to get vaccinated as a condition of his probation.

Now, in a terrifying glimpse of what might be in store for parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids, a judge in Cook County Illinois (which includes Chicago and some of the surrounding area) has taken away the parental rights of a woman due to her refusal to get vaccinated

In what all parties agree is a very unusual and perhaps unprecedented step, a judge at Chicago's Daley Center has stripped Rebecca Firlit of custody due to her refusal to get vaccinated.
"I miss my son more than anything. It's been very difficult. I haven't seen him since Aug. 10," Firlit told a local Fox affiliate station in an interview.

That’s the day Firlit appeared in court via Zoom, accompanied by her ex-husband, for a child support hearing involving her 11-year-old son. The two have been divorced for seven years and share custody and parenting time. Out of the blue, Cook County Judge James Shapiro asked her whether she had been vaccinated. Firlit told Shapiro she didn't get vaccinated because she has had bad reactions to vaccines in the past. Shapiro then ordered that Firlit be prevented from spending parenting time with her son until she gets vaccinated. Over the past two weeks, Firlit has been able to talk to her son on the phone and through video calls, but has been unable to see him in person. "I think that it’s wrong. I think that it’s dividing families. And I think it’s not in my son's best interest to be away from his mother," Firlit said. Firlit is now appealing the court order, saying the judge has no authority to take away her parenting rights over her vaccination status. "It had nothing to do with what we were talking about. He was placing his views on me. And taking my son away from me," Firlit said.

Her attorney, Annette Fernholz, claimed the judge has overstepped his authority. "In this case you have a judge, without any matter before him regarding the parenting time with the child deciding 'Oh, you’re not vaccinated. You don't get to see your child until you are vaccinated.' That kind of exceeds his jurisdiction," Fernholz said. As she explained, the judge is acting completely on his own: Firlit's former husband didn't bring the issue before the court. "You have to understand the father did not even bring this issue before the court. So it’s the judge on his own and making this decision that you can’t see your child until you’re vaccinated," Fernholz added. However, the attorney representing Firlit's ex-husband, Jeffrey Leving, says they were also surprised by the judge's decision, but they support the ruling saying that given the pandemic, the child should be protected from an unvaccinated mother.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So the state has finally stepped in to say their POV.

“We know better than you parents concerning your health and that of your children”.

I ain’t a parent. But this is f’ing grim.

The masks are coming off. Fangs are bared.

C’mon Man! WTF is goin on?

(post by norhoc removed for political trolling and baiting)
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

What is next? Remove a kid from their parents because they smoke or drink? Remove a kid because their mom or dad let's them eat candy? It is crazy we live in a country that is legalizing weed and in some states psychedellics but removing kids from parents for not taking the jab

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

given the pandemic, the child should be protected from an unvaccinated mother.

Grave error, if this becomes prominent, let's see how they enforce that on the mass. This is the line in the sand for a lot of people. Hopefully it's just that one biased judge.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Now there is a more serious problem than being removed from the bench. Now all cases that judge has presided over needs to be reviewed and may or may not be overturned. Good job.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeventhChapter

Good job judge

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Can't wait for the usual pro fascism sycophants to come into this thread and try and defend this

The left, yes.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wballz

Good job judge

Here is 1 shilling for your post.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They are wrong and evil in all forms and ways these mRNA vax drugmarkers have to much influence and power over our courts and systems.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I wonder how much of pressure has the judge and the courts had taken from politicians or other things in order for them to push someone like this? this is evil and wrong i havent seen a court do this for any other vaxs.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Now there is a more serious problem than being removed from the bench. Now all cases that judge has presided over needs to be reviewed and may or may not be overturned. Good job.

That's what needs to happen, but it probably won't.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

surely the judge has no rights to do this and should lose his job!

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It’s the new normal.

The one the public is being trained for.

From reeee to vaccinate meeeee

a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Makes you wonder what happened to "My body my choice!".

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
That is terrifying, and will set a terrible precedent, why am I not surprised it comes fr that part of the nation has that county ever gotten anything right.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Actually, family court judges have very wide authority.

This does not preclude appeals.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The Great Chicago Fire may happen again. Dems really rubbing salt on them wounds…They really must want revolt, and it seems like they are doing a great job pi$$ing people off. So yeah I will be staying tuned.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Keep my kids from me and die.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Actually, family court judges have very wide authority.

This does not preclude appeals.

If this stands, and they file an appeal, does the judge's order stand while the appeal is processed (perhaps taking years)? What about the child? Is foster care less dangerous to the child than being with an unvaccinated mother????

Wow.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join