It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all these New Businesses Going to Get Workers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Those special asylum work visa holders will be directed 😃

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

America has trailer parks full of people who need to get on the economic productivity wagon.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

And luxury condos full of the that group/class of people too.

Your bias is showing.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Does the US government give any start up money for opening up these businesses? If so they could just be taking advantage of the money then run.

Yes.
Not only that , but the government also pays a chunk of employees wages for the first year .

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Actually, they just back peddled on that.
I think they realized it would put them out of business. An article I read said that over 90% of the users were adult content. Lol!

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I dunno, but I can tell you this much...there could be nuclear Armageddon and people will still line up to pay $9 dollars for a stupid .50 cent cup of coffee at Star-BUCKS!! The woke will jump over the friggin' counter and work for free to keep their precious coffee joint open.

ETA - Too cynical?

I'll show myself out.

edit on 8/25/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Tell me about it.
My country was Paradise until the 70/80's.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
We previously discussed all these restaurants that are closing because they don't have workers.

So now here's something else really weird happening in my area, several new restaurants and stores are opening up. Does that make any sense? I know that some may have had the train moving before Covid hit or as it hit but not all.
There is one that just opened about a month back. They aren't doing too hot because there aren't enough workers and supply shortages. Hard to sell things you don't have. Bad reviews all around. If it were one or two, that would be reasonable. I'm talking a lot more than that to a point where it really has me scratching my head. They aren't mom and pop restaurants or stores either. These companies do all kind of metrics and future projections... but, right now isn't it hard to predict where things are going?

So here's my questions. What is going on. Are these places just being overly optimistic hoping to tread water long enough for a good vaccine?
Is this just poor planning? Is this something else, like refugees are on the way to fill those spots?
Do you see this in your area?

I'm not talking just normal closures and openings/building like in normal times (pre 2020)

Im starting to think you live near me. LOL

There are about 4 new restaurants opening in my small town. Meanwhile, almost ALL retailers in my small town cannot find employees - so much so, ChicFilA has raised starting pay for non-experienced employees to $17/hr and McDonalds is $18/hr.
I just went to the grocery store and used the pick-up, where you order online and pull into a spot and they bring it out. The young girl came and out and profusely apologized saying it will be a little longer as they are short staffed because nobody wants to work because unemployment is paying more. Her words. Of course I told her, take her time I am in no rush. This is a Kroger brand store and they pay their employees well.

NOBODY WANTS TO WORK?!

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

NOBODY WANTS TO WORK?!

Apparently some people do...I'm still getting job applicants wanting to work in my shop/store.

I interview all applicants and am courteous to them all; but if you come in for an interview with your hat on backwards, you don't stand a chance to work in sales; Maybe cleaning the machines and sweeping up, but still making more than min. wage.

I also check out applicants FB and twitter accounts. You can get a good indication of a persons personality by their social media posts. I don't have time to waste on mooks.

edit on 25-8-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ok. Here where I am in Colorado - nobody wants to work lol

And yeah, Ive worked in background investigations....so FB is a great tool

edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join