It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccinated or Tested???

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What is the deal with the vaccinated or tested policies. I've seen this listed for a bunch of events and some employers. My step daughter was just notified that the policy is now you must be vaccinated or get tested twice weekly. She just recovered from covid and has not been vaccinated. Since "Break Through" cases are no longer rare and the CDC now says the vaccinated spread the virus as good as the unvaccinated this looks like you're fine spreading the virus in the office as long as you're vaccinated. What the heck are they thinking?

BMO Vaccine or Test

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

Sounds like you’re looking for some logic in all this mess.

Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Your step-daughter has recovered from Covid-19. She is not a carrier and has less than a 1% chance of contracting it again.

She should ask her job if showing them that she has the Covid-19 antibodies in her system will satisfy their requirement(s). She can get a Covid-19 antibody test. Mine was free, from Labcorp. ( www.labcorp.com... )

If her employer is following SCIENCE, they will allow the Labcorp results as proof she's not a transmitter of the virus.

If not, her company is run by people who don't deserve to have her talents. She should bid them goodbye.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I guess that's my issue. I think we should follow the science in a logical way.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Dunno what to say, I'm just thankful my boss has common sense and said 'so...you didn't get vaccinated did you?' and i said, 'no why the hell would I?' and he said 'that's good, you have common sense, there's no reason for young people like you to get this.' and went off about the covid vaccine and issues in young people. We talked about the myocarditis stuff for a bit.

Like...I'd really hate to work for some of these #ty companies i've heard about. My boss is great man.
edit on 22/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
One of the kids in my class got COVID-19 (preschool). The class was shut down for ten days. My co-worker and I are fully vaccinated ( must keep my family safe. They are vaccinated as well... Anyway), I was able to go back sith proof of a negative test result. The class remained shut down. All the children tested negative. The class remained shut down.

Heres where it gets ridiculous, as if it weren't already.
The child who had covid was playing with a child from another class the day before at a park. The child from the other class only had to get a negative covid test. They did not wait the three to five days before they got the child the test. That child was allowed back into the other classroom with the negative test. My classroom had to stay shut even though all the children except for the one had come back with a negative result.

Based off of the rules of the classroom needing to be shut down due to exposure to the child how is it the other child was allowed to go back in to the other class? Even though I am vaccinated. Is it safe for me to go back to my classroom and do what I need to do and to go to other classrooms if the kids my class could not come back until tomorrow.

We have had 4 outbreaks in my preschool. And what I mean by outbreak is the kid that had covid went into the classroom and the classroom had to shut down for 10 days. And the only person that got covid with the child who originally had it.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

My husband works from home but has to drive to work every week to get tested. If not for that, then no one at his job would ever be exposed to him (including students because he works for a private college).

I can't make it make sense.

ETA: Oh, and last week he talked outside with a coworker that is vaccinated and tested positive 3 days later...so my husband was potentially exposed while taking a worthless test. It defies logic so it must be 'science.'
edit on 8/22/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Our government is pushing us to see how much we'll take before rebelling. There are several reasons why they would do this, but which one is the real reason?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Right!

Also, what if you had Covid three months ago, didn’t know it, take the test with no symptoms and test positive? 14 days of no work for you!

Get tested again with this time a false positive, no work for you for another 14 days.

Get the stupid shots, and their BS ends, they win. The games will get worse.
edit on 22-8-2021 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense. But then, there are a lot of things in the world which don't.

1) Vaccination seems to still (with Delta and all) significantly reduce the chances of serious symptoms and/or hospitalization. Hospitalization is not good for the company because it means the employee is missing a lot of work. Depending on the circumstances, this could mean sick pay. It could also mean increased medical insurance premiums. It certainly means staffing problems. Testing has no effect on this.

2) Testing can also reduce the chances of infection spreading through the company because presumably a positive test would result in isolation. So the same principle applies.

On the other hand, it is known that vaccination is no guarantee that one will not transmit the virus to others.

On the other hand, go back to 1). If someone is infected and they are vaccinated, chances are greater that the infection won't be as severe.

I suppose that testing for everyone would be best and arouse less cause for dissent.

edit on 8/22/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join