It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Masks Allow 90 Percent of Exhaled Aerosols to Pass Thru--New Study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Wouldn't that possibility also indicate that communication (and, therefore, infant development) is impeded by masks?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: neutronflux

How is that preventing a person with covid from making the virus go airborne? When they sneeze? Or cough.

It won't. But not everyone who is infected is sneezing or coughing.

Risk cannot be eliminated in public, but it can be reduced.

So it’s ok to wear an N-95 mask with an exhalation valve?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Perhaps, but I think infants learn mostly in their home environment. Later perhaps, there may be some influence. The study does bring that up.

edit on 8/21/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

How is that preventing a person with covid from making the virus go airborne? When they sneeze? Or cough.

Probably not. Those are meant for things like when you're sanding that nice oak tabletop.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Probably not. Those are meant for things like when you're sanding that nice oak tabletop.

Then it’s the same for cloth masks and procedural masks.

When wearing safer glasses with cheap masks at the plant, about everyone, meaning at least 90 percent of people, at the plant had their safety glasses fog up from their breath. We have tried and switched to anti fogging glasses with little success. If you wear an N-95 mask, the mask seals. They fogging issues goes away.

Cheap mask don’t seal. It’s the same as wearing an N-95 mask with an exhalation valve.

If cloth masks were effective, then there wouldn’t have been a push to double mask. At that point, just wear an N-95 mask with no exit valve.

A mask that doesn’t seal is useless.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

A mask that doesn’t seal is useless.

That isn't what the guys who did the study say, but I'm sure you know better than them.

“There is no question it is beneficial to wear any face covering, both for protection in close proximity and at a distance in a room,” says study leader Serhiy Yarusevych,

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How about those thin hard plastic masks from 1970’s and 1980’s Halloween Costumes? They got pretty sweaty walking around so not very well ventilated. Probably work as good as cloth or the ones just using face shields.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not a new study, just reconfirming the 8milion old studies they dismissed repeatedly.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Masks, no masks, vax, no vax, we've got massive real world case-studies at this point.

Pro tip: If any respectable data scientist looked at the data and was told to look for correlation to COVID increase or decrease due to these measures, guess what -- none.

Every location in the word is having periodic surges and troughs even with near 100% vax and prolific mask wearing in the same manner as those that don't.

In the future, people will truly learn where disease comes from and understand why. If you are supposed to get it, you will. If you try and dodge it, you will just get something else. Filth at the subatomic level has to be cleaned up by a process.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SeventhChapter

Yes, you bring up the most important point IMO, the matter of forcing children to wear these things. Forcing kids to wear them is child abuse.

Not just physically with the accumulation of bacteria and the resultant hypoxia and hypercapnia, but the psychological damage to the youngsters will be likely permanent in some individuals.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

That's because they are sick of wearing them, here in florida, you see a lot of people wear them down past their noses, and I have seen employees not wearing masks. I am anti-mask I hate them with a passion, I don't like people who are masked aroud me, because i don't need their nasty germs to get on me. I believe in fresh air and getting fresh air. I am pretty healthy individual, and to put a mask on me is ridiculous, i will not be vaccinated because i think that will kill my natural immunity. If i get sick, it doesn't last long. a cold will last me a day, i never had pneumonia, Bronchitis, or anything lung related. The last time I had the flu I was 14. I have gotten strep throat twice in my life. I have been around people who have had the flu, and have been sick, and I never caught it. My point is, I don't think the masks are helping at all, and if you see someone not wearing them correctly, they honestly don't care and are either wearing them because they have to, or because they think people will judge them.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Almost nobody I have talked to in person actually believed that deep sanitation, masks, social distancing, getting vaccinated would cure the pandemic. What they believed is that the government would politely give back their basic rights if they dutifully complied for a couple months.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Not a single person was spotted wearing a mask at Obama's birthday party earlier this month.

Were you there?

we have seen pictures. Do you have any proving otherwise?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Masks, no masks, vax, no vax, we've got massive real world case-studies at this point.

Pro tip: If any respectable data scientist looked at the data and was told to look for correlation to COVID increase or decrease due to these measures, guess what -- none.

Every location in the word is having periodic surges and troughs even with near 100% vax and prolific mask wearing in the same manner as those that don't.

In the future, people will truly learn where disease comes from and understand why. If you are supposed to get it, you will. If you try and dodge it, you will just get something else. Filth at the subatomic level has to be cleaned up by a process.

Yes. that's one study nobody will talk about. Looking at areas that didn't mandate masks, as opposed to an identical area that did. perhaps in a few years, when the virus is still here, and the cheerleaders have run out of cheers, we can actually look at doing some "science" instead of claiming that's what they were doing all along, and not just spreading propaganda.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The way to avoid disease is to stay away from other people. Indoor cushy jobs, restaurants, theaters, basically anything indoors. Outdoors avoid high foot traffic areas like NYC sidewalks, sitting at benches and tables in parks, public transportation, large crowd events like burning man and Lollapalooza.

Tossing frisbee in the park and sitting on your own picnic blanket is fine. Just not with random strangers. It’s other people that have the Covid until they give it to you.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'm not saying that it's 100% effective all the time. Because obviously it's not. However even at 50% it's better than no mask at all. I think the results speak for themselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Why is that even an issue? You can see that when worn properly a mask works. And even if worn improperly it's better than nothing.

If more people would see these sorts of videos then they'd understand how effective the mask can be.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Just remember;

This is why churches need to be closed, but large groups rioting, looting shops are immune because. . . . .

SCIENCE!

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have had multiple doctors tell me the mask does squat, and the only reason they do wear one is because its mandated by the hospital.

The other aspect rarely mentioned is how many people wear the same mask for days at a time without any sort of cleansing, think those things are stopping anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The other aspect rarely mentioned is how many people wear the same mask for days at a time without any sort of cleansing, think those things are stopping anything.

Guilty as charged. I imagine that a large number of people do the same. We only wear a mask because we're told to and we don't truly believe that we're stopping anything short of wearing a fresh N95 each and every day.

If people actually believed that the masks worked and that the disease was deadly to their loved ones we would all wear new masks each day and have a red hazardous disposal bin to put the mask in once we took it off. The way you treat your mask once you take it off says a lot about what you really believe to be true.

Is the CDC asking us to dispose of the deadly virus containment mask in a safe and scientific manner? I haven't seen anything to say that they are. Wear your mask. Participate in the mask theatre with everyone else, and wear the same mask tomorrow to signal that you believe the disease is a deadly as your told it is.

The article is correct. Only the N95 would stop you from spreading COVID.

edit on 8/22/2021 by dbates because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join