It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the average survival rates for Covid ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Now you will notice I said "rates" as I was expecting someone to point out different ages have different rates.
I can't find this info in any comprehendable way and would appreciate some help.

I am looking for figures people, or a link to a website that clearly states them (rather than a long convoluted bit of text)

This info was available on the internet at the start of this crap film, but now I can't seem to find it.

I am aware it's not an amazeballs post, so please be kind.

Thanks
edit on 10-8-2021 by OwenTrousers because: meh

edit on 10-8-2021 by OwenTrousers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OwenTrousers

With the exception of the elderly and people with chronic conditions, I believe all survival rates are at least 99%, according to almost all the statistics.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It is pretty hard to tell what the survival rate is. Because they keep doing data creation on improperly evaluated numbers.

How many millions of people have had asymptomatic or very mild symptoms with this virus that never got tested? I wouldn't go in if I had symptoms of a common cold or no symptoms at all. About eighty percent of people who get it fall into that class, the only numbers out there are from people who had negative or positive tests, it does not represent the whole population. I wouldn't even go get tested for flu like symptoms. I do not know if I had it already, I did have symptoms they later said were those of covid, I even had a temp of ninety nine and a half degrees in May...which is high for me since my normal is ninety seven even. I did feel a little tired for about three weeks, but it could have been anything that caused that. I am alive anyway.

Half the population of this country could have already had the virus and fought it off like they fight off a cold, targeting the coronavirus part instead of the spike protein...that works.

I doubt if the death rate is even one percent of the people who got it and the majority of those who died are above sixty five, and there are lots of people in that baby boomer group that are susceptable to comorbidities.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Math ??πŸ˜€

Total Cases Reported

Total Deaths Reported

Remember, the main thing to look at is cases reported, and lots of people who had it never reported the symptoms of the virus because it is usually like a cold or mild flu or sometimes people get it and have no symptoms.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
From the National Center for Biotechnology Information, part of the United States National Library of Medicine, a branch of the National Institutes of Health:

Across 51 locations, the median COVID-19 infection fatality rate was 0.27%
Source

edit on 8/10/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't think they will really be able to give an acurate figure for this for years, if ever.

The difficulty is that there are so many factors at play, for example, if you look at the survival rate for Germany with a pretty robust healthcare system its a bit unfair to comapare it to Kenya so country to country its going to vary. To give such a number also depends on having acurate data and again depending on the country will depend on the acuracy of this and even where it is acurate there are variations in what counts as a "Covid Death". Furthermore one could postulate that the interventions taken such as mask wearing, social distancing and the vaccination program have reduced the number of deaths and therefore again an accurate fatality rate is difficult to assertain.

So for me anyone claiming to have an absoulte number that they claim to be a factual fatality rate is talking crap. There are just too many variables at the very least it has to go country by country.

Take the United States for example, if you do some rough maths and say 600,000 dead, 35M infections thats about 0.17% fatality. Which doesn't seem that high but if you where to extrapolate to the entire population thats over five million dead. Even if you want to half that call it a round 3 Million thats a lot of dead folks hence the requirement to take steps to prevent it such as masks, social distancing, lockdowns, vaccinations and so on.
edit on 10-8-2021 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Just keep on mind that number of cases is always going to be a mystery, therefore the mortality rate can never be accurately calculated. There are WAY too many asymptomatic "cases" that never get tested and thus aren't added to the "official" case count. There have probably been millions more cases than the official count, but because there are so many asymptomatic infections, people don't know they should get tested if they don't have any symptoms.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is some pretty decent information on the reduction of the ability of the vaccines to fight the delta variant .

www.bmj.com...

It goes through many things in this article, pay attention when reading it. I would never trust this kind of information coming from the CDC or FDA, but I do think that this article does actually pretty accurately portray the research I have been reading on this stuff. It is a British medical journal article.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Take the number who have died, divide that by the number of confirmed cases and that tells you the case-mortality ratio. Multiply that by 100 to give it as a percentage. Subtract that number from 100 to give the survival ratio as a percentage.

Currently, for the world, the survival ratio is 97.885%, which means that about two people die out of every hundred cases.

edit on 10/8/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Take the number who have died, divide that by the number of confirmed cases and that tells you the case-mortality ratio. Multiply that by 100 to give it as a percentage. Subtract that number from 100 to give the survival ratio as a percentage.

Currently, for the world, the survival ratio is 97.885%, which means that about two people die out of every hundred cases.

You do realize many people either don't get tested, don't seek medical attention, or in some cases don't even have symptoms? The case mortality ratio is completely inaccurate because it's only accounting for known cases, and the only way cases can be known and counted is by people being tested for the virus. Do you honestly think the majority of people who get SARS-Cov-2 get tested, especially the ones who don't even know they have it?

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Math ??πŸ˜€

Total Cases Reported

Total Deaths Reported

Starred

With the exception: "what qualifies as a Covid death?"

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They do this to confuse you with the figures.
Now, do you mean survival of dying from Covid if you catch it, or, surviving the Covid per se?
The first one you can't compute because the parameters of infected have never shown a true figure, so the death rate can't be calculated.
Now take the second scenario, if you live in the US if you have not died(whether with Covid or not) you have survived the "pandemic". So now work out the figures, total US deaths from Covid 612,958 out of a population of about 331,449,281. If you don't come into the death bracket you're a survivor.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: StrangeCottageCheese

Math ??πŸ˜€

Total Cases Reported

Total Deaths Reported

Starred

SHHHHHHHHH !!!!! 🀫

The "Death" Number could be 10% !!!!🀫

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Math ??πŸ˜€

Total Cases Reported

Total Deaths Reported

The death rate began slowing down quite a bit after the less lethal delta variant Became dominant.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: StrangeCottageCheese

Math ??πŸ˜€

Total Cases Reported

Total Deaths Reported

Starred

If a doctor or coroner presumes you had covid-19 at the time of death, you are officially a covid-19 death, and that doctor gets some extra money from the Federal government.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Valid and sensible question op.

As has been mentioned way too many variables to ever have an accurate answer. Such as:

-not all cases have been recorded, total cases are obviously a magnitude higher than recorded.

-deaths being included in totals as 'with covid', not 'from' covid. I get the reasoning, but including someone who fell off a bridge as dying of Covid isn't entirely accurate.

-time frame of statistics, totals from beginning to now, so including vaccine effects? If not up to when? Some of the figures bandied about seem high, but deaths in general over an 18 month period are normally pretty high anyway, I sense a lot of people haven't really ever realised how many die of colds and flu each year anyway, suddenly they are bombarded on the news with death totals and it shocks them.

edit on 1020212021Tue, 10 Aug 2021 17:44:11 -050005pm810TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: Typo

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

You do realize many people either don't get tested, don't seek medical attention, or in some cases don't even have symptoms? The case mortality ratio is completely inaccurate because it's only accounting for known cases, and the only way cases can be known and counted is by people being tested for the virus. Do you honestly think the majority of people who get SARS-Cov-2 get tested, especially the ones who don't even know they have it?

I can see how your guess is better than the actual measurement. What were they thinking?

edit on 10/8/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

I can see how your guess is better than the actual measurement. What were they thinking?

Their data is incomplete and so is their assessment. Most of the time I have heard them admit they believe their are many unreported cases, but because they are not reported it's an unknown quantity.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It took many years after the Spanish flu for them to sift the data and determine the true fatality rate of the pandemic. It' s just the way science works. It can only go from the data and a lot of it is compiled and analyzed long after the fact.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join