It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Social Credit Systen Developing Fast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In case you missed it, recent events have prompted a reporter at "The Hill" to warn:

Coming soon: America's own social credit system

You can find the story at: thehill.com...

Last week, PayPal announced a partnership with the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center to “investigate” the role of “white supremacists” and propagators of “anti-government” rhetoric, subjective labels that potentially could impact a large number of groups or people using their service. PayPal says the collected information will be shared with other financial firms and politicians. Facebook is taking similar measures, recently introducing messages that ask users to snitch on their potentially “extremist” friends, which considering the platform’s bias seems mainly to target the political right. At the same time, Facebook and Microsoft are working with several other web giants and the United Nations on a database to block potential extremist content.

The author notes that since the January 6, storming of Capital Hill, the government has greatly changed the parameters of what qualifies as "domestic terrorism". Its really a "fluid" term and subject to unfettered expansion. There's no telling, going forward, what might constitute and activity or affiliation which might cause some form of scrutiny.

The implications of these crackdown efforts will be significantly more broad than just prohibiting Donald Trump from tweeting at 3 a.m. Young people cannot effectively function in society if blocked from using Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Uber, Amazon, PayPal, Venmo and other financial transaction systems. Some banking platforms already have announced a ban on certain legal purchases, such as firearms. The growth of such restrictions, which will only accelerate with support from (usually) left-wing politicians, could create a system in which individuals who do not hold certain political views could be blocked from polite society and left unable to make a living.

Interesting stuff and considering what happened in the 2020 election, its a fair bet that this sort of thing will be rushed into development at the urging of The Party (Democrat) operatives. I can hardly imagine the effect this will have on students in K-12 education and in the Universities. And, I can well see this playing into the hands of the Vaccine enforcers.

The same companies that can track your activities and give you corporate rewards for compliant behavior could utilize their powers to block transactions, add surcharges or restrict your use of products.

All quotes above from the source cited above.

Read the article, it will make you think but best be prepared for this future development and you might want to more closely think about your social media footprint. My take on this is, like it or not, this is the way things will probably go if for no other reason than "it can be done" but also because its such a powerful mechanism for social control and social engineering.

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
My take on this is, like it or not, this is the way things will probably go if for no other reason than "it can be done" but also because its such a powerful mechanism for social control and social engineering.

No 'probably' about it, it's going there along with a whole host of other digital initiatives.

Banks and tech companies will be the gatekeepers of the majority of your personal information and history unless you decide to almost completely disengage from most regulated interactions/transactions.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Honestly, who gives a chit.

Sounds like a pre K report card

"needs improvement"
"doesn't work well with others"

Am I gonna need to get my mommy to sign it?

Have no doubt they are trying to implement it while everybody is preoccupied with other stuff.

edit on 3-8-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The problem is that it is really difficult for the average person to completely disconnect. You can barely do anything unless you are part of the social system these days... banking, credit, employment, etc.

Unfortunately, convenience trumps any slippery slope arguments towards dystopian outcomes down the road.

Most people can't buy a cabin on 20 acres out in the middle of nowhere and say screw Facistbook, the internet, etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My take on this is, like it or not, this is the way things will probably go if for no other reason than "it can be done" but also because its such a powerful mechanism for social control and social engineering.

No 'probably' about it, it's going there along with a whole host of other digital initiatives.

Banks and tech companies will be the gatekeepers of the majority of your personal information and history unless you decide to almost completely disengage from most regulated interactions/transactions.

I suspect that's one of the main reasons that banks were initially opposed to crypto.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The problem is that it is really difficult for the average person to completely disconnect. You can barely do anything unless you are part of the social system these days... banking, credit, employment, etc.

Oh, I'm well aware of it and so are the companies investing huge sums into this inititative.

They wouldn't be if they didn't think they could get the vast majority of the population.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Young people cannot effectively function in society if blocked from using Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Uber, Amazon, PayPal, Venmo

is PayPal still a thing?

I can see Microsoft eventually dying because of their crappy Windows, only thing really keeping them alive is XBOX... guess I better start playing the good guy on Red Dead Redemption 2 or else lose brownie points.

Good thing that alternative sites and financial services have popped up... + it's not like you can order a confederate flag on Amazon (not that I would order one) I would order two...

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
I suspect that's one of the main reasons that banks were initially opposed to crypto.

They're not 'opposed to crypto', they just want it highly regulated, which it will be. Get ready for FedPay and FedCoin.

Want to do business with the government of United States of America? You better make sure you can pay via these methods.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
is PayPal still a thing?

It's a 320billion dollar company, so, yeah, it's kind of a thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

so many PayPal alternatives nowadays... I'm surprised, even eBay doesn't use them anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
so many PayPal alternatives nowadays...

You make it sound like these 'alternatives' are not already operating inside the existing payment schemes, and when interbank transfers go to FedPay they will have to join or operate outside the Federal banking system. Good luck with that.

...even eBay doesn't use them anymore.

Huh? You can still use PayPal on Ebay, it's just not the preferred method anymore. PayPal was wholly owned by eBay and then spun off, now, since they don't have an exclusive, it enables eBay to negotiate better rates with other processors.

edit on 3-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: peter_kandra

They're not 'opposed to crypto', they just want it highly regulated, which it will be. Get ready for FedPay and FedCoin.

Want to do business with the government of United States of America? You better make sure you can pay via these methods.

Yeah, they aren't going to allow it if they can't get at it. Crypto was popular because of the anonymity but govts aren't going to allow that. They want to be able to track and seize any money.

They don't like what someone is doing? They just flip a switch and turn off your money.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That is exactly what's going to happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

They're already there.
www.reuters.com...

The Justice Department has "found and recaptured the majority" of the ransom paid by Colonial, Monaco said.

An affidavit filed on Monday said the FBI was in possession of a private key to unlock a bitcoin wallet that had received most of the funds. It was unclear how the FBI gained access to the key.

Trust me, any illusion of anonymity with crypto is just an illusion at this point.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I use paypal on ebay all the time ?

a reply to: imitator

I just checked and you can still use it...

edit on 3/8/2021 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That's ok its already here it the covid vaccination passports.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I doubt it will be legal for banks to not allow you to have your money, it's yours afterall and I think Lawyers will be there aplenty to help you out and hopefully for free

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Well hell.

I'm just glad I'm old.

Won't have to deal with this crap for too long. Sucks for my kids though, and you younger folks.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
I doubt it will be legal for banks to not allow you to have your money, it's yours afterall and I think Lawyers will be there aplenty to help you out and hopefully for free

No one said you can't have your money, they won't take it.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

To think the NWO was a conspiracy theory about 20 yrs ago. Hell man, most people been in the NWO for awhile now, they have just not been paying attention, not to mention the convenience. I dunno if I believe in the whole NWO thing, but I know we’re not in Kansas, anymore.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join