It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two weeks to flatten the curve. But for realsies this time.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Didn't you get vaccinated so you could travel and not have to do all this?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

For the 20 minutes or so that I wear one, I'll stick with my cloth ones. They have more style.

But the masks aren't really meant to protect you from others. You know that, right?

You might make different choice if caring for elderly mother that might not survive her next cold.

Or had to occasionally meet with folks just returning from China.

Luckily, I don't feel the need to wear them very often, or for very long.

Damn near pass out after about 40 minutes with face diaper.

But yes, I understand that most of the benefit is for others.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

That altruism is to be commended. Assuming you have always worn a mask to protect vulnerable people at times during your entire existence. If not, then.. not.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

For the 20 minutes or so that I wear one, I'll stick with my cloth ones. They have more style.

But the masks aren't really meant to protect you from others. You know that, right?

Sigh.

Personal protective equipment can only protect you.

It’s not called social protective equipment.

Cheap cloth masks are not made to trap and hold snot and slobber for hours on end such as being forced to wear them at work.

Cheap procedural masks do not stay in place such as when loading lumber or groceries.

I was thought in the military and industry a mask that doesn’t seal is useless.

Cheap procedure masks don’t seal. They don’t have a hard edge that actually creates a seal like a N-95 mask or a respirator.

Do NOT Use a Mask With a Filtered Valve (It Can Spread COVID-19)

healthnewshub.org...

These are known as one-way valves, with the filter functional only in one direction. As you inhale, the incoming air is filtered. As you exhale, the outgoing mixture of carbon dioxide, oxygen, water vapor and, yes, possibly COVID-19 viral particles releases unfiltered. The San Francisco Department of Public Health actually tweeted a warning that these masks “may actually propel your germs further.” It prohibited them in its original public health order requiring masks or other face covering during the pandemic.

Wearing a mask that doesn’t seal is as effective as wearing a mask with an exit valve.

Most cheap stringy procedure masks are about 40 percent effective.

Would you use a condom for birth control that was only 40 percent effective.

It would capture about 40 percent of the sperm. But can you really say it would have a measurable decline in pregnancies?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981

That altruism is to be commended. Assuming you have always worn a mask to protect vulnerable people at times during your entire existence. If not, then.. not.

I wear a mask when it makes sense to me in current situation.

And wore mask (sometimes also gown) at times when mother was ill and doctor recommended masks for visitors.

I also stay home whenever sick, which likely saved my parent's lives in dec 2019.

But feel free to post any nonsense you want.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I also just don't like wearing the cheap ones.

Find myself fidgeting with them too much.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

THE ONLY IMMUNITY GRANTED BY THESE "VACCINES" IS FROM PROSECUTION.

Maybe from the authorities.....but not from the woke anti C19 Vax community as in time it will be very difficult to refrain from the - I told you so where was your common sense frame of mind.

Unintentional prosecution but prosecution nevertheless.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Nope, they are a fashionable outerwear made from a tshirt cut out in the shape of a mask. But they do make the guy wearing it feel better about his role in saving the planet.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

a reply to: dashen

No. I mean masks.
Its it that hard to follow a conversation?

I'm fully vaccinated, to answer your question. No side effects. Zip.

and you will happily take the booster, and the one next year as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If mask and social distancing and vaccines worked . . .

there would be no common cold or flu.

and definitely no corona.

It is all going to fail . . . they are simply setting up a group to blame

anti-maskers
anti-vaxers

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

.......yet!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit
Thank you, the kimtech is even in stock.

Ordering some now.

Ummm... why? Are you a doctor, nurse, or other health worker required to wear them?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
originally posted by: dashen
THE ONLY IMMUNITY GRANTED BY THESE "VACCINES" IS FROM PROSECUTION.

Maybe from the authorities.....but not from the woke anti pro C19 Vax community as in time it will be very difficult to refrain from the - I told you so where was your common sense frame of mind.
There, fixed that fer ya...

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think a large section of at least Americans need to be told what to do. They listen to the TV or read social media and then do as they are told. They don’t stop to think about what they’ve seen or read. Since childhood they have been raised on a steady diet of false info and lies. They are taught that there is no need to think for yourself. You are a winner and a special snowflake. Follow the crowd because they know best. Deny the history that got us here. Make it up as you go along.
edit on 1-8-2021 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

.......yet!

Rainbows
Jane

How ironic, a single fear-invoking little word, followed by a single word invoking hope.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted
Yup!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Yup!

Rainbows
Jane

Why do you want to invoke fear in people that have already taken the vax, since there is nothing to be done now? I also am vaxed, as of Jan. with no side effects at all. 7 months is a long time to wait for complications.

What is your motive, in telling us, essentially , “you’ll be sorry!” ?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The problem with most highly specialized technicians is that while they are normally highly intelligent people; their experience and expertise is very narrow. They often have limited solutions to solving problems presented to them.

Yes; if the whole world, every man, woman and child, masked up and had no human contact for over two weeks we eradicate this disease. They aren't wrong about that.

What they are wrong about is the feasibility of that solution.

This is why you don't put scientists in charge; they aren't equipped to lead ... unfortunately neither are our current leaders apparently.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Interesting earrings she has there.

and a facial expression of the utmost sincerity.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What is your motive, in telling us, essentially , “you’ll be sorry!” ?
But that is not what I said is it?
Please don't put words in my mouth.

People are developing adverse reactions from 3 months upwards, hence the "yet". This meaning by the time their adverse reaction becomes a debilitating physical reaction it can be measured backwards if you will, as in how long the adverse reaction was brewing before it became a problem.
My monosyllabic response to Phage was in part sarcasm. He throws plenty of it towards other posters, so I threw some back. I see you are new here so haven't yet seen more personal responses people make to others.

Rainbows
Jane
PS, may I also suggest that your use of the word fear suggests you have your own concerns over the jab and are now living in hope you wont get any?

edit on am89America/ChicagoSunday2021-08-01T09:58:07-05:0009America/Chicago08000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join