It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance Data Shows White-Tailed Deer Exposed to SARS-CoV-2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Is there a deer whisperer in the house. We need to get those deer to mask up and respect social distancing. Gotta wonder if the great brains in D.C, will come out and say due to covid in deer, hunting season is now officially closed.

Wonder how many other life forms on planet earth now have covid or a test says they do. I can't wait for them to declare fruits and vegetables have become carriers too ! Actually they could if an infectious individual handed you a Potato I suppose. hahaha

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) recently completed a study that analyzed serum samples from free-ranging white-tailed deer for antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Results of the study indicate that certain white-tailed deer populations in Illinois, Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania were exposed to SARS-CoV-2.

Samples were obtained opportunistically as part of wildlife damage management activities conducted by APHIS Wildlife Services across 32 counties in the 4 states. These samples were tested at APHIS’ National Wildlife Research Center and National Veterinary Services Laboratories. Antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 were detected in 33% of the 481 samples collected from January 2020 through 2021. None of the deer populations surveyed showed signs of clinical illness associated with SARS-CoV-2.

www.aphis.usda.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I remember reading last year that someone submitted a
sample from a fruit or vegetable for covid testing.The
results came back as being positive!

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I bow hunt in Hellinois. I don't care if Deer have the rona, I'm hunting!

What's next? The Fish have the rona?

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I have heard earlier that deer were being affected by
some wasting away disease.Hunters' might have to be
very cautious this hunting season.I'm not a hunter and
I don't pretend to be one online either.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Shut down all hunting for your safety.

Or wear a mask when you hunt with a vaccine bullet.

Our government has gotten so stupid.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It's CWD and it's an issue every year. It's not a big deal though, just over hyped.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I have heard earlier that deer were being affected by
some wasting away disease.Hunters' might have to be
very cautious this hunting season.I'm not a hunter and
I don't pretend to be one online either.

I've heard that too

as of January, it was in 25 States

www.cdc.gov...

Read one account where a hunter was stalking a buck, he finally got to where he could see it and while he was watching the deer it began to headbutt a rocky outcropping over and over. He said it didn't stop even after it had cracked its own head open on the side.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Didn't a chap already test a few fruits? And of course they were positive. A quick google would tell me, but it's too much effort right now. reply to: 727Sky

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Cheonicnwasting disease is a problem in deer. It's a lot like mad cow, if I'm not mistaken. Theres been a few cases where I am. But I know some areas are bad with it due to overpopulation. Especially due to removal of predators and a down turn in hunting. I've seen pictures of deer with it. Its absolutely heartbreaking to see an animal afflicted with it. The meat from them is no good either. reply to: mamabeth

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Season opens tomorrow for us here in British Columbia I have my tags and in bush already. I could care less what latest scare tactic they want too use. I’m getting my quota of free meat on the year come hell or the Rona seasonal flu.

Gonna take my chances and enjoy it as I always do!!

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Damn you guys are lucky. Does your season end in December? That's pretty typical end time in the Northern U.S. but we dont start till September. a reply to: SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The MOON 🌝 got rona

Uranus got rona

Rona smaller than The Higgs boson
edit on 31-7-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Jesus, they're spying on the deer now?

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Gotta wonder if the great brains in D.C, will come out and say due to covid in deer, hunting season is now officially closed.
Seems like the exact opposite would be the better solution. We can help them to social distance by killing more of them.

I assume the virus won't survive the cooking process. Just don't eat raw virus.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Jesus, they're spying on the deer now?

They literally head locked deer in a national park, through it in the back of a truck and inserted a camera up its butt and found 18 rona and 253 Higgs boson

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
oh no, not bambi!

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Do you have to be careful to know if diseases are running through wiild animal populations when hunting or does cooking just kill everything?

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, the deer possess antibodies, meaning they had the disease and now have immunity. I give the doe potatoes and carrots, she seems really healthy and although the fawns are not allowed to eat food that I throw out because they are in survival training, they will be eating good this fall. I made a blueberry pie using wild blueberries yesterday, the doe loved it, she ate a quarter of the pie in two different feedings. You have to watch how much highly processed grains you give to the deer, I only give bread made with organic flour to the deer, that store bought bread is not good for them at all. I suppose if it was organic whole grain bread from the store it would be all right though. Just like I make.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just laying the groundwork for 'If you can't hunt the deer the why do you need guns?'

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I remember reading last year that someone submitted a
sample from a fruit or vegetable for covid testing.The
results came back as being positive!

It was the president of Tanzania. He sent samples of a goat, paw paw (fruit), motor oil, and a sheep and they all tested positive for convid. He subsequently fired his head of the national health laboratory.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join