It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World Pandemic Dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have had numerous dreams about an apocalypse over my lifetime, but only one I can recall that involved a disease, although there probably have been a few.

In this particular end of the world dream, I found myself in a post pandemic world where most of the population died from some disease. I don't believe that it was thought to be a bio-weapon, but that it was some natural virus as it rapidly killed off most of the population.

At this point I was a survivor in a small group with a total of three or four people. We were rummaging around the numerous now empty homes as we traveled around. We would encounter a few people here and there who had somehow survived the infection, but who had become deranged, violent and completely insane. They most closely resembled zombies (walking corpses), but were not living dead and didn't require special kill shots to eliminate. However, at that point they were no longer human.

As the dream progressed we began to find that the infected survivors were continuing to change and somehow we acquired information that this pandemic was caused by a virus that arrived on Earth from space, an alien virus.

Toward the end of this dream we entered a warehouse or factory building where infected survivors had morphed into some kind of demons or gargoyles. We observed their activities enough to see they had morphed into a caste system where larger and more hideous demons were in command over other types that were working on some project they were trying to complete.

At this point it was apparent that this alien virus was a method of alien invasion that didn't require travel in space vehicles. Like the panspermia theory or maybe it was purposely directed at Earth. After the infected survivors completely morphed into these demonic aliens, they had fully formed alien bodies complete with the knowledge of their mission to take over our home world.

That dream must be some 30 years old now, but I still recall it now and again. It seems pretty relevant now.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I kid you not, last night I dreamed DB and Augustus took over the world by having DB sit on every leader & politician of every country and smother them. Then the Gunther Clones were released to fill the vast job openings suddenly available.
Edit: And for what it's worth, Global Emperor DB declared every day is Pizza Day, and all donuts were free.

It was weird and funny, though still a dream. A dream at this rate that is on par with Giant Meteor 2020 in terms of being better for the people than the government is, anyway
edit on 7/26/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

RFID brain implant working as designed.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That sounds like the end of the world to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
OP thanks for sharing that

pandemics and apocalypses are on our minds

would make a great movie by the way

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

By any chance had you visited Britain shortly before this dream?

Sounds familiar to me somehow.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That was an awesome dream. I used to have cool dreams like that.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
OP thanks for sharing that

pandemics and apocalypses are on our minds

would make a great movie by the way

When I examine the elements of this dream, I can relate them to a number of science fiction movies. I wish I had dreams like that now, that would be a great movie.

Those elements appear in the following movies . . .

"The Last Man on Earth"
A 1964 black-and-white post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film based on the 1954 novel I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

"The Omega Man"
A 1971 American post-apocalyptic action film directed by Boris Sagal and starring Charlton Heston as a survivor of a global pandemic.

The Omega Man version got me to read "I Am Legend", so these were a big influence as well as the following.

"The Andromeda Strain"
A 1971 American science fiction thriller film produced and directed by Robert Wise. Based on Michael Crichton's 1969 novel of the same name.

Let's not forget, and I really hate to admit to this one, but here you go.

"Gargoyles"
A made-for-television fantasy horror film, directed by Bill Norton, and originally broadcast Tuesday, November 21, 1972 for CBS' The New CBS Tuesday Night

edit on 26-7-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

By any chance had you visited Britain shortly before this dream?

Sounds familiar to me somehow.

No, but I like British Sci-Fi. I don't believe that had any influence.

I would check it out for sure, sounds like it could be a good one.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This sounds pretty similar to the progression of woke-ism.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
That sounds like the end of the world to me.

Lol, I'm still chuckling about it. It was like a Spaceballs kind of levity

Maybe that's the point of dreams? To find a way to process something that bothers someone very deeply or weighs on their mind prominently for some other reason, be it awake or asleep.

I've given this idea thought before, after I noticed how occasionally, after a few days' time post-unpleasant dreams, it seems a weight's suddenly gone & off you that you didn't notice. Now you noticed the lack of it, that sort of feeling. It's like somewhere in the skull mush, something finally figured out what to make of whatever bugged you and filed it appropriately..

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Omega man was great. Ive styled my set up after his. Generators food stores, fuel. Ive got plywood to cover the down stairs windows, and a 12 gage shot gun, magnum slugs, Magnum 00 buck, and a Smith and Wesson 50 cal mag for the zombies with prion brain disease. I loved that movie

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The Omega Man was my fav when i was younger.
I bet i watched that movie 40 times lol
Dang gonna have to find it again.

edit on 26-7-2021 by bluesman462002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

"The Last Man on Earth" starred Vincent Price and it followed the story of the book really well. The "Omega Man" was pretty close, but had more action and a happier ending (I guess you'd say).

Vincent's house and workshop was more realistic and he was more into making wooden stakes to dispatch those who were alive but in later stages of infection.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
The Omega Man was my fav when i was younger.
I bet i watched that movie 40 times lol
Dang gonna have to find it again.

Me too! Maybe tonight!

I watch it every couple of years.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That is kind of like "Childhoods End", mixed with walking dead and I am Legend...

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The British Quatermass series are quite good and your feeling of the eschaton might be matched by "The Quatermass Conclusion", the last of the movies. Also "Quatermass and the pit" is a very good take on ancient astronaut a once living Mars theory.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well the virus in your dream can’t be the current China virus

It’s one of the most harmless viruses in existence

That’s not debated

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Well the virus in your dream can’t be the current China virus

It’s one of the most harmless viruses in existence

That’s not debated

My dream was about a post pandemic world, not necessarily the current on going COVID pandemic world such as now. I couldn't have conceived of such a specific type of pandemic some two years ago much less thirty years ago. So I never meant to imply that this dream was precognitive, although my memory of it lately seems to relate to our current pandemic. If I was dreaming of this pandemic, it was distorted by a distance of three decades in a future I couldn't related to at the time.

My motivation is only to see if anyone else had an end of the world pandemic dream they could relate.
edit on 26-7-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Maybe Covid was used as a dress rehearsal and we found that we failed on every front.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join