It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Delta variant achieves its ultrafast spread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs
a reply to: CthruU
Has humanity not progressed to a point where by we control our own destinies and not let nature dictate this for us?

Now we're appealing to anthropocentric egotism to get people vaccinated?

LOL, no.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
When in history has a virus naturally mutated to become more dangerous/lethal to the host?

Ebola in 2016.
West Nile in 1999.
Second wave of the Spanish flu.

And Ebola has never been more than an outbreak type disease, not even when it was the big scare it was during the Obama admin. The reason is because it works so quickly and kills so efficiently. It also requires specific types of contact in order to spread itself.

Culturally, the US is not conducive to that type of widespread contact except in certain populations like the homeless who may share their IV drug needles, for example.

And for all that West Nile may have gotten worse, it's certainly not something you hear about anymore is it?

The only one that truly achieved widespread pandemic status was the 1918 flu.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

I went toe to toe with the Delta last week — and whooped it’s ass!!

Spent 3 hours in a confined car taking my dad to the doctor to get tested. I wore no mask and he literally touched everything in my car.

He tested positive for the delta delta.

If it’s so dangerous, why didn’t I get it?

Oh yeah, it’s because I didn’t social distance or wear a face diaper the last year and a half.

Immune system = STRONG LIKE BULL!

Give me all your variants. I’ll whoop each and every one of them.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Wouldn't you need to know the number of assymptomatic cases to reach a conclusion on that?

If it becomes more transmissible it would look deadlier if you didn't know the amount of overall cases.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I respectively disagree with your position, as it is truly near sighted and unenlightened. Has humanity not progressed to a point where by we control our own destinies and not let nature dictate this for us? Its ironic, many of you should agree with this. It would be a bit hypocritical if you didnt.

You fight against government from dictating to you, why would you let nature!?!

Let the "In god we trust" fly lol.

They will pick a possible Chinese bio-weapon over a vaccination any day.
Many here love covid, that's why they are so vehement on defending it.
It's sick. They're sick. They want us to get sick from a man made bio weapon..

perverted, it is.

edit on 25-7-2021 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Yea, instead we should listen to the people that may have helped create the bio-weapon, whom are still lying about it, to fix it for us.

We need to do this research in case an individual or government decides to use it as a weapon on the people, for that reason we have chosen to secretly work with the goverment (apart from our own) who would be most likely to use it.

Good call!!

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Erm.......
Here's the latest figures as announced for New South Wales, Australia. 141 people in hospital with C19, 43 of them in ICU. He gives a further breakdown of ages. But the clincher? They are ALL vaccinated bar ONE!
This vaccine is really working innit?
Wouldn't we expect that to be 140 unvaccinated and just 1 vaccinated?
Video of announcement

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

I respectively disagree with your position, as it is truly near sighted and unenlightened. Has humanity not progressed to a point where by we control our own destinies and not let nature dictate this for us? Its ironic, many of you should agree with this. It would be a bit hypocritical if you didnt.

perverted, it is.

The irony is that the scientific leaders since the beginning have been saying it's not a biological weapon it came from the wet market in Wuhan, now some are saying it's a biological weapon. Certainly, you could see the "less informed" than you being a bit puzzled on who to believe.

watch your hospitals and ask your personal doctor

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

LOL!!!

Fiction is fun!

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

And what happened with all three of those examples?

They burned themselves out more quickly.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
With the shut down and masking, we lost our ability to have our immunity evolve along with COVID. That's it plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

perverted, it is.

You are aware that the people who made this nice virus are the same one's telling us it came from bats at some wet market right? And they are the one's who made the "fix". But I'm sure they are totally trustworthy this time.

And the books and systems they all learned from, teach us that natural immunity is the best defense against this, but you have to get the virus first. Well, many of us have now. But we are being told we need to get some shot that we don't know what's in it or how it may effect us 10 years from now.

Will you go on record guaranteeing that no harm will come to anyone in the future due to the vaccine? Leaving yourself open for lawsuits over that aspect, since the vaccine makers already have immunity. (legal that is)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: ketsuko

Erm.......
Here's the latest figures as announced for New South Wales, Australia. 141 people in hospital with C19, 43 of them in ICU. He gives a further breakdown of ages. But the clincher? They are ALL vaccinated bar ONE!
This vaccine is really working innit?
Wouldn't we expect that to be 140 unvaccinated and just 1 vaccinated?
Video of announcement

Rainbows
Jane

we are told the opposite. No proof mind you, just told. But it's different down there, like how the water spins backwards and the spiders are as big as dingos. (that will eat your baby)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Delta behaves like the common cold, same symptoms, different from the original covid when it came out back last year, yes like the cold it spreads fast but like a cold most people will ride it all on their own.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

To my understanding, viruses will mutate greater transmissibility and lower lethality so they don't burn themselves out too quickly. Kill the host too fast, it can't incubate and spread.

I guess Ebola didn't get the memo...lol

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

To my understanding, viruses will mutate greater transmissibility and lower lethality so they don't burn themselves out too quickly. Kill the host too fast, it can't incubate and spread.

Well stupid is giving it a helping hand with Bush meat and kissing dead bodies

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Ebola is very different than the types of viruses were talking about in coronaviruses and flus, etc. For one thing, it requires that it stays moist, so that makes any kind of airborne transmissibility problematic. There are raft of mutations it would have to undergo to make that really possible.

Then you have to consider that it's a really, really BIG virus which also works against airborne transmissibility. So we're looking at even more mutations to work around that problem ...

Any time we're talking about a case of Ebola that's been airborne, we're always talking about someone who has been flat out sprayed on with infectious fluid like a bloody cough or vomit or something like that. We're not talking about sitting on the same plane as someone who has been sneezing steadily and having that spray recirculated through the air system.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Getting an early version of the virus first would be better, because the body would have learned to fight it with the slower reproduction of the virus. If you had it already, you will have a better chance of building a faster response to the Delta because your body has learned more on how to deal with it throughout the innate and antigen immune system. Now getting the Delta virus now means our immune systems won't have as much time to figure it out and it spreads easier. Not necessarily more dangerous for most people because of it's strong relationship to the common cold which the body knows how to fight...but more people infected quickly the more will suffer. My body knows how to handle the cold viruses and the cat coronaviruses, which do offer protection somewhat. I may have had this virus, it would be nice to get a test done for antigens but none locally without spending a couple hundred bucks and I know lots of ways to disable this virus and have been using these food and herb chemistries for years to control my epilepsy....

I am more concerned about getting a vaccine which contains ingredients that I know I am intolerant to than getting this virus. I don't want to put myself in jeopardy though, I am not going to purposely go out in crowded places to test this virus, even a mild case of it would suck.

Others need to make their decisions on vaccination on their own, they know more about their health history and food and chemical intolerances than someone who does not live in their household. I told my wife she would probably benefit by the vaccine but also advised her to get the J&J and she already had known that is what she wanted, she had already made an opinion against the mRNA vaccines from talking to her friends, all in their sixties like we are.
edit on 25-7-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Sounding a little manic, pal. Just go get your booster shot every day from Walgreens you'll be fine don't worry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join