It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How unique Oregon law prevents COVID-19 vaccine mandates for health care workers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Supermarkets don't deliver food in the US, really?

a reply to: TruthJava

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am sure that there is plenty of employment that does not require vax proof.

Picking grapes?

Digging holes or ditches?

Spinning a sign outside of a business?

Scraping the insides of septic tanks?

Cleaning up under pig farm grates?

Sewer work?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havamal
I think that "forced" and required are different words.

Yes, they are two different words. That much is so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. But, they are two different words that mean essentially the same thing. And that is obvious to me. Why is it not so obvious to you? But you'll go to your grave denying it, won't you? Wake up and seek some counseling so that you can accept reality and stop living in your deluded shell. This kind of thing will not end well. That much is obvious as well. At least to me it is.
edit on 19-7-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Don't you seriously think that if we would have ever needed it, we would have introduced it by now? We never needed it, but now we do. We're trying to point out that change and the reasons behind it. Sudden drastic changes like this don't just happen out of the blue. There's always something behind it, driving it. But some people have to derail that point for some reason and ignore the reason behind these forced changes, that are always for the worse. Can you, personally, not see this? Just answer "yes, you do understand there's something in the background causing these drastic changes and they're not good for society" or say "no, I like not having to think for myself and letting somebody else control my life." Any other answer will mean that you're all right with letting others dictate how you're going to live your life.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I am sure that there is plenty of employment that does not require vax proof.

Picking grapes?

Digging holes or ditches?

Spinning a sign outside of a business?

Scraping the insides of septic tanks?

Cleaning up under pig farm grates?

Sewer work?

Are you saying that there will not be a single new business from here on out that adds the vaccine requirement to work there? Because that sounds like what you're saying. I think there will be a whole lot more businesses adopt this requirement.

Edit to add:
Because if you could guarantee no more businesses will adopt the vaccine requirement, that would be great!
edit on 19-7-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added an afterthought.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just asked for confirmation that in the US supermarkets.dont do online ordering and delivery.

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Yes, they are two different words. That much is so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. But, they are two different words that mean essentially the same thing. And that is obvious to me. Why is it not so obvious to you? But you'll go to your grave denying it, won't you? Wake up and seek some counseling so that you can accept reality and stop living in your deluded shell. This kind of thing will not end well. That much is obvious as well. At least to me it is.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sorry that some people cannot understand the different meanings of " forced" and "required."

Forced involves force, required is an element of basic employment, as in "you are required to have a college degree with five years experience in the field of engineering."

If you think that "required" is unfair, go back to school or get the experience. Some jobs require you have a car. Some require you pass a drug test. Some require no criminal background.

The employer is telling you up front what they require.

Seems fair.

Can't pass a drug test, got a record, no degree, well then why apply.

The employer is under no obligation to hire drug addicts, criminals or low educated workers.

It is called free market. USA was built upon it.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Kroger will deliver. But you best not order any produce. If you do, you're liable to get the crappy vegetables that no one at the store buys. You can even make it a contact-less delivery and they'll drop all the groceries at your doorstep.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I just asked for confirmation that in the US supermarkets.dont do online ordering and delivery.

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

They do, and have done so for over 60 years I used to deliver when I was 16. 59 now.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

You.. have a very small mind my friend. If no one hires without the jab then you are forced out of work or Forced to get the jab. This breaks patient and doctor confidentiality agreement which has been in place for decades.

Legally under that law alone as well as discrimination laws you can sue whoever rejects you from not revealing this information especially if you are overqualified. As your medical history and background out side of criminal is none of their damn business. Unless YOU choose to share.

They are not allowed at all to request this information period.

edit on 19-7-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow

You.. have a very small mind my friend. If no one hires without the jab then you are forced out of work or Forced to get the jab. This breaks patient and doctor confidentiality agreement which has been in place for decades.

Legally under that law alone as well as discrimination laws you can sue whoever rejects you from not revealing this information even if you are overqualified. As your medical history and background out side of criminal is none of their damn business. Unless YOU choose to share.

They are not allowed at all to request this information period.

If you are so certain, then sue. It looks like you think it will be a slam dunk. Get some easy money.

Fun story - had an employee who worked for me for 1 day. My company. He came in early and we talked. Seemed normal. By noon one of the coders came into my office and asked me to see something.

The new guy had crapped his pants and was pulling it out of his pants and putting it in a small waste basket.

I cleared the entire office, gave them the day off, then called the police to get him out. I had to look around a bit to get a business who deals with cleaning up human waste. They came in and really did a good job, but the office still got the next day off.

It is called safety for your employees. I lost some money on that episode, but would still do the same today.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Great story. Sounds like a lie

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

That law will be repealed in 3..2..1..

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No one is "forced" to get a vax.your job may require it, but no one is forced to work at any job. This is the US.don't like the job, quit.

For anyone in healthcare it's not like changing companies. You would have to change careers, even when you absolutely love what you do.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
So if my company says I have to wear a suit to work, and I want to wear a thong, I can say

"But, but, but, I absolutely love what I do?"

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04
So if my company says I have to wear a suit to work, and I want to wear a thong, I can say

"But, but, but, I absolutely love what I do?"

Can a suit kill you?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

In Québec, premier Legault signed a decree stating doctors DO NOT need to receive the vaccine.

It tells you all you need to know, if you ask me... For the other health workers, they can choose between getting the jab, or getting tested 3 times a week...

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I plan on writing a book

A sociological/psychological study and ATS has material galore.

(Anyone interested in a collaboration is free to pm me!)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No one is "forced" to get a vax.your job may require it, but no one is forced to work at any job.

I have to wear a suit and tie at work. Part of the job. If I don't want to I can quit or get fired.

Thumbing through my handbook of logical fallacies.... Hmmm. Here we go! False analogy.

APPLES: Your suit and tie requiring employer is not superceding federal law by making certain attire a condition of employment. It is within the employer's purview to do this. They are not violating an individual right with the requirement.

ORANGES: The C19 injection, while in EUA status, carries a federal legal and medical ethics caveat, that a person must consent to receive it and has an absolute right to refuse it. A private entity should not be able to override federal law and individual medical consent principles while this thing is EUA.

DANG NEAR ORANGES: Heck, with the logical used in the quote above, next it'll be OK for an employer to mandate women take birth control while in their employ because one pregnant person requires far more time off than one typical person with COVID. Heck, cumulatively, the time off for one pregnancy may exceed the time off required for 4-5 people to recover from COVID.

Of course... this is in no kind of way OK as it tramples quite a few individual rights.... same as making the C19 injection a condition of employment at its current stage of authorization.

A private entity being able to make giving up a federally proscribed individual liberty to chose not to take the C19 injection while it is in EUA status is not at all the same a mandate dictating what clothes one has to wear at work.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

I plan on writing a book

A sociological/psychological study and ATS has material galore.

(Anyone interested in a collaboration is free to pm me!)

OMG

We are so weird.

Awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join