It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time Mountain Monsters view

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
After all this time, I went ahead and watched an episode of "Mountain Monsters". It reminded of a hillbilly version of "Scooby Doo" LOL šŸ˜. I wonder what the intent of this show is?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wonder what the point of you making this "thread" was.

Three sentences. Nice.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

edit on 7-18-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have been watching "Mountain Monsters" since day 1 .
I find it entertaining and have learned the names of cryptids I had never heard of .
A couple of seasons before John "Trapper" Tyce passed away , it had become more of a "soap opera" .
The new episodes seem to be a return to the old-style .
In my opinion , it never was meant to be serious.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Actually the reply I got from Gothmog was the point of this thread.

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

I guess they should have been the OP in that case.

Just saying. Sorry. Cheers.

edit on 7-18-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I find it entertaining and have learned the names of cryptids I had never heard of .
A couple of seasons before John "Trapper" Tyce passed away , it had become more of a "soap opera" .

I own every season and literally watch the show constantly. I discovered it one day I was home sick with flu and it happened to come on while I was laid out on couch and I was hooked. Show is obviously faker than WWE, but entertaining as heck.

The first couple of seasons were the best. The show jumped the shark with that weird story line the last few seasons with the Rogue Team or whatever and never seemed to recover. They need to get back to the basics.

I was also a fan of Alaska Monsters... same schtick in Alaska. They also had one called Swamp Monsters in Louisiana but that only lasted one season.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I own every season and literally watch the show constantly. I discovered it one day I was home sick with flu and it happened to come on while I was laid out on couch and I was hooked. Show is obviously faker than WWE, but entertaining as heck.

The first couple of seasons were the best. The show jumped the shark with that weird story line the last few seasons with the Rogue Team or whatever and never seemed to recover. They need to get back to the basics.

I was also a fan of Alaska Monsters... same schtick in Alaska. They also had one called Swamp Monsters in Louisiana but that only lasted one season.

I will see your shows and raise you 2 more .
Swamp Monsters and Monsters Underground.
I don't own any (at least yet) , however , I have XFinity on Demand . I cannot tell you how many times I have done a binge watch of all episodes.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

edit on 7/18/21 by Gothmog because: Not worth the time and effort for this one .

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I find it entertaining

this is your answer.

ps. your not gonna find answers from a clown who calls himself 'moneymaker'
edit on 18-7-2021 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
One more post :
If you have time make sure you watch the episode about the "Snallygaster" (I think that's the way it is spelled)
You won't regret it.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

One more post :
If you have time make sure you watch the episode about the "Snallygaster" (I think that's the way it is spelled)
You won't regret it.

I'm kind of partial to the lizard demon....

Seriously... when the show kept it simple. This is the cryptid. Willie is going to throw together some redneck trap. Find monster. Whoop and holler in the woods. Get to the trap and the sucker somehow escaped.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
After all this time, I went ahead and watched an episode of "Mountain Monsters". It reminded of a hillbilly version of "Scooby Doo" LOL šŸ˜. I wonder what the intent of this show is?

As a media geek [iatse] that has worked on countless "reality shows" like always the intent is making money.

We know exactly who the trailer trash are that love this kind of sh!t. And buy the products advertised.

Scripted and produced for a targeted audience. Capitalism media style....
edit on 18-7-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

As a media geek [iatse] that has worked on countless "reality shows" like always the intent is making money.

We know exactly who the trailer trash are that love this kind of sh!t. And buy the products advertised.

Scripted and produced for a targeted audience.

And , I don't care.
I like it .

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Scripted and produced for a targeted audience.

And , I don't care.
I like it .

fantastic...

Then you might like this one...one of my first gigs on a "reality show"..

cheap to produce, quick and dirty the American way. It's not Breaking Bad....

Union Proud, Union Strong...
edit on 18-7-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
No one will likely get this, but there was a episode where they were a in a 4x4 flying like a bat out of hell through the woods at night, and were suddenly "attacked" by a monster. All I could think of was Soupy Sales and White Fang.

The camera crew spends all their time on getting reaction shots from the hillbillies. I mean, turn 90 degrees and show me what's attacking them. And of course they never do, because it's likely a member of the crew wearing a couple of bath mats. And yet, I can't not watch.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
No one will likely get this, but there was a episode where they were a in a 4x4 flying like a bat out of hell through the woods at night, and were suddenly "attacked" by a monster. All I could think of was Soupy Sales and White Fang.

The camera crew spends all their time on getting reaction shots from the hillbillies. I mean, turn 90 degrees and show me what's attacking them. And of course they never do, because it's likely a member of the crew wearing a couple of bath mats. And yet, I can't not watch.

I believe that was the "Snalleygaster" episode that I mentioned earlier . They got "surrounded" by those pterodactyl like creatures and decided to get the funk out. One landed on top of the 4x4 as they were running off.
That's most of why the show is "entertaining" .

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Entertainment. Fake. Scripted.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Entertainment. Fake. Scripted.

Yup, and like a plate of Creamed-chipped-beef-on-toast (known in some parts as "S.O.S."), I know it's not good for me, but I just can't resist!

Love that show!

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I agree with that.

a reply to: Rikku

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I will thank you. It was funny, but I thought maybe they were not trying to be. I only watched one episode however.

a reply to: Gothmog

top topics

<<   2 >>

join