It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know the Middle Class is getting Welfare Benefit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

This is what is wrong with the US.
We love to compare things that aren't really comparable.
If I give someone an orange for free that is not the same as giving someone a ten cent discount on an apple they pay a premium price for.
Unfortunately, a lot of people do think it's the same.

Credit scores doesn't mean you are rich or poor. Rich people can have really bad ones and poor people can still have good ones. Mine fluctuates between 810 and 820 any given week because I use credit for everything. My 21 year-old son is still 780 because he works hard to manage it. In the end yes I can get a zero interest loan while a poor person with poor credit can only do cash, which they don't have, or something like rent to own and pay 4 times the value of the item.

Tax deductions is totally different than tax credits. I get like zero tax credits.... I pay still about 40k in fed taxes at the end of the day, and if you look at the top ten things rich people can use to lower their taxes most are laughable to suggest only they get it like Mortgage interest and Retirement savings.

BTW about 50% of America pay little or no fed taxes, but make money every year off the tax credits. Poor and have 4 kids is a cool 10,000 of free money from the IRS alone.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

It's simple, you shouldn't be struggling yourself after you helped others. It only makes sense to help others if you're not becoming a person in need after it, financially.

You can't help others then and become someone in need yourself if you would do that. For example if you constantly help someone out that just can't be trusted with money to be spent wise, you're going broke too if it's done mindless and just for the cause.

Then we have two people in trouble.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Then we have two people in trouble.

Thank you.

I know this. Among my various and sundry jobs, I was a Red Cross Certified Life Guard. There's a funny story about that.

I took the class on water safety in Summer Camp and passed. The instructor's license to certify was expired. I took the class in High School and passed. The PhysEd teacher's license to certify was expired. When I once again took the course in college I asked the instructor to show me his license to certify before changing into my swimsuit.

Number one rule: If you can't save that person, don't jump in and become another in need of rescue.

That's why I keep a cash cushion. It helps me sleep at night.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Certified CMAS diver with rescue course.

You knock them out of they become a danger to you. I was tought to rather drag out a lifeless person than me being the next victim. You can tend to his wounds when you're both safe, just don't kill the person.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

My instructor said something like:
"I'm sure you've seen people knocking people out in movies. Don't try that. It isn't as easy as they make it look. Keep your distance."

He showed us how to dive at a distance from the victim, swim up from under them, and place a calming hand on their leg, then judge by their reaction whether or not it's safe to proceed.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes it isn't easy and I did not have to do it yet.

Actually that's the last resort advice for someone that begins to panic when you're already have the person in tow. Depending on the type of tow, foot to ear or back to chest, there are possibilities.

The situations are so different for each case that there is no golden rule.

Last resort of rescue is resuscitation procedures. You know what I imply, IDK if I could do it. Waiting for someone to drown to be able to pick the person up. It's the last resort when it comes to don't become a victim yourself. It's all easy in theory, but in reality there are obstacles and currents.

We trained with diving gear so the situations we trained for were diving specific. Means we normally have a inflateable jacket that can keep us from being pressed under water, at least it makes it hard and you pop up naturally, should someone clinche in panic to you and use you as a life boat in their panic.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

edit on 17-7-2021 by pthena because: Chickened Out

top topics

<< 1   >>

join