It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the current vacines fail, would you ? "CRISPR 'breakthrough' for Covid treatment"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It isn't new at all, crispr sequences were first observed in the eighties.
You can take any article on it from before 2020 and they will all tell you the same thing, that we are a long way from safely using it on people. Scientist in France had approval once to test on terminally ill children with cancer. They all died from the treatment, because wrong genes became targeted .

I think it has great potential, if researched properly.... but there is a race going on and many impatient scientists and pharmaceuticals

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

sounds great! (if it's safe)

How about an army of soldiers with super human strength that never gets tired and never feels fear?
Let's add night vision to that, the ability to turn off pain or hunger,...

The possibilities are many but I doubt you and I are the first ones that are going to benefit from it.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
a reply to: JAGStorm

sounds great! (if it's safe)

How about an army of soldiers with super human strength that never gets tired and never feels fear?
Let's add night vision to that, the ability to turn off pain or hunger,...

The possibilities are many but I doubt you and I are the first ones that are going to benefit from it.

China already has super soldiers.
We know that mother nature has a wicked sense of humor, so strength in one area means weakness somewhere else.
Maybe they are like the hulk, but the scent of a rose gives them uncontrollable sneezing fits. Or maybe their eyes are so sharp but can't take a flashlight.
We'll see we'll see (probably in our lifetime unfortunately)

It makes me think of the actress Meghan Fox, gorgeous girl right? Have you seen her thumbs? Like I said Mother nature has a sense of humor!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

When the next high-mortality disease comes to America, I'll let you know. Corona19 wasn't it.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I would be extremely hesitant to try this. It's great in theory, but I would need to do a lot of research and see a lot of data.

Exactly - and precisely why I (and those that I know) are not taking these jabs.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I know how you feel about the covax,

but what if eventually, they do bring a crispr vax on the market, put it through a big media hype and convince the public that it's safe. The majority of people won't have a clue about where the technology was today.

All I'm saying is that a good hype and a few important individuals backing up a 'cure'.... maybe you will react the same way then, as you do now.

mrna back in 2018, they said it would take years to develop save meds and that it needed years more testing. 2 years later, the whole world takes it.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I can't do anything about what other people think, I don't care what the media says, and hype matters not.

Data, facts, that's what will interest me.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

SIGN ME UP!!
Heck to the YEAH!

BUT... I also want
-new teeth
-above human vision
-athletic abs
-resistance to mosquito bites

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's more.

Which to me brings up a broader point for me at least and maybe some others. If I'm gonna tamper with chit I want a bigger return than what this vaccine is offering.

Like Christopher Walken said what kind of superpower would he want he said "He would want a tail like a cat" so people would know when he was angry

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
NO- i don't think there is a need for that although that may end up being a fantastic treatment for some diseases later( even Covid)... US doctors and other countries are already using AVAILABLE treatments to combat those few with severe complications. we know the names of these treatments. They want to FACT CHECK your TEXT MESSAGES so you don't mention these treatments, Youtube will shut you DOWN if you mention these treatments. Your twitter handle will be revoked if you mention these treatments. Our immune systems are wonderful if we take care of them. What are you eating? Do you exercise regularly? people get off diabetes treatments , high blood pressure meds etc.by changing these 2 things alone !! FACT CHECK THIS.... the current MRNA vaccines(NONE OF THEM) are not approved by the crooked FDA (yet)

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I won't take their help unless my life is in immediate danger.
I don't thrust the pharmaceutical industry...
What do you expect in a profit driven economic system where money is made off of sick and not healty people?

Arms dealer don't trive in a peaceful society, neither do snake oil salesman in a healty one.

The movie is good the facts are there, but I found it had too much opinions, and emotions. Not unexpected coming from Netflix.

Something I took away from that movie is, that It's always the same thing with humans and new technology.

whenever we access new technology which gives us the ability to make a choice we couldn't make before, we tend to decline it at first.

Afterall how could any of us know what God would have decided, when that decision was still made by God?

Now me, a little ant in the greater scheme gets to make that decision, one I never had to bother about.
That is rater overwhelming... At first!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I felt a bit the same the first time I watched the movie.

This evening I watched it again with my (fully vaccinated) family, because I wanted them to know what crispr is about should it turn up in the media.

They were speechless and said they didn't have a clue about what science can already do with our dna. They discussed it for a long time afterwards and all decided that humanity is not ready to have this kind of technology at hand. They talked about the issue of overpopulation, should we become able to eliminate diseases, etc.

Then I showed them the article in the OP ... and suddenly (to my surprise) they thought that was just wonderful and wouldn't hesitate to take such vaccine if it makes them 100% immune to Covid.

And that will be exactly how most people will react, especially if there is a media hype.

I don't know... now I'm just speechless... maybe I really am the crazy one!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My friend is in ICU right now with trouble breathing from Covid. Other than that he appears well in pics. His wife had a mild case of Covid. Were they Jabbed-Don't know for sure, but I doubt it. Anyway, here is his post updating his condition and what his doctor said. I know no other info other than what is in this post. I found it strange and may explain why some get it worse than others. My friend had no underlying conditions that I'm aware of. Just a healthy mid forties male. His Post:
Wanted to share a quick update with everyone. I am still so very overwhelmed with the amount of people that have called, texted, prayed, still praying, sending encouragement, and cheering me on through this difficult time. I found out today that one of the reasons my condition got so severe so quickly is that my body didn't ever trigger itself to start producing antibodies and still hasn't. The doc said that is the first time he has ever seen this happen (leave it to me to throw in a curve ball).

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
CRISPR is cool tech with huge potential.

Like anything else, it's how we use it that counts.

I'm not interested in anything that's not thoroughly researched and tested beforehand.

Lot's of good info in this thread, I'll hafta do more reading about it.

Not interested in their new industry that's being built around C19.

But the tech is interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join