It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lethal Mini "Grenade" Drones That Can Attack In Swarms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Came across these little futuristic blighters that can ruin people and places in a somewhat diabolical manner.

They reminded of the movie "Barbwire" where a smart grenade followed Barbwires solider grunt brother back to his trench which he unfortunately did not dig deep enough.

We really do love to devise new and interesting ways to destroy ourselves.

Im thinking the era of weaponised miniature drones is upon us and i can only imagine what a cluster of these could to do to a battle line or worse let lose in an urban environment.

eurasiantimes.com... AR3nQlos0um_zzStW9o9B4N70d7_6pLfWKzXixAJYcB2ZESzQtgisquOBZI

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Im stupid but it seems that although it seems terrifying on the surface, the payload area is tiny. What is it going to drop?

A single grenade?

Might as well use that grenade launcher to launch an actual grenade.

Edit to say i reread the print. Thats terrifying.

But I still think it seems too tiny.

a reply to: andy06shake

edit on 13/7/2021 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The data sheet advertising the drone's features is crazy. It's like they're advertising a camera or something. One of the features is "swarming" !!

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

We really do love to devise new and interesting ways to destroy ourselves.

Im thinking the era of weaponised miniature drones is upon us and i can only imagine what a cluster of these could to do to a battle line or worse let lose in an urban environment.

I love technology, but I get wholeheartedly what you are saying here.

Let's hope mini commercial drones don't graduate to this size and concept.

edit on 13-7-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

A single grenade can make a hell of a mess if it explodes in the correct place, now picture 100s, 1000s, or even 10s of thousands of these things all going off at once.

You could theoretically set fire to an entire city, the possibilities regarding the nefarious nasty things that could be achieved with weaponised programable drones that can operate independently or in a group are almost to numerous to count.

Imagine if some terrorist got a hold of an artic lorry full of those thing and released them en masse in the middle of rush hour traffic or outside a stadium filled to the brim with people.

"It’s not the size of the sword but the fury in the attack." Confucius.
edit on 13-7-2021 by andy06shake because: Ma bad spelling.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ Z Z Z Z Z Z B@-...

Target wouldnt know what hit them.
This isnt made for taking out groups, we already have drone strikes for that.
This is for assassinating a single target, and its scary.
In a few years these things will be fully automated, choosing their own targets.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You could theoretically set fire to an entire city

Totally reminded me of Genghis Khan, never underestimate the use of "small" things.

historyofyesterday.com...

The hapless bird lets out a shriek before flying towards the city. Following that, the Mongol army sets 10,000 swallows on fire and releases them.
Their deafening cries of pain filled the night sky as they rush towards the city.
The city burns.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I think it's getting to the point where drone swarms are starting to worry me more than nuclear weapons. There's a pretty good chance we won't nuke eachother and if we do, well it'll hopefully be quick. Ai driven drone swarms though....

Just look how #ty facial recognition technology actually is. I actually doubt military technology is ahead of big tech in that kind of thing. Meaning, these drones operate off the same kind of lousy facial recognition tech that memes get made from.

That's horrifying.

The amount of civilian casualties and false positives from this kind of technology is going to be terrible.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Did you know that if the USA had not drop nukes on Japan there were plans to actually decimate there cities with incendiary exploding bat bombs.

They managed to set fire to an entire airbase by accident with only a few of the weaponised little critters that escaped proving the idea was at least theoretically viable if somewhat a tad dangerous to arm the things and get them on target.
edit on 13-7-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It says they use GPS. Scramble GPS frequencies and they are lost. Really dumb to tell everyone how to disable them right in the sales brochure.

It is not a secret after you brag about it.
edit on 7 13 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Reminds me of that "Metal Storm" grenade launcher.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Im stupid but it seems that although it seems terrifying on the surface, the payload area is tiny. What is it going to drop?

A single grenade?

Might as well use that grenade launcher to launch an actual grenade.

Edit to say i reread the print. Thats terrifying.

But I still think it seems too tiny.

Imagine a semtex or cubane core with maybe 100 flechettes, anti-personnel, firing +/- 2 degrees from horizontal in a 360 degree pattern. Every seen a Betty go off, just forget the "poof" and the kick, and go with the shred? Like that, just maybe 10 - 100 at the same time. A real crowd "pleaser."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Possibly.

However some cruise missiles use the military's network of GPS satellites and they seem to find there targets with very high accuracy.

You would think if it was simply a matter of jamming or to scramble there GPS frequencies then they would miss there intended targets and coordinates a whole lot more considering both weapons systems share similar targeting systems.

If im honest through i don't know much about signal jamming or EM warfare all the same.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well that would be strawberry jam all round and make a hell of a mess i imagine.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Fair points!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ouch ...dont even want to picture

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

A single grenade?

Here is a scene to illustrate (yeah, its a movie, but it depicts why this is so damn scary):

Crap, won't play embedded, you'll have to watch on screwtube...

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Imagine a hostage situation where these can be equipped with flash bang grenades. They can be guided into place and detonated by command, confusing and disorienting the hostage takers increasing the chances of a successful rescue.

As far as dropping the atomic bombs on Japan is concerned, the number of people killed in the Tokyo firestorm is never mentioned. It was greater than the casualties at Hiroshima or Nagasaki. If we wouldn't have dropped the bombs the same was in store for both of those cities.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nothing to imagine. If anyone wants to see this tech depicted on screen then all you have to do is watch that 2019 gerard butler movie with morgan freeman, Angel Has Fallen(the second one). I never finished it but remember thinking the drone concept was totally on point and merely scratching the surface of what is already happening.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

That's terrifying.

You know if it's in a film they have had even better ones for decades.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join