It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we have passports for only one disease?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: aristorat

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: We have more diseases but no passports. Whats next? Ebola, HIV passports...

Do we have vaccines for those?

No. Thats even more interesting since they are more lethal than Covid. Example Ebola. No cure. Yet no passports.

Why dont we have tests for Ebola?

Someone in an area that has ebola, just can't travel. No passport required. they are quarantined.

Someone in an area that has ebole, do get tested.

?

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
What are you taking about.

In the past I had a vaccination passport. You try travelling through Asia or Africa without one during the 70s and 80s and you would not get very far.

Just during the last few decades we have bought so many deadly pathogens under control, they have not been needed.

Maybe you need to learn some basic history around this topic before asking questions that make you look ignorant.

a reply to: aristorat

In case you haven't noticed the 80's was decades ago.
Who are you to call anyone ignorant?
There's nothing the matter with asking questions.any questions.
Just because the branch covidians like you will do anything you can to try normalise the nonsense doesn't make it right.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You are either a liar. Or you went after the 80s.

I would put my money on liar.
Jesus Christ,what is your obsession with the 80's?
It is not the 80's anymore,it is 2021.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Seriously. I've never had to have a vaccine passport to go to any country I've been to. That being said I do not go to African or South American countries because I have no business need, nor really a personal desire to visit them with the exception of Peru. Which if or when I get the opportunity to go, I'll get vaccinated against Yellow Fever because of one reason only.

A safe and effective yellow fever vaccine has been available for more than 80 years.

80 years, I know what I'm getting myself into with this vaccine, long term is a known at this point.

As for other vaccines, I've taken them when I travel to countries that do have recommended vaccinations because once again, these are vaccines that have been tested and long term impact is known.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

What are you taking about.

In the past I had a vaccination passport. You try travelling through Asia or Africa without one during the 70s and 80s and you would not get very far.

Just during the last few decades we have bought so many deadly pathogens under control, they have not been needed.

Maybe you need to learn some basic history around this topic before asking questions that make you look ignorant.

In case you haven't noticed the 80's was decades ago.
Who are you to call anyone ignorant?
There's nothing the matter with asking questions.any questions.
Just because the branch covidians like you will do anything you can to try normalise the nonsense doesn't make it right.

It didn't stop in the 80s. I needed to prove that I was vaccinated and didn't have a whole bunch of diseases last time I applied residency permit. TB, various STD, all kinds of things. You need things like this for all kinds of countries, and the longer you stay the more you need.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Yellow Fever is required for entry into many countries.

Example?

www.passporthealthglobal.com...

Ok. We now we become 3rd world countries and accepting their practice.

Didn't Trump complain bitterly that US border control wasn't checking people for communicable diseases at the border with Mexico?

If the US had vaccine passports do you think that there would be constant measles's outbreaks in California?

These countries aren't backwards, they're ahead of the curve. They're trying to maintain bio-security at their borders and aren't fighting ridiculous liberals who say that it's discrimination to make sure that foreign national don't bring diseases into the country.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I've been to a bunch of different countries and never even heard of any "vaccine passports."
They just stamped my passport.
Looks like a bunch of people that want to punish Trumpfans on here.
The usual suspects.
Catch themselves on fire if it means they can burn their sworn enemies.
Lmao
Maybe you guys should check out Chinas system.
It's pretty wonderful.
A wet dream of the techno-prison oligarchs.
Just wait until next cycle when they pretend to be right wing.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Last time I went on a cruise, it was before passports were required to hit up the Bahamas (so early Aughts) From Florida next door (I took a weekender cruise, it was awesome)

I also didn't have to pony up any vax info at all. Bahamas was playin' fast & wild back then, yo.

Also been to Ontario a few times back in the 90's on family RV trips. Never needed paperwork of any kind --passport or vax -- then for entry into Canada, either.

The world didn't fall apart then with lax entry requirements back then. People seem to conveniently forget that, despite living through the time frame, or totally forget traveling to the same places under the same ease as I did. Or are just outright lying.
edit on 6/18/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Faeded
You are a brainwashed egotastical IDIOT

a reply to: thedeadtruth

Agree. Big time.
Hence why they probably just share their "extreme intelligence" here.
Where thry are nonymous and safe.
Wouldn't fly irl.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's a massive leap in reality to try and push vaccine passports or ANY type of new passport to enter businesses within the US. This isn't some "reasonable" new protocol.
It is highly illegal and being pushed through private entities like Ticketmaster.
Constitutional protections need extended to businesses now that the lines between the gov and them have been blurred.
Not a good direction.
It's every bit a situation that could easily to a social credit scoring police state China model.
...as intended

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Red Herring.

But what trail are they diverting you from? 🤣

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It's like a Trout Stamp on your fishing license 😎

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You are either a liar. Or you went after the 80s.

I would put my money on liar.

Why are you so angry?

Showing proof of vaccination for the coronavirus to go to another country is like having to show proof that you've been vaccinated for the cold or flu. It's retarded.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I bet you'd change your tune if it were announced that a lot of the Covid in the US was linked to people crossing the border from Mexico.

Trump himself decried the fact that there weren't more checks on the border for communicable diseases.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
It's a massive leap in reality to try and push vaccine passports or ANY type of new passport to enter businesses within the US. This isn't some "reasonable" new protocol.
It is highly illegal and being pushed through private entities like Ticketmaster.
Constitutional protections need extended to businesses now that the lines between the gov and them have been blurred.
Not a good direction.
It's every bit a situation that could easily to a social credit scoring police state China model.
...as intended

Shouldn't it be up to the individual company to set its own entry policies, rather having it dictated from above?

I swear, conservatives are starting to sound a lot like liberals right now. You're effectively promoting some kind of back-door anti-discrimination legislation that would tie a business's hands and prevent them from policing their own property because the state doesn't want to hurt the feelings of anti-vaxxers.

Think of this as being a dress code. Businesses should be free to say No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service, and to police this any way that they like so long as it doesn't discriminate against somebody with a protected characteristic. Just like they should be able to say not shot, no service or no mask no service.

It's about freedom and personal choice. Nobody is forcing you to go into that business, but you want to force yourself on that business?

That doesn't sound fair, does it.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: LSU2018

I bet you'd change your tune if it were announced that a lot of the Covid in the US was linked to people crossing the border from Mexico.

Trump himself decried the fact that there weren't more checks on the border for communicable diseases.

There's a huge difference between being tested and getting an unproven vaccination. People still catch it and die if you don't remember. Side effects are even worse than the ones we make jokes about on TV commercials because you'd rather have the headache than the compulsive desire to gamble, spend money, kill yourself, etc., as a side effect.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Some countries have required vaccinations as a condition of entry for diseases other than Covid for quite some time now:

www.nhs.uk...
edit on 18-6-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Some businesses already say "no mask no service". When I come across one, I get back in my truck and drive to another store. Hospitals/Dr. Offices are the only exceptions I'll personally make.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: chr0naut

Some countries have required vaccinations as a condition of entry for diseases other than Covid for quite some time now:

www.nhs.uk...

The vaccinations for those diseases have been around long enough to know there aren't long term effects or harmful side effects.

I think the biggest issue with the corona vax is that it was pushed so quickly on us, there have been tons of bad experiences after receiving it, and if you want to go visit somewhere nice to get away after being locked away for a year, you MUST get it or else you're going nowhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Which countries if you don't mind my asking? I've been all over the world and have never had to show proof, this is with extended stays (6+ months) in some instances. The only time any health screening was needed was when I was helping out an oil company and had to go to an offshore rig for a few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join