It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America following what Japan is doing about international travel to America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm curious since I don't live there, but one never knows if travel is in the wind for them.

Here's a read on entry to Japan. I think Japan's policy is quite sane actually.

www.mofa.go.jp...

For the time being, foreign nationals who have stayed in any of the following 159 countries/regions within 14 days prior to the application for landing are denied to enter Japan in pursuant to the Article 5, paragraph (1), item (xiv) of Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act, unless special exceptional circumstances are found. Note that foreigners (from the countries and regions where the entry bans do not apply) are not denied to enter Japan even when they arrive in Japan via those countries or regions, which are subject to denial of permission to entry, for refueling or transit purpose. Those who entered those countries or regions will, however, be subject to the entry ban.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I read the other day that the white house has been weighing changes to the travel restrictions. I'm honestly not sure what the current restrictions are.

Do you know if Japan may be dropping the quarantine requirement for Japanese nationals in July still? My wife needs to go back to Japan to visit her family and do some banking stuff. It's long overdue, but she doesn't want to quarantine.

I just found this link with the current restrictions.
Travelers prohibited from entry to the U.S.

edit on 23 5 2021 by tamusan because: added link

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I read the other day that the white house has been weighing changes to the travel restrictions. I'm honestly not sure what the current restrictions are.

Do you know if Japan may be dropping the quarantine requirement for Japanese nationals in July still? My wife needs to go back to Japan to visit her family and do some banking stuff. It's long overdue, but she doesn't want to quarantine.

I just found this link with the current restrictions.
Travelers prohibited from entry to the U.S.

Japanese nationals are allowed into the country. There are special provisions concerning your wife's situation. Expect someone private to pick her up though. And of course a 72 hour prior to take off proof of a negative test for corona. This may change daily though. But currently, Japanese nationals are allowed back into this country. It's not easy though and can cost some money.

I know as an American, if I leave this country, I can not re-enter even if my wife is Japanese. Although there are some exceptions to this, but it would be difficult for me to quarantine for 2 weeks after arrival.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thank you for the information.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Interesting and I still wonder if there's a chance Japan will cancel or delay the Olympics as one of their chief medical folks call for. At last count
1% of their population has been vaccinated and there's a current Covid 19 surge. However, the Aussies have closed all international travel until the middle of next year and have no intention of changing. Here in Texas this pandemic is about over and I go without a mask unless asked to put one on. My best,
edit on 23-5-2021 by airforce47 because: wrong word.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
Interesting and I still wonder if there's a chance Japan will cancel or delay the Olympics as one of their chief medical folks call for. At last count
1% of their population has been vaccinated and there's a current Covid 19 surge. However, the Aussies have closed all international travel until the middle of next year and have no intention of changing. Here in Texas this pandemic is about over and I go without a mask unless asked to put one on. My best,

There is a push to stop the Olympics in the streets now. Small gatherings, but its too late. Too much have gone into this and a decision a few months ago to do the Olympics . Actually I don't see why not. We now can have live concerts up to 5000 people and baseball is in full swing.

I'm afraid people are just afraid of the highly contagious flu and its caused to much unecessary histeria.

top topics

join