It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antiviral developed with 99.9 percent efficacy against Covid-19 and all variants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 21 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

An international team of scientists, from Australia and the US, has developed an experimental direct-acting antiviral therapy that can reduce viral load by 99.9 per cent

When tested in SARS-Cov-2 infected mice the treatment with the therapy improved survival and loss of disease. Remarkably, in treated survivors, no virus could be detected in the lungs

"This treatment is designed to work on all betacoronaviruses such as the original SARS virus (SARS-CoV-1) as well as SARS-CoV-2 and any new variants that may arise in the future

"These nanoparticles are scalable and relatively cost-effective to produce in bulk,"

Source

Scientists have developed an antiviral treatment that is 99.9% effective at getting rid of Covid-19. Mice treated with it showed no signs of the virus after treatment. This antiviral treatment is not only effective against Covid-19, but all potential future variants - and all betacoronaviruses in general. It's also cheap to mass-produce.
The Covid-19 "pandemic" is done.
edit on 5/21/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 21 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I find the word nanoparticles of deep concern. Perhaps I'm just an ignorant hayseed, but I don't like.
:
edit on 2021 5 21 by incoserv because: typo

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Wonder what will happen to all the vaccines?

This will put them out of business, won't it?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I hate to say it, but if it works that well then it'll probably be deemed ineffective and they'll tell us it doesn't work.

My only question would be what kinds of side effects it causes. If it was recently developed then we won't know for a while.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

An international team of scientists, from Australia and the US, has developed an experimental direct-acting antiviral therapy that can reduce viral load by 99.9 per cent

When tested in SARS-Cov-2 infected mice the treatment with the therapy improved survival and loss of disease. Remarkably, in treated survivors, no virus could be detected in the lungs

"This treatment is designed to work on all betacoronaviruses such as the original SARS virus (SARS-CoV-1) as well as SARS-CoV-2 and any new variants that may arise in the future

"These nanoparticles are scalable and relatively cost-effective to produce in bulk,"

Source

Scientists have developed an antiviral treatment that is 99.9% effective at getting rid of Covid-19. Mice treated with it showed no signs of the virus after treatment. This antiviral treatment is not only effective against Covid-19, but all potential future variants - and all betacoronaviruses in general. It's also cheap to mass-produce.

If it can be taken after you are infected and has that kind of success rate it would end the need for vaccinations completely.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

"Treatment with virus-specific siRNA reduces viral load by 99.9 per cent. These stealth nanoparticles can be delivered to a wide range of lung cells and silence viral genes," said co-lead researcher Nigel McMillan, Professor at Menzies Health Institute Queensland (MHIQ) at Griffith.

Stealth nanoparticles?

Delivered to the lungs?

I'm, erm, I'm not so sure about this one.

Of course, that is a completely uneducated opinion.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I hope that you are correct.

At least the RNA target in this case is the virus.... not human cells.
From your link:

The new antiviral approach used gene-silencing RNA technology called siRNA (small-interfering RNA) to attack the virus' genome directly, which stops the virus from replicating

edit on b000000312021-05-21T10:12:05-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 21 May 2021 10:12:05 -05001000000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Gene-silencing RNA technology, seems almost along the line of prions to me . . .

The new antiviral approach used gene-silencing RNA technology called siRNA (small-interfering RNA) to attack the virus' genome directly, which stops the virus from replicating, as well as lipid nanoparticles designed at Griffith University and City of Hope to deliver the siRNA to the lungs, the critical site of infection.

I'm not liking how this one sounds, like the mRNA vaccine, it sounds too much like a gene therapy and is experimental obviously.

From Wikipedia . . .

Small interfering RNA (siRNA), sometimes known as short interfering RNA or silencing RNA, is a class of double-stranded RNA non-coding RNA molecules, typically 20-27 base pairs in length, similar to miRNA, and operating within the RNA interference (RNAi) pathway. It interferes with the expression of specific genes with complementary nucleotide sequences by degrading mRNA after transcription, preventing translation . . .

siRNAs can also be introduced into cells by transfection. Since in principle any gene can be knocked down by a synthetic siRNA with a complementary sequence, siRNAs are an important tool for validating gene function and drug targeting in the post-genomic era.

Wiki Link
edit on 21-5-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I did edit to my post above.
At least the virus genome is the target here.
mRNA 'vaccines' they made target human cells.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Hmm, yeah what other genes might it 'silence' ??

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I did edit to my post above.
At least the virus genome is the target here.
mRNA 'vaccines' they made target human cells.

It sounds like it could knock out any genes they target with it. Nano-particles, if they can aerosol it, this is one hell of a weapon.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Synthetic gene therapy is a double edge that nobody until this day can predict the outcome and are gambling on the short term effects of treatment as with the covid shot.

No is not a vaccine, but a treatment as covid will keep mutating like other viruses do and is not cure of any of them as today.

So having synthetic particles floating around in my body and messing around with my cells that happen to be what the human body is made up is something I will no take lightly.

When the body have a foreign object messing around it does what is made to do, increase the white cells guards the body from invaders and fight back.

I wonder if the next step is to inject humans with something that will stop the natural human antibodies from working in order for the "new technology to work" like that big pharma will have compete control over individuals ability to get healing naturally.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I remember taking oseltamivir for the flu it cleared it up very quickly, but then I awhile after I got colitis and I blame that drug!

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Yes - it is called Ivermectin.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What a wonderful development for the marsupial community!!

This deserves a Noble Cheese Prize!!

#MiceLivesMatter

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sir you win the internet's today LOL
a reply to: EternalShadow

edit on 21-5-2021 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

What's to worry about? So what if you have nanobots crawling around in your brain.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

and all betacoronaviruses in general

If that's true this is a game changer.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

synthetic particles floating around in my body

You have tons of this in your body from pollution.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Kind of interesting stuff. But siRNA enzymes are in most animals, but cooking meat usually destroys this enzyme. They are called Argonaute enzymes. I wonder how they make these siRNAs. Those enzymes do disable viruses pretty well, I had read a little about them a while back, but since there were so many chemistries in foods that deactivate this virus, I kind of blew it off. They must be making synthetic chemistry using certain bacteria that might be genetically engineered to create a special enzyme. I guess the medical agreement will be cheap to produce, but I doubt if it will be cheap to receive the patented medication here in America.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join