It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The science of the law of attraction/The immense power of thought

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have been listening to Dr. Joe Dispenza quite a bit lately and learning more and more everyday.

Dr. Joe explains how we have all been programmed and our brains run on that program so we must become conscious of our unconscious subliminal thoughts that turn on the stress response. Without effort we live on the hormones of stress and it leads to disease and mental illness.

If we can turn on the stress response with thought alone, and our thoughts can make us sick. Then that means it can work the other way around. Our thoughts alone can put the body in homeostasis and release the happy chemicals like oxytocin.

Its about feeling gratitude and love, shedding resentments and visualizing our future. Feeling the emotions of our ideal future before it is made manifest and training the body to believe it has already happened.

Not thinking in lack and struggle because that will attract more of the same...

A really good quote by the late Dr. Wayne Dyer (R.I.P) that sums the whole thing up really well.

"You don't attract what you want, you attract what you are"

There is freedom and very exciting potentiality in the practice of observing and controlling your thoughts...

Binaural beats in a chill environment works great...always strive to be aware and thinking and observing the present moment. This is mindfulness.

Do you guys ever find your mind running on a karmic program without you?

Are you your body? Or are you an energy animating your body?

edit on 20-5-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This is way too deep for the many superficial humans who inhabit this forum..a reply to: GoShredAK

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
This is way too deep for the many superficial humans who inhabit this forum..a reply to: GoShredAK

They are trapped in a comfortable misery..

And this is just barely scratching the surface.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

It is about tricking your mind to believe you already did something. Every ceremony, every ritual, every prayer, even the most mundane actions if infused with the right thought, are energies that ride on the law of attraction, although the feedback might not always be as expected...

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

It is about tricking your mind to believe you already did something. Every ceremony, every ritual, every prayer, even the most mundane actions if infused with the right thought, are energies that ride on the law of attraction, although the feedback might not always be as expected...

Well said terps...🤙 I agree

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   

always strive to be aware and thinking and observing the present moment.

Just see and hear........
Notice that thought is occuring.......you are not doing thoughts.

You are the ever present seeing........you are not the thinker.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I dunno. I used to be interested in this stuff, but, I can say if you are already depressed and anxious, stay the F%^& away from this law of attraction theory.

I got into it, but after a while I realised that I was getting stressed about the fact that I was stressed. Whenever I longed for something, I'd mentally beat myself up for thinking in "lack" therefore only manifesting the same garbage, or at least, the same pessimistic view of life I've had since my teens. That's what the new agey people would say anyway.

I see number patterns all the time, 111, 222, 333 etc. Someone told me the universe was communicating with me. I became almost obsessed with this idea and started attributing specific meanings to each repeated number sequence I got - it nearly drove me insane.

Thought when my mind honed in on a particular line in a song, that universe was talking to me, or a line in a book that stuck out etc etc ... also nearly drove me nuts to the point where I wasn't sure if my brain was just nitpicking stuff related to my subconscious or if it was an intended meaning or answer to a question I was wrestling with in my head.

People say "don't seek external answers, listen to the whisper within."

Lmao, which one?

In fact I'm not even convinced that the modern version of this stuff circulating around the internet these days is not just some sort of psyop to induce more subconscious stress while trying to focus on positive thoughts and "manifesting" what you truly want.

I know some of this stuff comes from real old teachings, but the way it's used today is sooo... basic.

In the end it takes you away from being fully present in the moment, just fully accepting what you have and realising the universe owes us nothing.

Edit: oh look, this is post number 33 for me.

edit on 20/5/21 by DwindlingHope because: meh

edit on 20/5/21 by DwindlingHope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DwindlingHope

i went through the same after getting into the secret, constantly managing your thoughts to not get angry excetra is dangerous because it upsets the balance, the law of attraction is a con, the emotions that you experience have to be acted out, if you are angry punch a punch bag or do physical exercise or gardening, get angry at the weeds, if your gonna cry, have a good cry, its amazing when you do, and im a man, so dont be embarrassed it makes you feel amazing afterwards. oh and if bad news gets you down stop watching the news until you can become numb to the shhh that is designed to mess with your internal systems. You appear to have sensory processing sensitivity. you are a sensitive like me. if you try and repress your feelings they build up and come out with a bang, control them, turn them on at will, instead of them controlling you.

i am starting to have visions now, i feel like its my subconscious is teaching me. if you want to dive deeper, start setting alarms and timers etc, with 369, so get at 7;39 or set your timer for 69 minutes. your subconscious sees all so it alerts you to numbers, that you have focused on with emotion. when you can control your emotion and use it in conjunction with wish fulfilment, then forget about it, thats when the magic happens.

for starters whenever you are relaxed or physically tired, put a black cloth over your eyes and concentrate on the shadows and shapes you see when your eyes are closed, soon you will see a white dot or x, or even a grid tunnel that you are travelling through...(it may take a while to get past the x dot or grid pattern stage, but it happens!)after that its your experience, but the white x, dot or grid like or web like structure is universal.

edit on 20-5-2021 by dthrizz1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DwindlingHope

Hmm, on one hand the law of attraction doesn’t exactly work like claimed in the book the Secret, or at least some people’s understanding of it. “Just ask the universe and it will manifest” on the other its a truism that you should be carful what you wish for.

The real secret is learning to be content with what you are and what you have.
(That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have goals or seek to improve yourself)

Being present in the moment and not dwelling on the future or past, it’s much harder than most imagine. Like meditation when practiced daily it becomes easier to achieve.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Start Living, Free From Fear.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I really believe in this.

Ever notice how optimistic people just seem “lucky” ?

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have been reading a lot of this stuff lately. Dispenza is good. I really enjoyed the book "the spontaneous healing of belief" by Gregg Braden. He talks about how our reality/universe is most likely a simulation which we can reprogram.

Let's all envision a reality of freedom and a future of utter happiness.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Ummm...actually...thoughts are ancillary...and quite unnecessary to ones emotional state or perceived place within the construct.

There's a place in your mouth called the hard pallette above the upper teeth and just before the roof of your mouth...

If you place the tip of your tongue there and allow your mouth to relax with your tongue there...your face relaxes into a closed mouth smile...and this generates the release of endorphins...

Meditation...without thought...can engender the most exquisite bliss state...where one can witness their connection to the entirety...and can comprehend that entirety from the macro to the micro by focus of awareness...and without the accompanying voices of aspect awareness...

All performed by the energy of consciousness...as it utilizes the hardware designed for that purpose...and without the interjection of ego and/or experiential or expressive personality...and it's associated angsts and character flaw...

YouSir

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

“Are we human, or are we dancer?”

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

“Are we human, or are we dancer?”

Ummm...and the larger question...is Dancer...Prancer...?

YouSir

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Well if he has a big red beak it might even be Rudolph.

Back on topic all the same, it seems to me the query "Are you your body? Or are you an energy animating your body?" would be along the lines of the predestination versus freewill conundrum.
edit on 20-5-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Law of Attraction is nothing more than divine law at work... but not how folks think. And especially not some of the "leaders" of the movement. There is a very dark underbelly to the Law of Attraction people.

These people didn't pay thousands of dollars to to go to a Law of Attraction seminar for this:

Dozens Injured After Walking on Hot Coals at Tony Robbins Event

These people didn't go to a Law of Attraction seminar to DIE:

Self-help guru convicted in sweat lodge deaths

These are just a couple of the absolutely horrendous "accidents" that have happened at Law of Attraction events. And don't even say it... it is NOT their fault for "law-of-attractioning" wrong.

For more on the dark underbelly, this is a great website:

The Salty Droid

But fair warning, he is in fact quite salty. If hard truths in strong language isn't for you, then the Droid probably isn't either.

This is an awesome organization that helps people recognize and find quality self-help programs:

SEEK Safely

For folks looking for answers and good options, check them out.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well if he has a big red beak it might even be Rudolph.

Back on topic all the same, it seems to me the query "Are you your body? Or are you an energy animating your body?" would be along the lines of the predestination versus freewill conundrum.

Ummm...the analogy I prefer is that the body is the exoskeleton suit worn by the consciousness...as it experiences this incarnation...

YouSir

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Nice post....and post 33 is a hoot..a reply to: DwindlingHope

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Its a fair enough assumption YouSir.

I suggest further studies are required before we come to any definitive conclusion.

The pace our neuroscience is progressing and gaining momentum with each passing day, means some of the important questions that surround our understandings of consciousness, where it resides, and how it emerges, may actually able to produce meaningful answers in the not to distant future.

<<   2 >>

join