It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader Joe's, Walmart, Costco drop mask mandate for fully vaccinated customers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Looks like Walmart is dropping the mask mandate;

www.koaa.com...

Employees and customers that are fully vaccinated won't have to wear masks at Trader Joe's, Walmart, or Costco.

mandate for fully vaccinated customers
items.[0].image.alt
Photo by: Damian Dovarganes/AP
The Trader Joe's Los Feliz store sign is seen in Los Angeles, Sunday, July 22, 2018. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)
By: Sarah DewberryPosted at 3:57 PM, May 14, 2021 and last updated 4:03 PM, May 14, 2021
Employees and customers that are fully vaccinated won't have to wear masks at Trader Joe's, Walmart, or Costco.

Trader Joe's became the first major retailer to drop its indoor mask requirement for fully vaccinated customers after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revised their COVID-19 mask guideline on Thursday.

In an update on its COVID-19 page, the grocery store said Friday that they "encourage customers to follow the guidance of health officials, including, as appropriate, CDC guidelines that advise customers who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear masks while shopping."

Recent Stories from koaa.com

Warm on Friday with a few thunderstorms possible
Walmart announced Friday that fully vaccinated workers and customers do not have to wear a mask if they are fully vaccinated.

Costco also announced on Friday that members and guests who are fully vaccinated could enter a Costco without a mask or face shield if their state or local jurisdiction does not have a mask mandate.

In states where there is a mask mandate, Costco said they "will follow the state or local regulations and continue to require members and guests to wear a face mask or face shield."

Now here is Walmarts site:

corporate.walmart.com...

Beginning today, vaccinated customers and members are welcome to shop without a mask, and we will continue to request that non-vaccinated customers and members wear face coverings in our stores and clubs. We will update the signage in our facilities to reflect this.
Masks will also continue to be required by some city and state ordinances, and we will follow those requirements. There may also be local conditions, regulatory changes or laws that affect our guidance. We will be communicating with your local store, club or facility management team as regulations change so they can keep you informed.

My question is how are they going to know which customers are vaccinated or not? I think having to show a card is against the HIPPA privacy policy dont you think?

edit on 14-5-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: .

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Guess I'll be stitching a scarlet letter on my mask.
Was it forgotten somewhere in this mass vaccination rollout that apparently you can still catch it,and spread it?

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

Trader Joe's, Walmart, Costco drop mask mandate for fully vaccinated customers

i dropped the mask mandate the day they said to start wearing them, well almost. i would wear one when i had to take my mother some where for her own piece of mind. other than that i never wore one.

+6 more 
posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

When I was 7, I was vaccinated for cooties. It involved a dirt clod and some spit.

So I have been vaccinated, if asked.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Didn't the CDC say six weeks ago that there was... "impending doom" for Americans? But now it's fine because 50% are vaccinated with a vaccine that doesn't do much?

I don't care if I have to wear a mask forever, this seems unenforceable.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Walmart in my town has been mostly mask free customers for weeks now.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Didn't the CDC say six weeks ago that there was... "impending doom" for Americans? But now it's fine because 50% are vaccinated with a vaccine that doesn't do much?

I've read so much conflicting information based on "science " it makes my brain hurt.
I truly think guidelines for health are being pulled out of a hat at this point.
By fall when a new variant strain emerges ...they will just say...sorry we thought it was safe to go maskless ( instead of blaming the vaccine ).

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is soo funny and ridiculous, guys our walmart and Sams here in my neck of the woods have not enforced mask in the stores since last year,

Wow the propaganda in the democrats states is incredible, is like we are giving you a gift, now you can get your freedoms back.

Really people you have been taken for fools.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Guess I'll be stitching a scarlet letter on my mask.
Was it forgotten somewhere in this mass vaccination rollout that apparently you can still catch it,and spread it?

No you can't now they changed that it used to happen but now it can't

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm never getting a vaccination because a bunch of pedos like Gates got caught on an island and want everyone in their techno police state ccp wet dream ushered in by fake pcr tests during the flu season.
Sorry Billdo, not going to happen.

Where's the military to handle these terrorists running everything?

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I love Joe's verbiage though...."the rule"

He thinks he's running preschool kids.
...probably would love to.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I've read so much conflicting information based on "science " it makes my brain hurt.
I truly think guidelines for health are being pulled out of a hat at this point.
By fall when a new variant strain emerges ...they will just say...sorry we thought it was safe to go maskless ( instead of blaming the vaccine ).

Yep! Where we are... 72 total Covid deaths. And sure, that might be because people here mostly followed masks and social distancing, buuut... in 2019... 68 Flu deaths... out of 774 confirmed tests. No masks needed. Not even a sick day policy.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yep! Where we are... 72 total Covid deaths. And sure, that might be because people here mostly followed masks and social distancing, buuut... in 2019... 68 Flu deaths... out of 774 confirmed tests. No masks needed. Not even a sick day policy.

I keep trying to tell people that but nobody wants to hear any comparison to the flu. It's mind blowing how many will claim a drop in flu due to masks and social distancing ...but covid....
I'm tired of giving soapbox speeches. I'm literally letting people do what they will and I'll do what I need to do.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thanks , that answered my question.
I had been in Walmart twice in the last year and everyone was masked up.
I went for the 3rd time last week and I was the only one.
No check for a card , not even questioned.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Merryland Governor lifting mask mandate tomorrow the 15th

schools, transportation hubs etc not affected.

good news. step in the right direction.

be glad when no masks at all.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I got the pinch, pinch, dot, dot cootie shot. Even back then there was a double jab option...

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I shop a lot at Safeway here because its like 200 yards from my place and the security guard is like a mask Nazi. I've seen him several times telling people they cant enter without a mask when they walk in. Its like he gets off on it. No soup for you!!! He is a prick. Wanna be cop.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar
a reply to: Gothmog

I shop a lot at Safeway here because its like 200 yards from my place and the security guard is like a mask Nazi. I've seen him several times telling people they cant enter without a mask when they walk in. Its like he gets off on it. No soup for you!!! He is a prick. Wanna be cop.

This is about no mask if vaccinated.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Now there is this from the DOD:

Department of Defense releases updated mask policy

www.fox21news.com...

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear a mask indoors or outdoors at Department of Defense facilities, the department said in a memo Thursday.

The memo said commanders and supervisors can make exceptions “as necessary to ensure a safe workforce.”

They also noted commanders and supervisors should not ask about an employee’s vaccination status, or use information about an employee’s vaccination status to make decisions about how and when the employee will report to a workplace instead of teleworking.

So Don't ask Don't tell?

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
People can lie, or twist the truth.

Clerk checking your card at Costco sees you without a mask, "have you been vaccinated" ?

Answer-"Yes"
Waves person in.

Actually the vaccine I am really talking about is the one I got for Polio, so yes I have been vaccinated from a certain point of view.
edit on 14-5-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join