It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia - $100 Dollar Savings Bond to Residents Age 16 thru 35 Who Get Covid-19 Vaccinated.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Monday, April 26, 2021

With Covid-19 being such a small life threat to individuals in this age range, why such desperation to get them vaccinated?

Is this a combo bribe-reward-incentive?

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (R) announced on Monday that any West Virginian aged 16 to 35 who gets vaccinated will receive a $100 savings bond, in an effort to get more young residents inoculated.

The state, according to Justice, will use the money it received from the CARES Act, the COVID-19 relief package passed by Congress last March, to pay for the savings bonds.

Young West Virginia residents, according to Justice, are not being vaccinated “as fast as we’d like them to take them,” which is why he is spearheading the savings bond plan.

“If we really want to move the needle, we’ve got to get our younger people vaccinated,” he continued at a press briefing.

According to Justice, West Virginia has 380,000 residents ages 16 to 35.
Source: thehill.com...

Perhaps the $40 payment per Covid-19 jab from the Federal Government, has something to do with this push to administer these vaccines to those who are at very low risk of being hospitalized. (Note: Only the Pfizer vaccine is authorized for age 16 and older. Moderna and J&J are only for those age 18 and older. )

Since the $100 Savings Bonds will be paid for by Covid-19 Cares Act (March 2020) dollars just sitting around, the cost to West Virginia is ZERO.

Smart marketing campaign, even if it isn't a smart vaccination goal, considering the vaccines are still listed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as "Experimental"....not totally safe.

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/26/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Beats Ohio...we have a commercial with John Legend saying this is our shot about twenty times in 30 seconds. Okay, so he grew up near Springfield. Other than that the Ohio Players still get more play on the radio and they were pretty much over with in the 70’s

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Knowing a few folks that are in the West Virginia National Guard. Surprised they didn't go door to door and force the vaccine on people.

They've been busy down there.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Beats Ohio

Beats Southwestern Pennsylvania.....

Radio stations here stink. But they've been advertising on TV quite a bit lately.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It would take a million dollar life insurance policy to get me to take a vaccine that could possibly kill me. A policy that would cover any cause for six months at least. If the vaccine did cause me a cytokine storm, I might still live three months in the hospital.....Thinking it over, maybe I will just pass with that too.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
That would be laughable if it weren't so insulting
Since when was $100 worth potentially more than your life?
None of these vaccines are fully approved and nobody knows long-term effects.
The J & J vaccine can potentially produce effects immunologically for decades.
If they're so sure, introduce life insurance policies that people can opt onto beforehand.
I suppose there weren't enough people going for the free donuts or ice cream.

edit on 26-4-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   

This is so weird because if this were a plan to depop over
say a three year period. Look how well it would be working.
The vaccination causes very few immediate deaths. But in most
people it takes six months or a year. Once you got it you can't
give it back. Being a hold out wouldn't mean much in the end.

Steven King couldn't write a better twist.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   
FIRST the carrot ...
THEN the stick ...

THEN the FEMA camps ...

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
When do these savings bonds mature? Ten years?

They know no one will be here to collect on them.

They could say they're million dollar savings bonds; they're never gonna have to pay them anyway!

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine

But in most people it takes six months or a year.
It does? How do you know this?

But if so it's a genius plan. They'll be dead before the bond matures!

(Crap. Beaten to it.)
edit on 4/27/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Almost 2 full tanks of gas. Who could pass up such an incredible deal? Enough to buy groceries that last less than a week, hot dog! You might even be able to buy enough beer for a Friday night party. Im elated.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

It's not going to get antivax paranoids to get a shot, true. Some ignorance is impenetrable.

But it could well get those who are just lazy to do so.
edit on 4/27/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pure speculation my good member. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine

That would be a good thing to express.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Beats Ohio...we have a commercial with John Legend saying this is our shot about twenty times in 30 seconds. Okay, so he grew up near Springfield. Other than that the Ohio Players still get more play on the radio and they were pretty much over with in the 70’s

This celebrity last week pretended to get vaccinated. You could see the nurse squirt the vaccine onto the ground, after pretending to give this Hollywood actor his injection.

I wonder what percentage of VIP's only PRETENDED to get a Covid-19 injection?

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Almost 2 full tanks of gas. Who could pass up such an incredible deal? Enough to buy groceries that last less than a week, hot dog! You might even be able to buy enough beer for a Friday night party. Im elated.

I used to earn savings bonds during newspaper delivery contests. They were supposed to continue accumulating value forever. Maybe those $20 bonds from the 1970's are worth $1,000 each now? Oh boy!

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Knowing a few folks that are in the West Virginia National Guard. Surprised they didn't go door to door and force the vaccine on people.

They've been busy down there.

And take their guns while at the house. Two birds with one visit.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It would take a million dollar life insurance policy to get me to take a vaccine that could possibly kill me. A policy that would cover any cause for six months at least. If the vaccine did cause me a cytokine storm, I might still live three months in the hospital.....Thinking it over, maybe I will just pass with that too.

You're a well-read person. Question: Has a profile been developed yet for those who are most "at risk" from the Pfiszer, JJ, and Moderna vaccines? Do certain conditions mean a higher likelyhood of complications?

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

This reminds of the old fable 'The tortoise and the Scorpion" lol

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It would take a million dollar life insurance policy to get me to take a vaccine

Need a little cut in your finger, sign here...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join