It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the'Verdict' Coerced?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Was the'Verdict' in the George Floyd death Coerced?

If they find any of the Jury listened to outside sources or were threatened by anyone, there can be charges filed. And maybe the Verdict overturned.

I have a feeling that this isn't over.

What do you think?
edit on 22-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think, given the level of exposure months before the trial started, it is likely that most of the jury made up their minds before they entered the court building, same as everyone watching at home. That's part of why they reached a decision so quickly.
edit on 22-4-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Unless they pulled these jurors from a different country there's no way they didn't already know about the incident and have already had family and friends give their opinion on the case. I also think it's foolish to think they didn't hear about the remarks over the weekend that were made about what would happen if a guilty wasn't the outcome.

A. They write the guilty verdict and present to the judge for some semblance of normalcy for themselves.

B. They don't have a guilty verdict. Their lives are now in danger. Their families are in danger. The populace at large is now in danger.

Which would you choose?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I think, given the level of exposure months before the trial started, it is likely that most of the jury made up their minds before they entered the court building, same as everyone watching at home. That's part of why they reached a decision so quickly.

Literally against the law.

Ffs where has common sense gone?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think the film of Floyd's arrest and death was enough to convince the jury without any outside coercion.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Who knows?...

I know i sure wouldn't have wanted to be on that jury though, imagine the pressure you'd feel and the worry about the aftermath....

Yup I can definitely say, would not want to have been one of those jurors.

Literally the last thing i would have wanted to be doing during that trial is be on that jury. I'd be worried about doxxing and my family and the inevitable backlash if i made the 'wrong' decision.

Could you imagine for one minute being on that jury and not voting guilty?

Like what would happen to you if that jury had taken longer than 10 hours because of you?

Whoo boy...
edit on 22/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

Unless they pulled these jurors from a different country there's no way they didn't already know about the incident and have already had family and friends give their opinion on the case. I also think it's foolish to think they didn't hear about the remarks over the weekend that were made about what would happen if a guilty wasn't the outcome.

A. They write the guilty verdict and present to the judge for some semblance of normalcy for themselves.

B. They don't have a guilty verdict. Their lives are now in danger. Their families are in danger. The populace at large is now in danger.

Which would you choose?

I don't think anyone can argue that this scenario isn't at least possible, and at most probable. There is "reasonable doubt" that the verdict was come by free of those influences, in other words. Justice just wasn't tightly protected, nor was it promoted by some high level government officials. It's quite bothersome, the way it played out.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Careful, for the others are about. They will accuse you of disrespecting the jury, not watching the videos, not being in reality.

This has happened about this time every day after the verdict. They may be in this thread soon. You will not succeed in reasoning with them for they will only repeat their lines page after page.

Their pitch forks are indeed dull and their torches are wet with water but they still try to use them.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If every one of them had already made up their minds about it, they lied during the jury selection process.
They should all go to jail.
edit on 22-4-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I know it's against the law. I also know it was next to impossible to find any jurors who weren't previously exposed to all the media surrounding the George Floyd situation.

originally posted by: RazorV66

If every one of them had already made up their minds about it, they lied during the jury selection process.

Why should they go to jail? Because all of America was bombarded by media talking about the George Floyd killing for months before random citizens were summoned for jury duty? See my above response.

edit on 22-4-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I know it's against the law. I also know it was next to impossible to find any jurors who weren't previously exposed to all the media surrounding the George Floyd situation.

Why should they go to jail? Because all of America was bombarded by media talking about the George Floyd killing for months before random citizens were summoned for jury duty? See my above response.

If they had already made up their minds that he was guilty, then they lied when questioned if they could be impartial.
That’s against the law.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If they had already made up their minds that he was guilty, then they lied when questioned if they could be impartial.
That’s against the law.

Would you have been impartial if asked to serve in the jury?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

That’s against the law.

Yep.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Of course the Jury was Coerced.

Who in their right mind would sit in that jury room and try to argue for the defendant in a case like this during such a polarized time? All for the prize of defending a guy who stood on the neck of another guy until he died.... just not worth it.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

That’s against the law.

Yep.

How do we know you aren't lying?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Who in their right mind would sit in that jury room and try to argue for the defendant in a case like this during such a polarized time? All for the prize of defending a guy who stood on the neck of another guy until he died.... just not worth it.

Fair to say, the verdict was coerced by Chauvin.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: dandandat2

Fair to say, the verdict was coerced by Chauvin.

Most likely the media; many of the jurors probably didn't care about Chauvin or Floyd no mater what they really thought about the case (guilty or innocent); they where probably more concerned with how the media might disrupt their lives after the case was over.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2
There could be a hint of truth in that, but I give them more credit than that. JM2C

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
What happens when the former officer is raped and murdered in jail by a person of a different skin color?
edit on 23-4-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Then he would be dead. No matter who does it.

Duh.

edit on 4/23/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join