It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to talk to a Loved one that doesn't want a Vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Instead of focusing the conversation on science-based data, talk about feelings. Are they scared of vaccine side effects? Are they worried about the novelty? Do they fear possible long-term effects? If Fauci can’t convince them, you’re not going to, Gaveras said. It’s more of an emotional thing over anything else. Anxiety is the driving factor, the fear of the unknown.

She also suggests offering to accompany them to the vaccine appointment and “make a day of it.”

What........The........Cluck..........?

This might be the craziest thing I've ever read.
Don't like this at all....
Don't focus on Science-Based data?

Heck ya I'm scared of vaccine side effect.
All I have to say to anyone trying to convince me is what are the DRUG manufactures/government scared of? If the drug was safe
people would be able to sue for serious side effects... End of story.

Also, if anyone wants a vaccine, have at it. It is a personal decision and nobody should be forced, coerced etc.
I just had another relative die yesterday of Covid complications.
I've also had a very close relative die from complications of a debilitating vaccine side effect.
I've seen both sides.

For some people taking the vaccine is safer than the risk of Covid, for others the risk of Covid is small.

Back to the article.. I don't like the gist of the whole thing, sounds like a very slippery path...

Talk to your family
Ensure your family
Force your family
Government will enforce
Report your family

edit on 21-4-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well it IS Yahoo news.
I generally go there to see if Taylor Swift is a lesbian yet, or see the latest Liz Hurley bikini pic.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm sure there is a well researched and established strategy here... All according to plan:

COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging, Part 1 [Clinical Study] www.abovetopsecret.com...COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging, Part 1 [Clinical Study]

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Like they're Spanish and you don't speak Spanish, i.e. loudly and slowly in English.

This is 100% guaranteed to get your message across without any annoyance.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Screw French lessons.....just shout loudly and gesticulate wildly.......

+15 more 
link   

Welp, I work in emergency services, and I refuse simply based on evidence based medicine, and how the vaccine is antithetical to that. Its politics based medicine, and thusly, no thanks.

link   

The cutting edge tech giant Yahoo reports...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

This actually sounds perfectly reasonable to me, a lot of people don't want the vaccine for emotional reasons, not scientific ones.

They've read some horror story and now they're scared. So address those fears.

If a child is afraid to go to the dentist you don't tell them how safe dentists are, you tell them that it won't hurt.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

If a loved one doesn't want a vaccine, should my love be predicated on obedience to the government?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Like they're Spanish and you don't speak Spanish, i.e. loudly and slowly in English.

This is 100% guaranteed to get your message across without any annoyance.

I at least attempt the Spanish accent.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Feelings ?
Instead of science based data ?

I'll give you science-based data:
1. 99.4% of Covid cases are MILD
www.worldometers.info...?Si

2. J&J and AstraZeneca are each LESS THAN 70 % effective, and merely "reduce symptoms"

3. They BOTH have been reported to cause deadly clots and have been suspended by health authorities for that reason.

4. NONE of the vaccines have long term safety data and are only out because of "emergency use authorization". At the time the development of these vaccines was started, it was feared the covid death rate could be very high, which justified their development. We now know that this is NOT the case: 99.4% of cases are MILD.

5. The only and main issue is the size of hospital ICUs. A valid point, vastly undersized and something that would have need to be addressed given the aging boomer population, even if Covid had never showed up. To my knowledge, NO government is fixing this, the clear and obvious problem.

6. If you want the vaccine, go ahead. I will wait for more safety data to come in.

NO FORCIBLE VACCINE OR PASSPORT CRAP !!

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
I at least attempt the Spanish accent.

It makes a huge difference.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's all part of the media's push and propaganda I suspect they aren't getting the participation numbers they would like. Maine has to most fully vaccinated at 33%. Most of the northeastern states are over 30% fully vaccinated. Not sure about everywhere else but in Georgia, it's been fully open to all ages for a while. Fully vaccinated is at 19.8 one dose is at 32.8%, think it's gonna be much longer than June 21st to hit the 50% mark here. Nationally June 9th it's estimated we will be over 50% completely vaccinated, we will see

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes take the love one to the slaughter house and watch them been tampered with, how nice, how you deal with somebody that do not want to take this altering life crap, respect their choice, we do have free will.

I am no getting the crap and I be darn if somebody say something, because is not their darn business.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Instead of focusing the conversation on science-based data, talk about feelings

That right there sums up everything about covid. All of it. All the measures, the lockdowns, the masks, the vaccines...all right there...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Feelings ?
Instead of science based data ?

I'll give you science-based data:
1. 99.4% of Covid cases are MILD
www.worldometers.info...?Si

2. J&J and AstraZeneca are each LESS THAN 70 % effective, and merely "reduce symptoms"

3. They BOTH have been reported to cause deadly clots and have been suspended by health authorities for that reason.

4. NONE of the vaccines have long term safety data and are only out because of "emergency use authorization". At the time the development of these vaccines was started, it was feared the covid death rate could be very high, which justified their development. We now know that this is NOT the case: 99.4% of cases are MILD.

5. The only and main issue is the size of hospital ICUs. A valid point, vastly undersized and something that would have need to be addressed given the aging boomer population, even if Covid had never showed up. To my knowledge, NO government is fixing this, the clear and obvious problem.

6. If you want the vaccine, go ahead. I will wait for more safety data to come in.

NO FORCIBLE VACCINE OR PASSPORT CRAP !!

Your source also says 2% of cases resulted in death.
Does that mean death is a mild outcome?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

This actually sounds perfectly reasonable to me, a lot of people don't want the vaccine for emotional reasons, not scientific ones.

If a child is afraid to go to the dentist you don't tell them how safe dentists are, you tell them that it won't hurt.

This sounds perfectly unreasonable to me, a lot of people want the vaccine for emotional reasons, not scientific ones.

They've read some horror story about COVID and now they're scared. So address those fears.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

This sounds perfectly unreasonable to me, a lot of people want the vaccine for emotional reasons, not scientific ones.

They've read some horror story about COVID and now they're scared. So address those fears.

Maybe they should fear a vaccine that's more deadly than the disease.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This is just the next in the series of progressive push pieces where they send in the drones to propagandize bad relatives. It shouldn't surprise you. They did it with Obamacare among other topics.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

your friends will be after you I think soon. or I guess I should say Ours as i am not vaxxing either.

State Department to Add More Than 100 Countries to 'Do Not Travel' List As COVID-19 Continues to Spread
Currently, the department classifies 34 countries as "Level 4: Do Not Travel."

www.travelandleisure.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join