It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mother of son's best friend infected...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just had some very exciting news from one of my many celebrity friends on Twitter, Will.I.am, re: The Phallic Mask. As many of you know, Will.I.am’s high tech blue tooth mask is about to go into production with Honeywell’s and after sending him the designs for my Phallic Mask, he has replied saying that he is ‘Extremly interested’ in incorporating this design into his new range. What a day!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Wishing all a speedy recovery but chances are they will be perfectly fine with a bit of paracetamol and plenty of fluids - important thing is not to stress out as that depletes the immune system.

In the UK hospitals were instructing patients to use a very similar breathing technique to the Wim Hof method, lying on the stomach and doing breathing exercises to increase blood oxygenation and survival rates in hospital patients - there's the NHS patient guide to Covid-19 breathing exercises here: NHS Patient Information - Covid-19 breathing technique

Video of NHS Dr explaining the technique - BBC

Obviously not 100% effective but can help ease symptoms and increase comfort.

originally posted by: DougHole64
I would suggest that the boy stops tugging himself during this period. Having lived through this awful disease, I know first hand that the body needs to conserve as much energy as possible. I have a friend who finds it very difficult to stop tugging and after catching COVID ended up in hospital no doubt due to the constant strain he was putting on his body.

Has he tried Kellogg's cornflakes? John Kellogg hated onanists and locked up teenage tuggers in his US sanitariums to cure them of the terrible affliction. His brother inveted the cereal as an aphrosiac but John removed the sugar and marketed cornflakes as an anti-masturbation morning meal with great success which is why the chicken on the front of the cereal box remains unchoked to this day.

Steer clear of Frostie. They're the original aphrodisiac version, hence the cum stains on the cornflakes.
edit on 7-4-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Wishing all a speedy recovery but chances are they will be perfectly fine with a bit of paracetamol and plenty of fluids - important thing is not to stress out as that depletes the immune system.

In the UK hospitals were instructing patients to use a very similar breathing technique to the Wim Hof method, lying on the stomach and doing breathing exercises to increase blood oxygenation and survival rates in hospital patients - there's the NHS patient guide to Covid-19 breathing exercises here: NHS Patient Information - Covid-19 breathing technique

Video of NHS Dr explaining the technique - BBC

Obviously not 100% effective but can help ease symptoms and increase comfort.

originally posted by: DougHole64
I would suggest that the boy stops tugging himself during this period. Having lived through this awful disease, I know first hand that the body needs to conserve as much energy as possible. I have a friend who finds it very difficult to stop tugging and after catching COVID ended up in hospital no doubt due to the constant strain he was putting on his body.

Has he tried Kellogg's cornflakes? John Kellogg hated onanists and locked up teenage tuggers in his US sanitariums to cure them of the terrible affliction. His brother inveted the cereal as an aphrosiac but John removed the sugar and marketed cornflakes as an anti-masturbation morning meal with great success which is why the chicken on the front of the cereal box remains unchoked to this day.

Steer clear of Frostie. They're the original aphrodisiac version, hence the cum stains on the cornflakes.

Thank you, this is very useful information and may well explain why my vindictive ex wife used to insist I ate cornflakes every day. This was no doubt to lower my incredibly high libido. Unfortunately my divorce has now come through otherwise I would have presented this in court as evidence of my remainer wife’s controlling ways!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: flice

- His older brothers are more independent and will that small difference have an impact on infection?

Just one curious thought I had while reading your OP....

Regardless of whether or not any of the boys test positive, I'm wondering if she had been preparing most of their meals for them over the past few days?

That I didn't ask, but she did mention that she didnt have the strength to eat herself. So question is if her friends have been by to help her. She said some of her friends had been by almost almost everyday. But the Danish healthcare is pretty on point in regards to tracking near contacts to stop the spread.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Based on what she told me, the cynical side of me sees this as an opportunity to learn more about: - Body composition vs severity. She's a short woman and a little overweight in apple shape. I'm fairly confident she doesn't exercise.

We have a relative in the hospital right now, one step from a ventilator.
He is the healthiest person, totally slim and very active. His wife who is exactly as you described above, has not even caught Covid, or did catch it and showed no symptoms. To me that is the scary part of Covid. How some people can get so sick and others it’s really like a mild cold.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good way to waste an hour i guess.
What exactly do those approximately 36 deaths prove to you? The virus is bad? Or is that your easily manipulated heart overpowers your brain.

Covid didn’t kill Larry King btw....

a reply to: putnam6

edit on 7-4-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
What exactly do those approximately 36 deaths prove to you? The virus is bad? Or is that your easily manipulated heart overpowers your brain.

Does anyone here have access to Twitter who can get a message to Will.I.Am? He appears to have accidentally hit the wrong button and blocked me. I need to let him know that a verbal agreement is basically the same as a written contract and as he typed it into messenger it is essentially a written contract anyway. Also, what I said about Tom Jones and the phallic mask was completely inappropriate and something I would like to apologise for. Thank you in advance!
edit on 7-4-2021 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Are you so imbecilic and over reactionary that that is what you get out of my post?

Where did I say it proved anything? Hell, I've also read about a plethora of COVID deaths the past year too. To expand on your personal thesis of me, perhaps millions of people's hearts have been easily manipulating their brains this whole past year. You know on an infection that actually kills less than 4% of those who get it. An infection that here in the US 37% of those deaths were tied to Long Term Care Facilities.

Where did I say each one of these cases is valid and authentic and/or the exact total of those affected?

Just because you nonchalantly wave off each of these cases as insignificant, doesn't make them any less significant to those involved. Nor does it alter the concerns of us with elderly parent(s) on having them get the vaccine and which vaccine for them to get.

This is exactly where our family is with our 81-year-old mother, she is in good health and has been for the last 2 years and is about to get her knee replaced, her doctor thinks there is no reason for her to get vaccinated till after the surgery. But of course, that could be her doctor's heart manipulating his brain.

Regardless you totally missed the point of the thread, it's not if you believe fervently one way or another. It's the real concerns of those that are on the fence. Certainly, even in northern Canada, you can see that getting or not getting the vaccine isn't so black and white for every individual. Or maybe your head is so far up your ass that this reality isn't evident to you.
edit on 7-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just learned that I have CV antibodies. Don't recall having Covid. I do recall having a "cold" in Feb. (that's what it felt like) or a MILD flu for about a week. I am super healthy (no medical conditions at all; great 'numbers' for bloodwork and chemistries).

HOWEVER... I easily have 50 pounds I should lose - that I gained from stopping smoking about 4 years ago after 30 years AND menopause. I am very active and eat well but just can't seem to lose this weight.

Anyway, I digress.... But as far as weight and COVID, it is my belief (FWIW) based on observation of those I know who have had it, that weight isn't a big factor IF it is not also causing other weight-related medical problems.

Basically, those I know who have had CV and are overweight - but WITHOUT other weight-related issues (such as myself, apparently) - have not had a bad case of it, or significant problems. On the other hand, I do know others who got it and are overweight WITH other medical issues, and they had a tougher time (1 death). Thus, it SEEMS like the weight factor and its relation to CV prognosis might be hard to pin down completely.

Hope your friend feels better soon OP and that her kids (and you and yours) fare well!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
Just learned that I have CV antibodies. Don't recall having Covid. I do recall having a "cold" in Feb. (that's what it felt like) or a MILD flu for about a week. I am super healthy (no medical conditions at all; great 'numbers' for bloodwork and chemistries).

HOWEVER... I easily have 50 pounds I should lose - that I gained from stopping smoking about 4 years ago after 30 years AND menopause. I am very active and eat well but just can't seem to lose this weight.

Anyway, I digress.... But as far as weight and COVID, it is my belief (FWIW) based on observation of those I know who have had it, that weight isn't a big factor IF it is not also causing other weight-related medical problems.

Basically, those I know who have had CV and are overweight - but WITHOUT other weight-related issues (such as myself, apparently) - have not had a bad case of it, or significant problems. On the other hand, I do know others who got it and are overweight WITH other medical issues, and they had a tougher time (1 death). Thus, it SEEMS like the weight factor and its relation to CV prognosis might be hard to pin down completely.

Hope your friend feels better soon OP and that her kids (and you and yours) fare well!

Well, that brings up a good point. Those at risk should really consult their doctor that knows their personal history before getting vaccinated. I do have weight issues along with blood pressure and monitoring my blood sugar, As I've mentioned before when I asked my doctor about getting vaccinated, she said let's not worry about that right now. And as before I also said I would likely not get it till much later.

BTW how did you find out about having the antibodies present? Isn't it a specific blood test that costs about $145?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sad to hear about contracting this dreaded disease.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It’s my belief your health is your own problem and if it’s your right to fill yourself with booze,corn syrup or any medication of your choosing for the duration of your life span to what ever ends you see fit, just don’t cry when your in a early grave. Me wearing a mask or evening considering your health or your 81 year old mothers is a waste of my time. Your health starts with you!

The big factors in if you live or die start with you not me.

Your right my heart doesn’t bleed for the lives claimed by covid anymore then it bleed for anyone else that dies for any reason.

We have cancer killing people by the millions and just being a fat ass will definitely get you buried early and rightfully so.
I would just like the world worry about what’s actually killing us by the truck load.

The care home numbers are higher because your retarded politicians send covid patients into care homes.
I think they called in cuomosexuality or something progressive like that.

I wish you and yours long happy lives healthy lives, it takes effort tho.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It’s my belief your health is your own problem and if it’s your right to fill yourself with booze,corn syrup or any medication of your choosing for the duration of your life span to what ever ends you see fit, just don’t cry when your in a early grave. Me wearing a mask or evening considering your health or your 81 year old mothers is a waste of my time. Your health starts with you!

The big factors in if you live or die start with you not me.

Your right my heart doesn’t bleed for the lives claimed by covid anymore then it bleed for anyone else that dies for any reason.

We have cancer killing people by the millions and just being a fat ass will definitely get you buried early and rightfully so.
I would just like the world worry about what’s actually killing us by the truck load.

The care home numbers are higher because your retarded politicians send covid patients into care homes.
I think they called in cuomosexuality or something progressive like that.

I wish you and yours long happy lives healthy lives, it takes effort tho.

Again where did I say or even infer you are responsible for me and my family's health?

Sounds like you came to the thread loaded for bear my friend,

It's been my rant on ATS that vaccinations should NOT be mandatory and is up to every individual. Especially on an infection whose lethality is less than 4 percent including the massive LTC numbers below

I agree about the governors in Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Washington did exactly as you mentioned, but your oversimplification doesn't account for the death totals for those in LTC facilities are off the charts in other states as well. For example 1/3 of Georgia's death totals are from LTC facilities, no additional patients were forced into LTC in Georgia. The point being of this exercise is about 1 percent of the population is in LTC yet it represents 34% of the deaths.

Not to mention you are in Northern Canada, isn't your situation different from those in Toronto?

Beyond this, if you have read my previous posts we are likely closer to agreeing on this and a lot of subjects than disagreeing.

FWIW

The deaths on the graphic weren't from COVID it was cases where allegedly people have died or got serious complications soon after getting the COVID vaccine.

edit on 7-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That really sucks, being real sick and stuck with your kids at home 24/7. She is going to be stressed to hell. Those kids will make a mess of the house, such a mess that she would probably rather die than clean it after a week. Can you imagine what the kitchen will be like in a week?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm sorry I just can't anymore...this site should be a stronghold of truth yet every single day it's just all the attention that can possibly be given to the invisible virus only the government can detect or control. I won't resort to name-calling but I will challenge everyone to stop being so GD helpless in their thinking...

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My doctor gave me the test because I had a rash on my upper arms that is apparently common post COVID by a few months.

However, Kroger supermarket offers the antibody test for $25. It’s just a finger prick there - and then read on a meter similar to a pregnancy test. Very quick and easy. I had an antibody test there in November but that one was negative.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My wife and I are mid forties . We caught it back at the end of January. Within 5 days everyone in the house had it ages 11,15, 44 and 74. I have high BP and still smoke, but I’m my opinion H1N1 was much scarier to have and felt way worse. No one in the house had a severe case, even the person in their 70s who incidentally has copd and some heart issues. My personal Dr gave me some steroids, anti biotics, and Tylenol 3 for the body aches. No one else was given anything even the 74 year old who had a fainting spell and tested positive at the hospital.

OP, odds are your friends will be fine, especially the kids. You could barely tell the kids had it at my house. Neither had major symptoms. The one thing for me personally that was worse than a bad flu was how long the minor symptoms lingered. 3 days of fever, dry cough that lasted over a week, 4-5 days of body aches and about a week of lethargy. The smell and taste went towards the end of the quarantine period and I was back at work a good week before they were totally back. Post COVID I did develop a headache that took over 2 weeks to go away. My wife symptoms were nearly identical to mine.

So in a nutshell, my families experience with COVID was : tween and teen it barely affected, two mid forties comparable to a moderately bad flu but did take a bit longer for symptoms to subside, mid 70s had worse cough, and lethargy but otherwise did fine. We were all taking Vit C, D, zinc, in addition to a multivitamin and our regular meds for Blood Pressure.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
My doctor gave me the test because I had a rash on my upper arms that is apparently common post COVID by a few months.

However, Kroger supermarket offers the antibody test for $25. It’s just a finger prick there - and then read on a meter similar to a pregnancy test. Very quick and easy. I had an antibody test there in November but that one was negative.

Thank you very much, that's much more reasonable. Might have to try that I think there is a good chance I've already have had it. But hell it has so many possible symptoms that it is hard to tell beyond a pure guess. At least the stats here in Georgia are trending down.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That really sucks, being real sick and stuck with your kids at home 24/7. She is going to be stressed to hell. Those kids will make a mess of the house, such a mess that she would probably rather die than clean it after a week. Can you imagine what the kitchen will be like in a week?

Yes that's just another side of things like this.

They didn't go test the boys yet I learned, wont until tomorrow some time.
Reason is Denmark just re-opened a bit more, and introduced the Corona passport. So we now have an online site that displays wether we have had the vaccine or recently tested negative.
But... most hairdressers were allowed to re-open, so guess what happened. ALL testing appointments have been sucked dry almost immediately. So the earliest she could get was two days ahead

While she does need help, I hope she is a bit more considerate than just inviting people in... or that those people atleast take huge precautions to avoid lengthening the spread.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Absolutely! I’m in North GA near Buford and it’s wayyyy down around here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join