It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On what day did Jesus die and when did he resurrect?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   
In one of my previous threads I discuss the DATE (not day) when Jesus died and on what DATE he rose from the grave. To expand on this subject and clarification watch the Youtube video of one of God's teacher's.

For anyone fascinated with truth in the bible and its teachings concerning Good Friday and Sunday Easter, this is the one to study. I understand it is 55 minutes however for one who alleges to love to study God's word what is 55 minutes for those who have a burning desire to know divine truth.

I will not elaborate the teaching for I cannot put emphasis on this teaching any better than the one below.

Learn the truth, see what man has done with the correct teaching concerning the death and resurrection of Christ. Since Christ was clearly crucified on 14 Nisan we see he rose three days later....it was on a Sunday THAT YEAR.

THIS YEAR 2021 - JESUS DID NOT RISE ON A SUNDAY. Those who celebrate Christ resurrection with Sunday 2021 live a lie and follow, praise and worship the whore of Babylon.

Would you prefer to celebrate Christ death and resurrection on the proper dates when it occurred (out of love and respect for honoring God) or simply celebrate as the Roman Catholic and many Protestant churches do on Good Friday and Easter, over one one week after Christ's death?

Pope Anicetus of Rome REFUSED to observe the Lord’s resurrection in the way Apostle John and his disciple, Polycarp, do because he said he had to follow his ROMAN TRADITIONS. Polycarp refused to participate in the Roman way of celebrating the resurrection which leads you to think there was some form of paganism creeping into Rome at the time when the Apostle John was nearing the end of his life.

IRENAEUS, 177 – Fragment 3
When the blessed Polycarp was visiting Rome…..Pope Anicetus (second bishop of Rome) could NOT persuade Polycarp to forgo his observance. For these things have always been observed by John, the disciple of the Lord, and the other apostles with whom had been conversant. Nor, on the other hand, could Polycarp persuade Anicetus to keep Passover rituals instead of Easter rituals for Anicetus maintained that he was bound to adhere to the usage of the presbyters who preceded him.

At the time of Pope Anicetus who was Pope of The Roman Catholic church from 76-88 CE fell under three different Emporers of Rome:

1. Vespian 69-79 CE
2. Titus 79-81 CE
3. Domitian 81-96 CE

The above emporers are well known for their cruelty against Christians and it is this time era when Pope Anicetus changed Christ's annual resurrection celebration from rising on the third day to Easter; which changes when Christ actually rose from the dead. Changing this day is blasphemy directed to both the Father and son.

My point.... do NOT celebrate the pagan holiday - Easter and understand Christ did NOT die on Good Friday (Roman Catholic church doctrine) and HE did NOT rise on Easter Sunday (Roman Cathoilc doctrine) but three days and three nights after HIS death on the cross.

DS

Since false Christians celebrate every year Easter Sunday as the day of Christ's resurrection and Good Friday as the day he was crucified, they follow the trap of Satan and fail to follow God.

Christmas, according to the lost and false Christian, man's tradition is every 25 Dec though it too is wrong, Christians still celebrate this ungodly holiday meanwhile Christ death and resurrection date are not being followed as occurred but by tradition of the whore of babylon which infected the church almost from its beginning.

edit on 2-4-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
“False Christians” really?
Again, I dismiss this as gnostic nonsense
What year did Jesus die?
you havnt even got an answer for that yet you want to condemn people over a date
No thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Died on a Monday came back on a Friday for the weekend.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Is the year important or the DAY HE DIED? Since true Christians celebrate the DATE (14 Nisan) as Christian Convenant AND Jesus death..... NOT Good Friday.

17th evening, 18th morning NISAN as the resurrection.... YEAR is irrevellant.

Like I told you before....you have no credibility.

originally posted by: Raggedyman
What year did Jesus die?
you havnt even got an answer for that yet you want to condemn people over a date
No thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Is the year important or the DAY HE DIED?

Like I told you before....you have no credibility.

originally posted by: Raggedyman
What year did Jesus die?
No thanks

Neither does your psychobabble

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If you really believe what the bible says then Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, and rose on Saturday evening. When the women came to the tomb, he had already risen.

Friday evening to Sunday morning ISN'T three days.

Jews start their days at Sunset. Not from midnight to midnight.

Jesus died just before sunset on a Wednesday. The next day was a sabbath, but not the one that falls on Saturday. There were two that week. A special sabbath on that Thursday and another one on that Saturday. You are not allowed to touch a body on the sabbath, so Jesus was laid in a tomb Wednesday night quickly, just before sunset.

On Thursday he was still in the tomb. No one was touching him on Thursday though, because it was a sabbath.

On Friday, the women went and prepared the body for burial and wrapped him in a shroud. It's call the Taharah. The body was still in the tomb at that time. There wasn't time to bury him on Thursday after the body was prepared and prayers were said over the body, which is tradition. So he was left in the tomb.

The next day, Saturday, was also a sabbath, SO, the body wasn't to be touched, and so they could not bury him. So he remained in the tomb Saturday.

The NEXT DAY, Sunday, the women go to the tomb and find it EMPTY. Jesus had already risen. I assume if he was there, they would have buried him that day.

So he was in the tomb, from Wednesday at around sunset and rose on Saturday evening around sunset. Sunday morning, he was already resurrected and risen. And had been for hours.

Wednesday from sunset to Saturday sunset is your three full days.

If you'd like to look further into this theory, there's plenty online to support it. And it certainly makes more sense than Friday night to Sunday morning, one and a half days. Jesus said he'd be dead three days, not one and a half.
edit on 2-4-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Why don't you just watch the Youtube video?

Your calculation is close but not on the nose.

He died on a Wendesday (14 Nisan) and rose on evening 17th-morning 18th which was on a Sunday.

Christ was dead for 3 full days and 3 full nights.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
He died on the 6th day of the week of the Jewish Calendar, the day of preparation, and he arose during the night of the first day of the week of the Jewish Calendar.

Their Day started at sundown so it was called a night and a day. The months are 28 day long and because of such every 7 years they were to add a 13th month to correct for orbital elongation. So rarely does the Passover, the week of unleavened bread and the Resurrection day line up together with the pagan Roman Catholic holiday of Easter.

We have more days/years added to the current calendar than it should be.
edit on 4/2/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
That's basically what I said.

Then I said to do further research if interested in the theory.

Why the nit picking?

a reply to: DeathSlayer

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   
IMO Christ covenant, death and resurrection is the most holy days of all times for the Gentile and we should teach our children the truth under strict guidelines to NOT fall into gnosticism as many here follow.

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
That's basically what I said.

Then I said to do further research if interested in the theory.

Why the nit picking?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I'm happy to celebrate the Pagan holiday over a conflated Christian holiday because Pagan beliefs are more grounded in reality than Christian beliefs , I think we'd all be in a better place if we worshiped our planet over mythological constructs invented to control the thoughts and actions of populations.

Not sure anyone has been to war off the back of Pagan belief , no Pagan Crusades or Pagan suicide bombers to my knowledge.

Paganism is just love for our mother Earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Then I say, Enjoy your pagan holiday.

originally posted by: gortex

I'm happy to celebrate the Pagan holiday over a conflated Christian holiday because Pagan beliefs are more grounded in reality than Christian beliefs , I think we'd all be in a better place if we worshiped our planet over mythological constructs invented to control the thoughts and actions of populations.

Not sure anyone has been to war off the back of Pagan belief , no Pagan Crusades or Pagan suicide bombers to my knowledge.

Paganism is just love for our mother Earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Thank you , the sky is blue and the giver of life is shining in the sky but most importantly I'm not at work... what's not to enjoy.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

As a Christian, I S&F your research and your time spent on this thread. I made a few conclusions.

- Everyday is a bless, I don't believe one day is more important than the others.
- Christmas is for children and Amazon Prime.
- I like the Christmas tree, I love trees in general.
- All Fridays are good, Sunday's afternoons are a bit sad.
- All the hard work done by Jesus wasn't enough, that's why He'll come back to get it done once for all and I just can't wait.
- I also believe the concept of heaven and hell had been twisted by men. I'm sure there is a lot of people from other religions in both sides.
- Hell is full of lawyers and politicians.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Easy. Apples and oranges. Jesus never died. He lives.....a little glitch along the Way....and POOF! HE LIVES!

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It is known as Nisan 14 which was last weekend,
most Christians are out by a whole week this year.

edit on 2-4-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Hell if I know. Does it really matter?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yep and as far as it goes that could be our June 5th.
edit on 4/3/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Funny however there are a few sects/cults that believe what you preach.... Jesus never died. This lie started in the first century shortly after HE ascended.

Yes he did die....for three days and three nights....and then HE rose from the dead.

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Easy. Apples and oranges. Jesus never died. He lives.....a little glitch along the Way....and POOF! HE LIVES!

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What do you think?

Jesus commanded his apostles at the last supper to do this in rememberance of me.

So yeah it does matter.

originally posted by: rickymouse

Hell if I know. Does it really matter?

<<   2 >>

join