It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Pork, our lumber, our concrete and now our WOMBS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff
The parents would be the couple who rented the womb. This post touched on that: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not really sure what difference you think it would make since either way, if they hightail it outta the US, the child won't be using the benefits available to them as us citizens anyway.

edit on 23-3-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So who delivered in the maternity ward?
What was the cost and who paid it?

I don’t think I saw it in the article but my phone and eyes don’t go well together since I hit 50.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
So who delivered in the maternity ward?
What was the cost and who paid it?

Obviously the surrogate delivered and although it doesn't say if the couple covered hospital costs, it does say that they paid her $35-40K.

Also, they obviously covered the cost of the procedure leading to the pregnancy because that isn't something that is covered by public health.

Having spent all that I'm thinking they probably paid for the delivery as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If there is no cost to the tax payer I really don’t have a problem with the concept, I guess - each to their own.

However, this really shouldn’t involve the American People in any way. It’s a private transaction for private services. It shouldn’t end with the baby being awarded American citizenship and all of the benefits attached.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
However, this really shouldn’t involve the American People in any way. It’s a private transaction for private services. It shouldn’t end with the baby being awarded American citizenship and all of the benefits attached.

That isn't how birthright citizenship works.

If the chinese lady traveled to the US and gave birth, without a surrogate the child would still be a US citizen. That is also something that is being done, it's called birth tourism.
edit on 23-3-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

So the child born to the surrogate is not a US citizen by birth? Is there something I'm missing? A child born to an American citizen, regardless of DNA parentage is an American citizen. As for them hightailing the child back out of the country, that's also an issue. Education in CCP approved curriculum, raising to have CCP ideals, and then sent back over just before college in order to have some history in the country. Perfectly legal American citizen with very anti-American ideals.

Now is this a feasible strategy in the short term? Absolutely not. However China doesn't typically do short term planning do they?

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Pork and babies, very, very similar. Was this intentional?

edit on 24-3-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

Pork and babies, very, very similar. Was this intentional?

I would say only in your mind, but I've seen a pig close up and the only thing I can think is that their eyes look
so.... human...

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

This!!!

So you're just hugely protective of American citizenship and privileges because you will have less privileges if more chinese american babies are born?

I still don't get it.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
So the child born to the surrogate is not a US citizen by birth? Is there something I'm missing?

They are US citizens. I guess what you missed was that NorthOfStuff said they shouldn't be.

A child born to an American citizen, regardless of DNA parentage is an American citizen. As for them hightailing the child back out of the country, that's also an issue. Education in CCP approved curriculum, raising to have CCP ideals, and then sent back over just before college in order to have some history in the country. Perfectly legal American citizen with very anti-American ideals.

Now is this a feasible strategy in the short term? Absolutely not. However China doesn't typically do short term planning do they?

Those exist, even without a CCP education.

If things are as bad as some people say they are in china, I'm guessing the kid would cozy up to life in the US and flick the finger to the CCP ideals.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join