It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Dead and 284 Hospitalized After Drinking from Borehole Near Cemetery (Nigeria)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
VIA: RSOE-EDIS website (rsoe-edis.org...) in the "OTHER" category if you look at the list (not the actual hazard map, although it is marked on there as well):

At least three persons have died and 284 persons hospitalized as strange disease hit Kano city, Kano State Government said on Tuesday. The disease has spread across the eight metropolitan councils and five more local government areas in the state. Commissioner for Health Dr. Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa said preliminary investigation revealed that affected persons developed various “strange” symptoms after drinking water from a borehole sunk near cemetery.

-I would say this is one of those ways you get one of them-thar zombie pockyclipses..
edit on 16-3-2021 by MadMaxZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MadMaxZombie

Smart people that lot.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"... after drinking from borehole near cemetary ..."

"Hmm, you don't think that this water tastes a little 'off,' do you?"

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Smart people that lot.

Has nothing to do with smart. When you are dirt poor and don't even have access to drinking water, you tend do things like in the article.

Articles like this are why poor people in the US have no idea how lucky they are... they are rich compared to much of the rest of the world. You can be from the roughest, poorest ghetto in the US and you will still have running water and plumbing and most certainly won't be drinking from a bore hole.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yes lets go drink water collected in a run off next to a Cemetery

What harm could come of it

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
They may not have realized the water was tainted, and I'm certain they would have drank clean water if they had it.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Help is on the way.
I'm helping a Nigerian banker's widow over the Internet...who promises to take care of this as soon as we can free up her husband's money.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We got ourselves an entire village of darwin award winners here folks.

That is seriously so disgusting did they not smell that dirty water before drinking it? Will the deaths be labelled as corona?

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I commented before thinking it through.

This may be the only water around.
The probably bored everywhere else and came up with dust.

Then this gift of water I bet they were lining up to get just a cup of that nasty tainted water.

Look at flint michigan some of the people there still drink that tainted water.

I guess you make due with what ya got could be cancer water or dirty zombie water if that's what ya got you kinda dont have a choice drink or die.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Help is on the way.
I'm helping a Nigerian banker's widow over the Internet...who promises to take care of this as soon as we can free up her husband's money.

That's very noble of you! I have been the benefactor of the fortunes of many Nigerian bankers, princes, billionaires, etc.

It's tough going though, it seems no matter how much you send them to pay the fees associated with gaining access to the millions, something always falls through.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

God help them, there are any number of reasons not to dig for water near a cemetery not least water born disease from the remains of the deceased that have leached into the ground water.

It can also cause disease similar to mad cow disease that run rampant among cannibal populations and other defect and biologically catastrophic affects upon a person's health.

Not even good for watering animal's, crop's maybe but even then would you want to eat a carrot grown in Corpse Juice.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I occasionally see TV evangelist programming or commercials for charity work where donations go to water well projects in third world countries. I remember one where an old African woman was walking 2 miles to a stagnant mud hole to get water twice a day before they built the well for their village. That was a great blessing for those people, I'm sure, but I've heard stories about how the well pump breaks down after awhile and they have no parts, money for parts, or simply don't know how to fix it. At least one program I saw had taught some people there how to maintain and repair their pumps.

Don't these poor Africans have shovels? Don't they know how to dig a hole? In that one example, if the water table was that high two miles away, they could have dug a clean well by hand closer to home.

Now I wouldn't expect everyone to have the knowledge and skills to filter water, but with sand, charcoal, and some wood to build the structure, you can filter out some really bad water. A solar still wouldn't be that hard or expensive either and it's a very clean method. Give a man a fish . . .

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Plenty to do with education all the same.

I'm aware of the dilemma we face where clean water sources are concerned.

Don't change the fact drinking water from under a cemetery is a really stupid notion.

Im not from the roughest, poorest ghetto in the US, and nether are those poor sods.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Help is on the way.

The Irony is not lost, most of our Scam's come from New Deli but every now and then from there.

Had a good one today over the phone, robotic Steven Hawking voice telling me that our BT internet was going to be terminated for activity related to Hacking and Theft and to press such and such a number to speak to there representative, we are NOT even BT (British Telecom a phone line and internet provider over here) customers so I tracked the number back and it came back to a bogus company in the city of York UK but registered in New Deli India, probably just using a residential phone number probably here but they had another scam wanting Email data so I gave them a Bogus Email, Bogus Name and Bogus Telephone number then left a rather ripe message of my own for them to read, be hilarious if they try to sell those details on or use them themselves, come to think of it I was a bit slow as I should have given them a cyber crimes telephone number for them to attempt there scam upon.

It is genuinely sad how many people really do fall for those lonely widow and mail order bride scam's though.

edit on 16-3-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: andy06shake

Smart people that lot.

Has nothing to do with smart. When you are dirt poor and don't even have access to drinking water, you tend do things like in the article.

Articles like this are why poor people in the US have no idea how lucky they are... they are rich compared to much of the rest of the world. You can be from the roughest, poorest ghetto in the US and you will still have running water and plumbing and most certainly won't be drinking from a bore hole.

Exactly! Be grateful your ancestors came however they came to the USA!

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I just did a search and came up with some extra details. There is no mention of a borehole or cemetery.

I'm confused!?

AA.com

KANO, Nigeria

At least three people died and over 183 were hospitalized in the northwestern city of Kano after taking expired and poisonous fruit drinks, officials said Tuesday.

The Kano State commissioner for health, Dr. Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa, said the outbreak has spread to about 13 local government areas.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Tsanyawa said the incident occurred when the patients took expired citric acid powdered drinks.

He said the outbreak affected 284 people, adding 101 have been discharged from hospitals while 183 patients are currently receiving treatment.

More research shows that there is a history in that area, where there are often outbreaks of sickness from heavy metals in drinking water; apparently from industrial waste.

edit on 16-3-2021 by Encia22 because: Just tinkering

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Accept America’s clean water crisis is rather problematic with no real relief in sight.

Some of the the poorest clean water sources being
California.
Ohio.
New Jersey.
Washington.
Arizona.
Georgia.
Puerto Rico.

Adequate clean drinking water for the masses in not just a 3rd world problem, and the dilemma only increases along with the population.
edit on 16-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

they probably used the tainted water to mix their fruity powdered drinks.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Possibly different news sources but that just means that something made those people ill, if it is industrial pollution then just maybe some corporation somewhere was putting out disinformation in order to try to cover there nasty arses from being prosecuted and getting bad international press.

Probably not Rio Tinto those bounders don't give a damn and just rape a nation and destroy as many lives and as much ecology as they want and get away with it so likely someone else.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

My God! The company buried the expired and poisonous fruit drinks in the cemetery and the borehole somehow broke through those waste barrels!?!?

Someone call Nestle!

Seriously, each of these periodic "Africans dying and hospitalized from mystery ailment" stories that strike about every 4 months sound too similar to each other to be taken seriously. We get the fact that this stuff happens in #holes, but until major international news outlets with actual reputations to defend pick the story up, I consider all of them with a grain of salt.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join