It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

58th day in the hospital with covid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I’ve mentioned here before that I have direct knowledge of over a dozen people that have had covid 19.
The majority have had mild to moderate flu symptoms and one lady had no symptoms at all and only knew because she was tested at her job.

This story is about Andy.
He’s 48.
Today was his 58th in the hospital after being admitted with breathing issues.
A trach and *ECMO* for the last month.
He was in a coma until about a week ago.

Today was an amazing day.
Andy sat in a recliner today for an hour with assistance.
Baby steps...

The kung flu can kiss my @$$...

“ECMO is a machine that removes carbon dioxide and adds oxygen to blood”

Naturally of course.....Covid-cold causes Pleomorphic Bacteria from your gut to morph into viral size and flood into your bloodstream mimicing ANTIBODIES.....a living Bacteria expressing itself in viral size and camoflaged and polluting the bloodstream 24/7/365.

Its the polluted blood that cannot carry o2 because it is so DILUTED and altered and full of pollutants that has been killing people.
edit on 6-3-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I’ve never met a covid denier.

There's a couple on this website, I wouldn't be surprised if they pop in and tell you what's what.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, when at least 2 people I know have died from it, how can I deny that it exists? It is not about free thought or opinion. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but when there are facts... Well, no sense in arguing about it. This is just the kind of thing I was referring to. Some people will just not get it until a family member dies or they have a bad case of it themselves.

I think it is time to leave this site again. I was gone for the better part of a year. Only recently started posting regularly again. Too toxic for me. Catch you all in another year or so.
edit on 6-3-2021 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Toxic....

We live in a society where doctor Seuss and a plastic potato offend people.

Toxic is not the word I would use,
Maybe a total loss of perspective is more accurate.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Toxic....

We live in a society where doctor Seuss and a plastic potato offend people.

Toxic is not the word I would use,
Maybe a total loss of perspective is more accurate.

Fair enough. Maybe toxic is not the correct word. How about loss of empathy for our fellow man? That may be more accurate.

I agree with you on the Dr. Suess/potato head thing. That is very toxic. Seems the world has lost it's way in so many ways.

Anyway, I do hope Andy recovers fully. That is a long time to be in a hospital in such poor shape. Personally, I will say a prayer for him, and for the rest of our country/world. I think we all have had enough of this. I look forward to the time things get back to nearly normal, and I am sure it will with time.
edit on 6-3-2021 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Even idiots think for themselves

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: caterpillage

Even idiots think for themselves

I sing in the shower but that doesn’t make me tony Bennett..

😂

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There must be an underlying condition in this guy to have spent that long in the hospital. ...

It doesn't always have to be the case. Sometimes people have extreme consequences to things that rarely affect healthy people. Incredibly rare doesn't mean impossible nor does it mean draconian response is justified or that anything could have prevented it.

Sometimes people who have been deemed 'fit and healthy' just die from a heart attack or stroke or a bee sting. Stuff happens.

That said, ultimately there are underlying factors for every single disease. They just aren't always obvious nor mundane.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

One of the guys I work with believes that certain blood types are effected much harsher than others.
I’ve never looked into that theory.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Was just sharing that sentiment....you know...

*Even a broken clock is right twice a day"...and...
"It's always 5 o'clock somewhere"!

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And I know some people who, while they have not died, have lost everything else in their lives: job, home, etc.

I have plenty of empathy, but a life lost is a life destroyed, and a life with nothing is also a life destroyed.

The response to this has destroyed people in far more ways than just death, and for some, losing everything is perhaps a fate worse than death in the sense that they may never recover but they'll have to live with that forever.

No one seems to have empathy for that.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

And yet we still have covid deniers out there, and right here. Hard to believe.

I don't deny the COVID classification, I don't deny the very real symptoms of feverish respiratory problems.
Yet I don't know one person in my large circle of friends that got it, I have family all over North America, nobody got it, I work for a good sized company spread out over different regions, not one employee got it. Others I have talked to say the same thing.
Which means it's not really a pandemic, our ancestors went through a real pandemic, the Spanish flu, I had family members die to that one.
There are all kinds of threads on ATS saying what is really happening.

edit on 6-3-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I know people who have gotten it, but not on the order of the Spanish Flu. I know of people who have lost some to it, but again, not on the order of the Spanish Flu.

This is not a health crisis on the magnitude of the Spanish Flu even though it is a disease that people do get and that they can die from. We do know enough now to know who we should protect and how, and shutting down everyone's lives simply is not the answer.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I’ve never met a covid denier.

The usage of the "denier" word is a disgusting and calculated method of associating people who ask questions with holocaust deniers. We see it with "climate deniers" also. It's repulsive and intended to deter others from asking questions.

It's the same with "Anti-Masker".
Nobody is running around ripping masks off of people's faces, they just want the right to choose their own path.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

It's almost the standard response to people in the UK who dislike masks to accuse them of "trying to kill granny".

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Not only that, but some of us who think masks don't do what people have been conditioned to think they do still end up wearing them. It's not like most of us are walking around without them even if we think it's not what most of us do.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What is a COVID denier? Is it like a Nazi? You know all over the place, but hidden?

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

There are cases like Andy’s unfortunately, even though most are nowhere near as severe.
Was the shutdown really worth it?
I don’t think so.
The long term effects will be much worse than just using common sense.

We can look at Andy's case many different ways. Age has more to do with the strength of your immune system and more of a chance of preexisting conditions. So at 48 was he in great health before he got it? Even with that there are people who die from taking an aspirin, as example. Everyone is different...but it is very rare to have a healthy person get it and die, or come close to dying.

What we do not know is if we had locked down only to not overwhelm the medical system (short spurts of 2 weeks here and there, and only in places needed) would we actually have more deaths once we look back with a total in 2022 after herd immunity is finally here.

I'm going to suggest the numbers would be very close because we went from 4% initially to 1.8% to what we have today that is around .05% or less as we are 10x better in caring for the sick today than 8 months ago. Andy would have been dead 8 months ago...

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

But i got it. Now. Still can smell and taste.

My son went to his college town of Pullman and they passed it around like a joint for about 3 weeks...1000s of them got it. My son and his two roommates and his frat of 250 all had it the same week.

In every case 1.5 days of low fever and not feeling so good, then 3 or 4 days with no smell. My son said it was the weirdest thing, but by day 6 everything was back to normal for them.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There's a couple on this website, I wouldn't be surprised if they pop in and tell you what's what.

You need to define what a COVID denier is, are you sure you are not mixing them up with a Fauci denier?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join