It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks and social distancing. scientific or legal authority

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

So, an endless emergency.

Legislators no longer need to pass laws, just have governors act as dictators. People must give up their rights because if they don't, the Covid is going to kill everyone. Anyone not living in fear must be ostracized, vilified, and silenced.

Sort of like Patriot Act II.

This is how you enslave a people. You convince them that life is more important than rights. Not only will they give up their own rights, they will give up everyone's rights. Even their children's.

Imagine if you could tell your great grandchildren that you had to give up their rights because we have an emergency that lasted 100 years.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

What rights have you given up, specifically? Going to Walmart without a face covering is nowhere in the constitution.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
From my understanding the govt cannot force you to wear a mask. They cannot enforce any of the social distance or limits on how many people can be in one place. Police have said on hundreds of occasions across the USA they cannot and will not attempt to enforce any of it.

What the govt does is circumvent this by using other govt offices to fine or shut down businesses, churches, etc etc who don't comply with whatever they want. See Gretchen Whitmer. She has lost in court in Michigan numerous times for attempting to to just this. But just the threat is usually enough to make businesses comply.

Since the business will get fined by a govt agency for masks they then won't serve you unless you wear a mask. So that's how we get there.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

What rights have you given up, specifically? Going to Walmart without a face covering is nowhere in the constitution.

If you want to open that can of worms, let's just remove all the current govt requirements that are not specifically listed in the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

That is a non-answer. What rights, specifically, have any of us lost due to mask mandates?

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I never said any rights were lost. I don't believe they are as the govt cannot force you to wear a mask. Period.

But I am saying watch out because if you are going to fall back on "the Constitution" as the authoritative source for this one argument then you will need to apply the same litmus test to all your arguments, or you are a hypocrite.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join