It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s first coronavirus human challenge study gets green light in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah, so I guess soon in the UK the first 'Human Challenge' study of the rona will be commencing. Up to 90 people will be intentionally exposed to the rona then the next stage will be the same thing, but to a group of volunteers given the various vaccines, only the ones 'proven to be safe' of course...

Well good luck to those human Guinea pigs in the UK i suppose. Though it's starting to feel like we're all lab rats in a giant global experiment.

www.politico.eu...

The U.K. is set to begin the world’s first trial of healthy volunteers being intentionally infected with coronavirus, after the study received ethics approval. 

The so-called human challenge study will begin within a month, said the U.K. Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in a statement Wednesday, with up to 90 people being exposed to a very small amount of coronavirus in a safe and controlled environment. 

The next stage of the study, which has not yet been approved, will involve giving a coronavirus vaccine to different volunteers and then exposing them to coronavirus. Only vaccines that “have proven to be safe in clinical trials” will be used. However, researchers are still a “long way” from this stage of the study, according to Terence Stephenson, chair of the Health Research Authority, which gave ethics approval.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
They are asking for volunteers aged between 18-30, a group of people which we are told are not badly effected by the virus.

However, until you contract it, you never really know do you?

If I was in that age bracket I’m not sure I would volunteer, but there will be plenty of unemployed people due to the effects on the economy, so maybe they will be inundated with volunteers?

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88good luck to those human Guinea pigs in the UK

everyone that has taken the vaccine, anywhere, is a guinea-pig.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is simply the Minnesota Seroquel Scandal, on a larger scale.

What if we find out, people were blackmailed or forced into this study, for the "good of all"?

This is just big pharma throwing its weight around.

Will they learn useful information? Probably, but does that condone the methods they use to find those results? Who cares, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Well good luck to those human Guinea pigs in the UK i suppose.

They are no different to the human Guinea pigs who take part in clinical trials of new medicines every year , I don't see anything wrong in learning more about the virus that has turned our lives upside down.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll work their funny numbers to show that people are better off with the vaccine even in spite of overcoming the virus on their own.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No. Governments have turned our lives upside down, not the cold virus

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Governments in response to the virus in an effort to keep the number of deaths down , I don't think everything my government has done has been right but by and large I can see why they made the decisions they did.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Governments in response to the virus in an effort to keep the number of deaths down , I don't think everything my government has done has been right but by and large I can see why they made the decisions they did.

I can't. Maybe at the very start. From March onwards I didn't see the need for any of this. Just unnecessary overreaction to a seasonal flu.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Agreed, but we are in an environment here where if anyone sneezes inappropriately it's conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I’d suggest the whole of this last 12 months had been a
“challenge”

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I'm sure they'll work their funny numbers to show that people are better off with the vaccine even in spite of overcoming the virus on their own.

Well, yeah.

Obviously, 60% of the people who were intentionally exposed to this manufactured virus under lab conditions will be better off with the vaccine during the trial period than they would be without it.

Three to six years later when those people are all dying of multiple organ failure and need tens of thousands of dollars a year worth of treatment to survive, the studies will already be in print.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25770694]lordcomac[/post/

This whole circus has been about power grabs, big Pharma, financial resets.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

They have made too many blunders, and too many fibs have been told with regard to this pandemic.

Either the medical professionals high up are thick, or are bought off. If so, may they all go to hell in a basket.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Well : at lea$t it obtained 'ethic$ approuval', from a corrupt ethicle$$ organization, eh ? ( Health Re$earch Authority™. )

Al$o : if anyone thought thi$ wa$ anything but a bu$ine$$-model, and wealth-tran$fer : why would the "U.K. Department for Bu$ine$$, Energy and Indu$trial $trategy™ " be involved ?

Are Klau$ $chwab and Bill Gate$ bu$ine$$men, or health expert$ ?

Who i$ making mega-billion$, and who i$ paying for everything ?

An invi$ible viru$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

How fortunate, for tho$e $$avvy busine$$men, eh ?

We need more guinea-pig$$ !!

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Lockdown weakens immune system,. lack of sun, exercise and stress all effect immune system.. not a healthy start to try combat something..

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I've read enough to know that covid is no more serious than a cold, but you can keep believing that the Govt has your best interest at heart.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I've read enough to know that covid is no more serious than a cold, but you can keep believing that the Govt has your best interest at heart.

I work for the National Health Service I don't need to believe the government I see the effects of it day in day out.

You believe what you've read , I'll believe what I know.

top topics

join